Photo

Fan Mission: The Accountant 2: New In Town by Goldwell (2016/05/09)

• Please log in to reply
190 replies to this topic

#176 brh

brh

• PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 04 February 2018 - 09:36 AM

Hello sorry for the bump, but I cant' seem to pick up one gold purse inside the office where you unlock the safe behind the painting, how can i fix this?

#177 Goldwell

Goldwell

Team Member

• Active Developer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2426 posts

Posted 04 February 2018 - 09:38 AM

Hello sorry for the bump, but I cant' seem to pick up one gold purse inside the office where you unlock the safe behind the painting, how can i fix this?

Are you referring to the one on the very top floor?

The Accountant
Part 1: Thieves and Heirs | Part 2: New In town

Shadows of Northdale Campaign

ACT I

Stand Alone Missions
Lord Edgar's Bathhouse | Spring Cleaning

#178 brh

brh

• PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 04 February 2018 - 09:43 AM

Are you referring to the one on the very top floor?

Yes i don't know why, i managed to pick up all the bottles and one of the coin purse, but the other doesn't even highlight. I wanted to put all of this in spoiler but i don't know how.

It's something that happened while playing other fan mission too, dunno what exactly causes it that some loot are unpickable

Edited by brh, 04 February 2018 - 09:44 AM.

#179 Goldwell

Goldwell

Team Member

• Active Developer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2426 posts

Posted 04 February 2018 - 09:50 AM

Yes i don't know why, i managed to pick up all the bottles and one of the coin purse, but the other doesn't even highlight. I wanted to put all of this in spoiler but i don't know how.

You can write in a spoiler on the forum by clicking on the "Special BBCode" button (which is the third button from the top left on the reply form here) and then selecting "spoiler" from the drop down menu or just writing it manually into the text box like so: [ spoiler] spoiler in here [/spoiler].

As for your issue with the coin purse not highlighting I am not sure if there is a solution, looking at the safe in the editor I can see all pieces of loot are under the same frob control box (this entity determines what is frobable and what isn't). So basically it should either all be frobable or none of it. It's quite strange that a single piece of loot isn't frobable though.

You can either load back to a save game before opening the safe and try opening it again or you'll just have to leave the loot there and move on.

The Accountant

ACT I

Stand Alone Missions

#180 brh

brh

• PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 04 February 2018 - 09:54 AM

You can write in a spoiler on the forum by clicking on the "Special BBCode" button (which is the third button from the top left on the reply form here) and then selecting "spoiler" from the drop down menu or just writing it manually into the text box like so: [ spoiler] spoiler in here [/spoiler].

As for your issue with the coin purse not highlighting I am not sure if there is a solution, looking at the safe in the editor I can see all pieces of loot are under the same frob control box (this entity determines what is frobable and what isn't). So basically it should either all be frobable or none of it. It's quite strange that a single piece of loot isn't frobable though.

You can either load back to a save game before opening the safe and try opening it again or you'll just have to leave the loot there and move on.

Thanks for the tip about spoiler, Yes that's what i did this is the second time and i can't still loot it. I'd like to figure this since this is like the 2nd or 3rd time it happens on a mission. I'll retry again wth another load.By the way lovely missions, i'll be sure to play the others too

Edited by brh, 04 February 2018 - 09:56 AM.

#181 CountMorillonite

CountMorillonite

• PipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 04 February 2018 - 10:57 AM

I think your problem is the "unattainable loot" issue, which I come across on many missions. Version 2.06, currently in Beta, is supposed to address this. 

#182 brh

brh

• PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 04 February 2018 - 11:02 AM

I think your problem is the "unattainable loot" issue, which I come across on many missions. Version 2.06, currently in Beta, is supposed to address this. 

Thank you for the answer, it might be!

