The Dark Mod Forums

Just Another "hey This Looks Awesome" Thread

Rythmix

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One shooter I really did like was Aliens vs. Predator 2--more atmospheric than most shooters, and it did manage to keep half a brain in its head (half a brain). There were some spectacularly tense action sequences that I haven't seen replicated in a game since, and the designers really managed to do the most with the engine they had.

Edited by thestemmer

Well I don't like to call Deus Ex an FPS, because of the stigma that is associate with the term nowadays, but the fact is that its in first person, and you shoot. So it definetly falls into that category. It's an FPS like no other, but its still an FPS :)

Some people even call Thief an FPS, for the same reasons, allthough you sneak primarily, and shooting is rare and only supports sneaking, so you could call it an FPS - first person sneaker :)

One shooter I really did like was Aliens vs. Predator 2--more atmospheric than most shooters...

!

Hehehe, I love AvP2 :)

The Predator is cheap in MP though - too hard to see even though he's my fav character, I don't use him there.

Funny that you mention it cos I just started re-playing it about 2 days ago lol. I really hate the disorienting wall-walk though. In AvP1 it was really really good (did'nt put your face up your ass on a 90 degree bend <_< ) Wish they had done it better in AvP2.

Man, in some spots the lighting is done really well (sometimes even better then HL2 - though that's a long shot).

It would be good to see an AvP mod for D3. Though I doubt that would happen.

Oddity: there's a reason to why people still play and make maps for Doom1 and 2 to this very day.

Personally I prefer games that have a first person view. Weather it's Myst (big fan of that line of games) Doom (Still making addons for it. I need to get a life. :P ) , System Shock (One of the best games ever) or Thief.

Now, how can my preferred taste be wrong? It can be bad from someone else's point of view. I know I think a whole lot of people are retarded and have bad taste. But the concept of bad taste is rather illogic. Because who would decide what is the uniform good taste? I doubt the people I find having bad taste (people who like to dress like in the 80'ies with mullets and other attrocities) think to themselves "-Hoo boy, I sure have bad taste." They rather think "-Oh my god, look at that drug addicted punker over there, what a mess he is."

Who's wrong? I think the person who likes 80'ies shit is wrong in liking it, cause it's such an attrocity. But that person probably think I look like shit too.

Generally I don't eat fast food, because I enjoy the food I make myself a whole lot more.

BTW: Oddity, you'd probably love C/S. :P

BTW2: I really loved Doom3 and it's expansion.