Photo

Fan Mission: Full Moon Fever by Spoonman (14/05/2016)

• Please log in to reply
110 replies to this topic

#101 level

level

Spoonman

• PipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 01 January 2019 - 01:56 AM

I have updated this mission to version 1.1.

It includes performance improvements as well as fixes to the bugged npc path-finding and several other minor issues. This version is to replace all other versions; that specifically includes bikerdude's unauthorized update of the mission (see spoilers for a brief explanation).

Spoiler

#102 nbohr1more

nbohr1more

Darkmod PR, Wordsmith

• Development Role
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9341 posts

Posted 01 January 2019 - 02:02 AM

I'll update the mirrors.

Edit: Done
Please visit TDM's IndieDB site and help promote the mod:

http://www.indiedb.c...ds/the-dark-mod

(Yeah, shameless promotion... but traffic is traffic folks...)

#103 Bikerdude

Bikerdude

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 20320 posts

Posted 01 January 2019 - 09:40 AM

Regarding The ravine, several players including myself in the release thread pointed out the various bugs in the map.

And regarding Full moon fever, I distinctly remember asking for permission to update this mission.

This mission was updated a very long time ago, so Im at a loss here.

#104 level

level

Spoonman

• PipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 01 January 2019 - 09:53 AM

One of your pms from July 2017, which I didn't answer.

The Ravine - fixing the remaining bugs?

Evening

It seems that people are still having some issue with this mission, so I would with permission like to go and fix all said issue that have been reported in this thread.

kind regards

b.

During king of the mountain beta (septermber 2017) I received this other pm:

Evening fella

I would like to BT your new map.

And on the subject of bugs, did you get my PM about doing a bug-fix run on your previous map?

b.

From the ravine thread (september 2017):

Spoonman/Level has given me permission to fix the bugs in the mission, so could i be cheeky and ask someone to collate all the bugs please..

You never asked for my permission to update full moon fever. You mixed up the missions. I can understand that being only a misunderstanding, but at no point did you ever imply that what you wanted to do with the mission was anything other than bugfixing.

Another pm (march 2018) that confirms the confusion:

Morning chap

After the work I did on Full moon Fever I eventually discovered what the cause of the speakers with the test tone, you had specified a different sound shader but then tried to remove the shader by changing the name to a " - ". The engine then didnt know what to do with them so played the test tone.

So on the subject of fixing maps, do you mind if I do a bug fix run on The Ravine..?

b.

From your most recent pm:

we spoke about at the time I said what needed to be done and you were happy with that.

This never happened.

Edited by level, 01 January 2019 - 10:48 AM.

#105 Bikerdude

Bikerdude

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 20320 posts

Posted 01 January 2019 - 10:53 AM

I don't have a copy of the PM thread/s anymore, but I genuinely could have sworn I had asked for and got permission. So assuming it means anything to anyone at this point, I genuinely am sorry.

I appreciate this is inflammatory at this point, but the update was tested over a 5 month period - why didn't you say anything back then..?

#106 level

level

Spoonman

• PipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 01 January 2019 - 10:59 AM

I was burned out after releasing my last mission, and only came back after 2.06 was released.

#107 Springheel

Springheel

Creative Director (retired)

• Admin
  • 37632 posts

Posted 19 January 2019 - 01:52 PM

I'm late to the party, but just played this with the current 2.07beta.

This ranks up there as one of my favourite FMs, with one small exception.

Spoiler

TDM Missions:   A Score to Settle   *   A Reputation to Uphold   *   A New Job   *    A Matter of Hours

Video Series:   Springheel's Modules   *   Speedbuild Challenge   *   New Mappers Workshop  *   Building Traps

#108 Springheel

Springheel

• Admin
  • 37632 posts

Posted 20 January 2019 - 11:23 AM

Can anyone fill me in about the rat?  I finished the mission but didn't find out any information about it.

TDM Missions:   A Score to Settle   *   A Reputation to Uphold   *   A New Job   *    A Matter of Hours

Video Series:   Springheel's Modules   *   Speedbuild Challenge   *   New Mappers Workshop  *   Building Traps

#109 level

level

Spoonman

• PipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 20 January 2019 - 12:15 PM

Thank you for you comments! I'm usually not a big fan of loot goals myself, but I think it made sense within the context of the mission and that's why I didn't make it optional. I agree it might have been too high, though. About the rat, If I remember correctly there is a readable on the ground floor (servants' quarter I think) telling you about it. It was basically a reference to the sumatran rat monkey from a movie called braindead.

#110 Springheel

Springheel

• Admin
  • 37632 posts

Posted 20 January 2019 - 01:03 PM

Spoiler

#111 level

level

Spoonman

• PipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 20 January 2019 - 01:54 PM

Spoiler

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users