Spoiler

#183 Goldwell

Goldwell

Team Member

• Active Developer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2426 posts

Posted 04 February 2018 - 11:04 AM

Spoiler

Spoiler

The Accountant

ACT I

Stand Alone Missions

#184 CountMorillonite

CountMorillonite

• PipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 04 February 2018 - 11:05 AM

Spoiler

The fast answer is....I don't know. It's been a while since I played this particular mission. 

#185 brh

brh

• PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 04 February 2018 - 11:12 AM

oh boy, i thought i was done and yet, it took another twist. I must press on

#186 Ubersuntzu

Ubersuntzu

• PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 02 June 2018 - 06:26 PM

You madman! You told me to get ready to be disappointed! But the Accountant maps are just as amazing, and only a little less open and sprawling. My only criticism is that the 2nd part of Accountant II felt like it would have been better served being expanded into its own full mission instead closing out what already felt like fully fleshed and self-contained mission. But it's just an issue with the pacing than any complaint about the content, which went well beyond anything I ever expected to see from a Dark Mod mission.

Spoiler

• Goldwell likes this

#187 Shaz

Shaz

• PipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 06 August 2018 - 07:28 PM

I finally got around to finishing this. I started it nearly 2 years ago, but, well...

Spoiler

Playing through it now I was like 'really, wow, that was easy, what happened last time?' and I have no idea. Maybe I was seen and it traumatized me so much that I had to let the memory fade?

Anyway, this mission was so full of surprises! Unexpected and great surprises!

I have a lingering question, however. Near the end, there's a locked door that I could find no way through.

Spoiler
Is there a way in, or anything in there of note? I already know I missed some items in one room earlier on, but that was purposefully.

Spoiler
That'd be part of my missing loot (5868/6167), but I'm not a 'must get it ALL' person- aside from secrets, which I got all of, thank you so much for adding them!

I'm really looking forward to where this goes next; your missions are always a pleasure to play.

#188 Goldwell

Goldwell

Team Member

• Active Developer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2426 posts

Posted 07 August 2018 - 05:27 PM

I finally got around to finishing this. I started it nearly 2 years ago, but, well...

Spoiler

Playing through it now I was like 'really, wow, that was easy, what happened last time?' and I have no idea. Maybe I was seen and it traumatized me so much that I had to let the memory fade?

Anyway, this mission was so full of surprises! Unexpected and great surprises!

I have a lingering question, however. Near the end, there's a locked door that I could find no way through.

Spoiler
Is there a way in, or anything in there of note? I already know I missed some items in one room earlier on, but that was purposefully.

Spoiler
That'd be part of my missing loot (5868/6167), but I'm not a 'must get it ALL' person- aside from secrets, which I got all of, thank you so much for adding them!

I'm really looking forward to where this goes next; your missions are always a pleasure to play.

I’m glad you enjoyed the mission but sadly the accountant 3 seems unlikely to be created at this point. Currently I’m focusing on finishing the Shadows of Northdale campaign. 

In regards to your questions

Spoiler

The Accountant

ACT I

Stand Alone Missions

#189 MirceaKitsune

MirceaKitsune

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 736 posts

Posted 06 November 2018 - 07:42 PM

This FM was quite the experience. Definitely had its fair share of pros and cons for me:

The biggest pro is by far the attention to detail put into this mission! It scratched an itch I have with most open-source games: Developers thinking that if a world plays well, they don't need to add all those little things that the player will likely not notice anyway. This FM added a lot of effects and interactions, and it felt like I played an AAA game that was designed by top developers. Great job :D

The second biggest pro in my book was your mixture between TDM's medieval setup and modern elements. Apart from a certain item required to advance the mission, you've done some impressive work with the music. I'd love to see more FM's that take place in an alternate reality where some cultures were discovered before their time, including music or art slightly from the future.

The biggest con was that in my opinion, too much was crammed into a single FM, and it went on for longer than it should have. I believe the FM should have ended right after the sewer area: Everything beyond that felt like a different FM entirely, and IMO would have been best left for part 3. The map is also quite big for this reason which makes loading times unusually high.

