Photo

Fan Mission: Full Moon Fever by Spoonman (14/05/2016)

• Please log in to reply
83 replies to this topic

#1 level

level

Spoonman

• PipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 13 May 2016 - 11:44 PM

POPULAR

Mission Name: Full Moon Fever
Author: Spoonman
Build time: 5 months.
Version: 1.00
Released: 14/05/2016

Type: Manor
Size: Medium-large
Completion time: About an hour.
Difficulty settings: Higher difficulties require you to find more loot and also place restrictions on killing enemies.

Known issues:
Some areas of the mission can get noticeable drops in framerate.

Special thanks to:
Melan and Xarg for beta testing this mission and providing input on how to improve it.
Grayman for his minecart and tracks models from "Somewhere Above the City"

Bikerdude for his map from "Alberic's Curse"
Gigagooga for his custom ambient sounds (thanks to Melan for recommending them to me)

Download links:
http://www.mediafire...1n1ss/fever.pk4

Edited by level, 14 May 2016 - 08:58 AM.

• Bikerdude, Melan, kin and 10 others like this

#2 Goldwell

Goldwell

Team Member

• Active Developer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2197 posts

Posted 13 May 2016 - 11:45 PM

I've heard some good things about this!

Congrats on the release :D

The Accountant Series
Part 1: Thieves and Heirs | Part 2: New In town

Lord Edgar Trilogy
Lord Edgar's Bathhouse

Stand Alone Missions
Spring Cleaning

#3 Bikerdude

Bikerdude

Mod hero

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18894 posts

Posted 14 May 2016 - 02:32 AM

Yes, this is what I was referring to in my status update ^_^

#4 Melan

Melan

Contest Winner, Wordsmith

• Campaign Dev
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4393 posts

Posted 14 May 2016 - 02:48 AM

It is here! :)

Congratulations on the release - and everyone else, drop what you are doing and play this mission. You won't be disappointed! :)

Come the time of peril, did the ground gape, and did the dead rest unquiet 'gainst us. Our bands of iron and hammers of stone prevailed not, and some did doubt the Builder's plan. But the seals held strong, and the few did triumph, and the doubters were lain into the foundations of the new sanctum. -- Collected letters of the Smith-in-Exile, Civitas Approved

#5 demagogue

demagogue

Mod hero

• Active Developer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5245 posts

Posted 14 May 2016 - 03:02 AM

What's going on this week?
Congratulations on the release!
I look forward to it.
Posted Image

#6 Bikerdude

Bikerdude

Mod hero

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18894 posts

Posted 14 May 2016 - 03:02 AM

Available via mission downloader, can someone grab me some 800*600 screenshots and a mission intro text please?

#7 Goldwell

Goldwell

Team Member

• Active Developer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2197 posts

Posted 14 May 2016 - 05:32 AM

Fantastic mission. If I was to summarize it in a few words I would say it's a fun classic thief mission with a very Thief: The Dark Project feel to it.

More detailed review below:

Spoiler

Edited by Goldwell, 14 May 2016 - 05:33 AM.

• Melan likes this

The Accountant Series
Part 1: Thieves and Heirs | Part 2: New In town

Lord Edgar Trilogy
Lord Edgar's Bathhouse

Stand Alone Missions
Spring Cleaning

#8 Bikerdude

Bikerdude

Mod hero

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18894 posts

Posted 14 May 2016 - 06:29 AM

+1 on the above sentiments, and I would like to add  - very nice re-purposing of the Alberics curse map young man, bravo!

#9 Spooks

Spooks

• PipPip
  • 380 posts

Posted 14 May 2016 - 08:23 AM

Available via mission downloader, can someone grab me some 800*600 screenshots and a mission intro text please?

Here are some I took, resized and with raised gamma levels, click the thumbnails for full size:

s5euhIzm.jpg r6fPMQ8m.jpg

dIBCPUim.jpg iHlwIIcm.jpg

I'm playing the mission right now and so far I'm really feeling it! I'll get back with my full thoughts once I finish it.

Edited by Spooks, 14 May 2016 - 08:23 AM.

• Bikerdude and kin like this

My FMs: The King of Diamonds (2016)

Visit my Mapbook thread sometimes!

#10 Melan

Melan

• Campaign Dev
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4393 posts

Posted 14 May 2016 - 08:35 AM

level, you should also post a thread about the mission on TTLG. There are some people there who don't check these forums all that often.

Come the time of peril, did the ground gape, and did the dead rest unquiet 'gainst us. Our bands of iron and hammers of stone prevailed not, and some did doubt the Builder's plan. But the seals held strong, and the few did triumph, and the doubters were lain into the foundations of the new sanctum. -- Collected letters of the Smith-in-Exile, Civitas Approved

#11 Andrey

Andrey

• PipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 14 May 2016 - 08:52 AM

Congrats on the release,Spoonman!

