Mission Name: Full Moon Fever
Build time: 5 months.
Released: 21/02/2018 (version 2)
Completion time: About an hour.
Difficulty settings: Higher difficulties require you to find more loot and also place restrictions on killing enemies.
Some areas of the mission can get noticeable drops in framerate.
Version 2 (in-game downloader):
Bikerdude made the following improvements in version 2:
- Placed untold amounts of MC everywhere in this map, but there might be a handful of small locations I missed.
- All the stairs in the manor were done wrong, for path finding and textures.
- There was an insane amount of texture, patch and brush misalignment.
- A lot of lights were setup using model/light combo, so lit/unlit was wrong.
- Changed a lot of lights in relevent locations to noshadows for perf.
- Added a shed load of VP: inside, outside, crypts, you name it.
- Added a handful of new patrols, to make it easier in some locations that were impossible to get through and harder where there was no patrol at all.
- Placed a shed load of rock models in the mine and crevasse, and built a new lava river at the bottom of the crevasse.
- Rebuilt all the vent hatch openers and re-textured the entire vent system.
- Did a details pass on both the garden sheds, changed the grass texture.
- Added an LOD control fog light for the entire map to give it some detail and depth.
- Removed "s_omni" from speakers as I came across them, as we found that in Spoonman's second maps this fixed some non-playing sounds.
- Increased ambient light from 9 to 16.
- Removed some incorrectly placed args. On ALL ws.
- I have also updated a few locations by way of a details pass: the outside, the mine, and the crevasse (crypts)
If you have questions regarding version 2, please go here.
(I disapprove of several of the changes introduced in version 2 so I'd appreciate if this link were not to be removed again)
Special thanks to:
Melan and Xarg for beta testing this mission and providing input on how to improve it.
Grayman for his minecart and tracks models from "Somewhere Above the City"
Bikerdude for his map from "Alberic's Curse"
Gigagooga for his custom ambient sounds (thanks to Melan for recommending them to me)
Edited by level, 31 May 2018 - 11:30 AM.