Overall I cannot wait to see the next FM you make, whether it's the continuation to this or any other that has this level of effort put into it. You're truly doing a fantastic job.

• Goldwell likes this

#190 Goldwell

Goldwell

Team Member

• Active Developer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2426 posts

Posted 09 November 2018 - 10:08 PM

This FM was quite the experience. Definitely had its fair share of pros and cons for me:

The biggest pro is by far the attention to detail put into this mission! It scratched an itch I have with most open-source games: Developers thinking that if a world plays well, they don't need to add all those little things that the player will likely not notice anyway. This FM added a lot of effects and interactions, and it felt like I played an AAA game that was designed by top developers. Great job :D

The second biggest pro in my book was your mixture between TDM's medieval setup and modern elements. Apart from a certain item required to advance the mission, you've done some impressive work with the music. I'd love to see more FM's that take place in an alternate reality where some cultures were discovered before their time, including music or art slightly from the future.

The biggest con was that in my opinion, too much was crammed into a single FM, and it went on for longer than it should have. I believe the FM should have ended right after the sewer area: Everything beyond that felt like a different FM entirely, and IMO would have been best left for part 3. The map is also quite big for this reason which makes loading times unusually high.

Overall I cannot wait to see the next FM you make, whether it's the continuation to this or any other that has this level of effort put into it. You're truly doing a fantastic job.

Thank you for the kind words!

I do try and make a big deal about having environments feel lived in and as interactive as possible, different things that sometimes go unnoticed but I hope together they all add upto a more enjoyable situation. In terms of style I like to have fun with mixing medieval and steampunk, infact the steampunk fantasy style is great because you can bring modern equipment into a medieval world but still make it feel right. I do know there are some parts where it goes maybe a little too far but you live and learn.

As for your con, I agree that the mission length is a problem there, I played through this mission a couple of months back and found that it gets really long and drags on in certain areas. That's something that moving forward with other projects I am working hard on, trying to make sure everything fits into a one hour length but still feel detailed and be more open-ended. It's always a hard balance trying to sit between a good length and an enjoyable experience, some enjoy really short missions, others really long but generally I find if you don't feature creep you can help to avoid those issues. The accountant 2 had a lot of feature creeping and was definitely a lesson to learn in level design but all of the feedback I recieved both positive and negative have helped future projects in their balance and playability.

I appreciate your enthusiasm for my next projects too, while the accountant series is on indefinite hold, the Shadows of Northdale campaign is powering on strong. Both act 2 and 3 are being worked on and I am really looking forward to sharing those when the time comes.

The Accountant

ACT I

Stand Alone Missions

#191 MirceaKitsune

MirceaKitsune

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 736 posts

Posted 10 November 2018 - 07:20 AM

As for your con, I agree that the mission length is a problem there, I played through this mission a couple of months back and found that it gets really long and drags on in certain areas. That's something that moving forward with other projects I am working hard on, trying to make sure everything fits into a one hour length but still feel detailed and be more open-ended. It's always a hard balance trying to sit between a good length and an enjoyable experience, some enjoy really short missions, others really long but generally I find if you don't feature creep you can help to avoid those issues. The accountant 2 had a lot of feature creeping and was definitely a lesson to learn in level design but all of the feedback I recieved both positive and negative have helped future projects in their balance and playability.

Seeing your mission making style I think you'd be a good candidate for using the campaign system. Almost every FM you find for TDM is a single-mission, few campaigns have ever been made thus far. I'd generally love to see long complex stories with +10 maps... which don't all need to be unique levels per say, as I'm a fan of missions that take you back to a certain area later on, which is also a fun way to reuse an existing map with only minor variations. Something more open-world oriented would be amazing to have, though that's opening its own can of worms as TDM isn't designed to have that many RPG elements.

Edited by MirceaKitsune, 10 November 2018 - 07:21 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users