I loved your missions Broken Hammers, Heretics and Pagans, The Lost Crusade.

#12 grayman

grayman

Master Builder, Coder

• Active Developer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11988 posts

Posted 14 May 2016 - 08:55 AM

Wow! Lots of new missions lately. Congrats!

#13 level

level

Spoonman

• PipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 14 May 2016 - 08:57 AM

+1 on the above sentiments, and I would like to add  - very nice re-purposing of the Alberics curse map young man, bravo!

I took it from Alberic's curse, but I thought it was part of the stock tdm resources. I didn't know it was yours. I'll give you credit, sorry.

Spoiler

Spoiler

level, you should also post a thread about the mission on TTLG. There are some people there who don't check these forums all that often.

I see Kin has already taken care of that. I forgot my ttlg password ages ago.

#14 Bikerdude

Bikerdude

Mod hero

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18894 posts

Posted 14 May 2016 - 08:59 AM

Kin has done the honours -

- http://www.ttlg.com/...266#post2319266

@Spooks, thanks fella.

I took it from Alberic's curse, but I thought it was part of the stock tdm resources. I didn't know it was yours. I'll give you credit, sorry.

Its all good fella, most people would have missed it but I recognised the outside layout. And its nice to see a new spin on things :-)

#15 Loa4ever

Loa4ever

• PipPip
  • 193 posts

Posted 14 May 2016 - 09:01 AM

Gratz on release :).

#16 Melan

Melan

• Campaign Dev
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4393 posts

Posted 14 May 2016 - 10:01 AM

Congrats on the release,Spoonman!

I loved your missions Broken Hammers, Heretics and Pagans, The Lost Crusade.

A-ha! I didn't make that connection, but it all makes sense. I was wondering how someone could come up with a mission like this on a first try. Good to know you are back, then.

I also enjoyed your previous work (particularly Broken Hammers, which is brutal, and rather underrated). 

#17 Cookie

Cookie

• PipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 14 May 2016 - 10:23 AM

Great mission, 5/5.

Spoiler

Edited by Cookie, 14 May 2016 - 10:25 AM.

#18 Bikerdude

Bikerdude

Mod hero

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18894 posts

Posted 14 May 2016 - 10:31 AM

A-ha! I didn't make that connection, but it all makes sense. I was wondering how someone could come up with a mission like this on a first try. Good to know you are back, then.

Now this is what I and I'm sure other like to see, old dromed mappers crossing over and trying out or Dev kit. Whats even more impressive is Spoonman learning how to use a additive editor, when previous he used a subtractive one (dromed) - all in a seemingly very short space of time.

#19 level

level

Spoonman

• PipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 14 May 2016 - 10:36 AM

Spoiler

Spoiler

Now this is what I and I'm sure other like to see, old dromed mappers crossing over and trying out or Dev kit. Whats even more impressive is Spoonman learning how to use a additive editor, when previous he used a subtractive one (dromed) - all in a seemingly very short space of time.

I've been playing with darkradiant for a couple of years now. This is the only mission that I managed to finish, but I have several other failed projects too.

#20 Bikerdude

Bikerdude

Mod hero

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18894 posts

Posted 14 May 2016 - 10:45 AM

Fair enough, but I would still say - as your first public TDM outing, this is very impressive. I look forward to your future projects, and dont be afraid to ask the community for help etc.

#21 Melan

Melan

• Campaign Dev
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4393 posts

Posted 14 May 2016 - 10:56 AM

I've been playing with darkradiant for a couple of years now. This is the only mission that I managed to finish, but I have several other failed projects too.

Don't we all?

• Baal and SeriousToni like this

#22 skacky

skacky

• PipPip
  • 231 posts

Posted 14 May 2016 - 11:11 AM

This is an excellent mission through and through, with a very TDP-like feel mostly thanks to the dark textures, the overall deep darkness in the manor and the brilliant use of sounds to create a very unwelcoming atmosphere. Definitely one of the best TDM missions I've played in a while!
I asked this on TTLG but I will also ask here:

Spoiler

One little bug I found: there is a solid brush with brick textures on the floor in the dining room.

Spoiler

#23 level

level

Spoonman

• PipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 14 May 2016 - 11:25 AM

Spoiler

Spoiler

• skacky likes this

#24 Melan

Melan

• Campaign Dev
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4393 posts

Posted 14 May 2016 - 11:32 AM

Spoiler

Oh my.

Spoiler

• skacky likes this

#25 skacky

skacky

• PipPip
  • 231 posts

Posted 14 May 2016 - 11:35 AM

Spoiler

Edited by skacky, 14 May 2016 - 11:35 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users