Photo

Fan Mission: Full Moon Fever by Spoonman (14/05/2016)

• Please log in to reply
83 replies to this topic

#51 Oldjim

Oldjim

Uber tester

• PipPipPipPip
  • 2021 posts

Posted 19 May 2016 - 02:22 PM

I also play everything on hard core /hard core and I still managed to achieve a stealth score of 25 with no knockouts

But like you - as I posted earlier - I hate clanking grills

#52 Melan

Melan

Contest Winner, Wordsmith

• Campaign Dev
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4393 posts

Posted 20 May 2016 - 01:37 AM

The grills are tricky the first time you handle them, but with a little practice, you can learn how to handle them without making a racket. I think it is a proper challenge.

The same goes for the ways to access your goals - they are a challenge, but not unreasonably hard by Thief standards.

Come the time of peril, did the ground gape, and did the dead rest unquiet 'gainst us. Our bands of iron and hammers of stone prevailed not, and some did doubt the Builder's plan. But the seals held strong, and the few did triumph, and the doubters were lain into the foundations of the new sanctum. -- Collected letters of the Smith-in-Exile, Civitas Approved

#53 pwl

pwl

• PipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 20 May 2016 - 04:58 PM

Thank you for building this gem of a mission really enjoyed it!! Atmosphere, Story, Game play were all Outstanding!!

pwl

#54 s.urfer

s.urfer

• PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 23 May 2016 - 10:27 AM

I'm a bit stuck.

Spoiler

#55 Melan

Melan

Contest Winner, Wordsmith

• Campaign Dev
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4393 posts

Posted 23 May 2016 - 10:34 AM

s.urfer:

Spoiler

• SeriousToni likes this
Come the time of peril, did the ground gape, and did the dead rest unquiet 'gainst us. Our bands of iron and hammers of stone prevailed not, and some did doubt the Builder's plan. But the seals held strong, and the few did triumph, and the doubters were lain into the foundations of the new sanctum. -- Collected letters of the Smith-in-Exile, Civitas Approved

#56 s.urfer

s.urfer

• PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 23 May 2016 - 12:00 PM

Great, thanks!

Spoiler

#57 SirGen

SirGen

• PipPip
  • 325 posts

Posted 23 May 2016 - 08:30 PM

I absolutely love Full Moon Fever so far! It is my ideal kind of mission. A large manor with multiple entry points, a non-linear layout, and many guards who ensure that stealth is the best option.

My only complaint is that all too often guards cannot/will not go up or down small staircases to chase after me once I'm caught. There is an area in the basement where I knocked out a welder/engineer; guards heard me and came to investigate, but after seeing me, they would not walk up a small staircase to attack me. Instead, they threw stones at me. I had another problem when I picked one of the outer doors to the manor and got caught just after I had entered. I ran outside to escape the guards. Instead of following me down the small staircase, they went back inside the manor.

I have been enjoying this mission so much except for this fairly big game breaking occurrence. 

I have modified a few files to make the game more to my liking. I thought that maybe my modifications had caused these problems. I tested this theory by downloading The Dark Mod and Full Moon Fever all over again and I had the very same problems that I just described playing with the unaltered files.

If you could look into this, I would be very grateful!!

Edited by SirGen, 24 May 2016 - 07:40 AM.

Alberic is my sparring partner.

Whaddya mean, smiley faces aren't punctuation :huh:

#58 GUFF

GUFF

• PipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 31 May 2016 - 04:24 PM

Fairly solid work! Big mansion, good plot twists/map changes partway through, only complaint is similar to others with the grills. Probably would have been better due to the sheer number of them to have them act like in most other missions where they're door-like.

#59 Araneidae

Araneidae

• PipPip
  • 185 posts

Posted 01 June 2016 - 12:26 PM

Superb mission.  Bloody racket making grills though.  Sort of ghosted it (except for the one exception, once I figured out what it was doing), but close to my worst stealth score to date ... 65, with a *lot* of low level alerts -- everybody seems to have super sensitive hearing.

Edited by Araneidae, 01 June 2016 - 12:27 PM.

#60 thief hastasi

thief hastasi

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 05 June 2016 - 11:17 AM

Excellent mission, very large map and great athmosphere. I felt like the first moments of my thief play before 2000's. Thank you! But i need help please :)

Spoiler

#61 thief hastasi

thief hastasi

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 05 June 2016 - 04:00 PM

Excellent mission, very large map and great athmosphere. I felt like the first moments of my thief play before 2000's. Thank you! But i need help please :)

Spoiler

Ok, i figured out completely and easily say that it's a masterpiece fm! It includes many types of tastes from every thief game, thanks again!

#62 AluminumHaste

AluminumHaste

Darkmod Contributor

• Development Role
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5915 posts

Posted 17 June 2016 - 10:03 AM

I think I'm going to start this mission over from scratch with a fresh mindset, I was a bit too harsh with my judgements.

• SeriousToni likes this

I always assumed I'd taste like boot leather.

#63 deadly-hug

deadly-hug

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 July 2016 - 06:38 PM

Really nice mission! At first i thougt this is a little too big and the story is not that deep. But then "something" small changed everything...

