Thief love letters?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Skaruts

Skaruts

• PipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 18 May 2016 - 10:17 AM

Hey everyone. It's been quite a while since last time I was around here... :)

I was wondering, since we're all likely fans of the Thief series here, if anyone knows/remembers if there were any love letters in any of the thief series. If so, I would like to read them, and mayhap quote them to a certain girl in my life, if I find them useful. :)

At the very least I'm looking for inspiration for medieval fantasy sonnets.

I think I remember there being correspondence between lovers, but my memory is not of love letters but of intrigue... I was wondering if there are any in TDM missions as well.

Problem is that googling "thief [tdp/tma/tds/series] love letters", doesn't yield useful results...

Wouldst thou helpest me, gratefulness shall befall upon me.

:)

Edited by Skaruts, 18 May 2016 - 10:23 AM.

• Alfreddak likes this

#2 Anderson

Anderson

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 788 posts

Posted 18 May 2016 - 12:09 PM

You are better off looking for Lord Byron, Shakespeare, Edgar Allan Poe on the topic.

Most text in Thief/TDM is inspired by these authors or their contemporaries. 

Concerning Sonnets - the best ones would be the ones coming from Spain. Shakespeare had some classics too if I'm not mistaken.

"I really perceive that vanity about which most men merely prate — the vanity of the human or temporal life. I live continually in a reverie of the future. I have no faith in human perfectibility. I think that human exertion will have no appreciable effect upon humanity. Man is now only more active — not more happy — nor more wise, than he was 6000 years ago. The result will never vary — and to suppose that it will, is to suppose that the foregone man has lived in vain — that the foregone time is but the rudiment of the future — that the myriads who have perished have not been upon equal footing with ourselves — nor are we with our posterity. I cannot agree to lose sight of man the individual, in man the mass."...

- 2 July 1844 letter to James Russell Lowell from Edgar Allan Poe.

#3 NeonsStyle

NeonsStyle

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1249 posts

Posted 26 June 2016 - 02:48 AM

Why not just write your own? It's not that hard.

I have a small YouTube channel making videos on a variety of games. Come and have look here:

https://www.youtube.com/c/NeonsStyleHD

#4 NeonsStyle

NeonsStyle

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1249 posts

Posted 02 July 2016 - 03:06 AM

Hey everyone. It's been quite a while since last time I was around here... :)

I was wondering, since we're all likely fans of the Thief series here, if anyone knows/remembers if there were any love letters in any of the thief series. If so, I would like to read them, and mayhap quote them to a certain girl in my life, if I find them useful. :)

At the very least I'm looking for inspiration for medieval fantasy sonnets.

I think I remember there being correspondence between lovers, but my memory is not of love letters but of intrigue... I was wondering if there are any in TDM missions as well.

Problem is that googling "thief [tdp/tma/tds/series] love letters", doesn't yield useful results...

Wouldst thou helpest me, gratefulness shall befall upon me.

:)

To be honest, it would mean more to your gf if you wrote it. To write something like that, you just put yourself in their position n imagine what they would like to hear. Soppy doesn't work though. lol 

I have a small YouTube channel making videos on a variety of games. Come and have look here:

https://www.youtube.com/c/NeonsStyleHD

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users