Spoiler

#64 raymeld

raymeld

• PipPip
  • 410 posts

Posted 10 July 2016 - 10:18 AM

Lovely mission , beautiful mansion.
I felt the ending was a little too easy ,and with my pathetic skill level that's saying something!But then ,I killed you know what early on which changes the story line seemingly reading previous posts.(Forgive me , I can't seem to do spoilers with this tablet so can't give any more details regarding this.)
Thank you , I really did enjoy this and will try it again later with the (seemingly ) game changing option.

#65 SeriousToni

SeriousToni

Beginner Contest 2012 Winner

• PipPipPipPip
  • 2197 posts

Posted 22 August 2016 - 04:27 PM

Wow that is one of the best missions so far I ever played! Congrats on the giant manor with the helpful map and the many different guards patrolling it - very nice! :)

I only have problems with the sound. The electric lanterns on the ceilings emit a very loud beeping noise - sounds more like an error noise, because it is REALLY loud...

I just need help on:

Spoiler

"Einen giftigen Trank aus Kräutern und Wurzeln für die närrischen Städter wollen wir brauen." - Text aus einem verlassenen Heidenlager

#66 SeriousToni

SeriousToni

• PipPipPipPip
  • 2197 posts

Posted 24 August 2016 - 03:13 PM

Ah never mind, I found it! :)

Wow I must say that this was by far the very best mission I ever played in TDM - my greatest respect for this masterpiece. This was a 11/10!!! I wonder where you learned building a mission which combines story, atmosphere, graphics and gameplay in perfect level design? Just pure awesomeness !!!

EDIT: It would be a 12/10 if there were not those strange sound "beep" errors with the lanterns and in the crypt ;)

Edited by SeriousToni, 24 August 2016 - 03:38 PM.

• Melan likes this
"Einen giftigen Trank aus Kräutern und Wurzeln für die närrischen Städter wollen wir brauen." - Text aus einem verlassenen Heidenlager

#67 chakkman

chakkman

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 707 posts

Posted 24 August 2016 - 04:07 PM

Screens look cool, and the comments sound promising too. Think i found my next-to-play mission. :)

• SeriousToni likes this

#68 The Black Arrow

The Black Arrow

• PipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 25 August 2016 - 01:02 PM

It would be a 12/10 if there were not those strange sound "beep" errors with the lanterns and in the crypt ;)

According to Goldwell himself, that's an issue with EAX. Author's gotta fix the "sound shader" for it.

Posted Image

#69 SeriousToni

SeriousToni

• PipPipPipPip
  • 2197 posts

Posted 25 August 2016 - 01:15 PM

I am not using EAX at all! :huh:

#70 SirGen

SirGen

• PipPip
  • 325 posts

Posted 31 August 2016 - 04:30 PM

Here are some videos showing the behavior described in my last post.

I downloaded The Dark Mod and Full Moon Fever again yesterday, and did not modify any files, to ensure that I hadn't caused the problem myself.

Edited by SirGen, 31 August 2016 - 05:57 PM.

• Anderson likes this

#71 Bikerdude

Bikerdude

Mod hero

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18894 posts

Posted 31 August 2016 - 06:09 PM

That's just bad path-finding, I will hazard a bet that those steps are a single FS, which is why the Ai wont path-find down them.

#72 grayman

grayman

Master Builder, Coder

• Active Developer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11988 posts

Posted 31 August 2016 - 08:55 PM

That's just bad path-finding, I will hazard a bet that those steps are a single FS, which is why the Ai wont path-find down them.

I looked at the spots in question and they are indeed missing the nodraw solid textures on or beneath the func_static steps that allow AI to use them.

#73 SirGen

SirGen

• PipPip
  • 325 posts

Posted 31 August 2016 - 09:16 PM

@Bikerdude and grayman

Thanks for looking into this! I think there are a few other spots with the same problem, but I can't remember where exactly.

Hopefully this is something that Spoonman won't mind fixing.

Edited by SirGen, 31 August 2016 - 10:40 PM.

#74 Baal

Baal

Hero Mapper

• Development Role
  • PipPipPip
  • 1014 posts

Posted 16 September 2016 - 06:23 AM

They're getting better and better!

I enjoyed this mission thoroughly; the dark, dirty and moody look and feel, the architecture (and the big fat rat) etc. Everything is competently done. Another great mission.

• Bikerdude likes this

#75 Sotha

Sotha

Vertical Contest Winner

• Active Developer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5600 posts

Posted 23 October 2016 - 06:20 AM

Played this just now. It took me 1.5hrs, with a stealth score of 51. No knockouts or kills.

Interesting plot & mystery. Well designed mission. Excellent aesthetics. I even got a map, which was certainly necessary, due to the complexity of the manor. Space was very well thought of and I really liked the architecture and the use of verticality, so that stairs shift the level inside a single floor. That breaks the flatness in an interesting way.

My only gripe was the handling of the grates. I was causing a lot of alerts when I tried to move them out of the way.

Other than that, this mission is a masterpiece!

Excellent job! Thanks for making it!

• Bikerdude likes this
Clipper
-The mapper's best friend.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users