NeonsStyle (Venus) Work In Progress

378 replies to this topic

#376 NeonsStyle

NeonsStyle

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 860 posts

Posted 17 March 2017 - 11:21 AM

You don't need an animation to make a rope swing. Just make a func_rotate and bind the rope to it.

Ahh that's great idea thanks Springheel

#377 NeonsStyle

NeonsStyle

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 860 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 11:18 AM

I have a problem with a sleeping guard. He just will not sleep in his bed. I have 3 other AI

sleeping no problem with the same technique (monster clip step + path_sleep), but he just

will not sleep in his own bed, but rather almost in another bed. 

Here's two images showing the problem. He's supposed to sleep in the bed on the right. At

first I thought it must be a clipping issue (monster clip), but I removed them all and still had

the problem. I've tried everything to get it to work. It used to work, but then one day he 

just started doing this for no reason. Here's the images:

neons1.jpg neons2.jpg

If you've a clue, let me know

Thanks

Neon

Edited by Bikerdude, 20 March 2017 - 02:31 PM.
corrected the image issue by attaching them to the post.

#378 Springheel

Springheel

Creative Director (retired)

• Admin
  • 35803 posts

Posted 22 March 2017 - 10:37 AM

There are two sleeping animations, one for beds on the left and one for beds on the right.  I forget the syntax for switching from one to the other but someone will know.

edit:  here:

If you want the AI to start from the left side of the bed (as you look towards the head of the bed) then add:

lay_down_left 0 (note this goes on the AI if the AI is using sleeping 1 BUT on the path_sleep if you are using a path_sleep)

Posted Image

#379 NeonsStyle

NeonsStyle

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 860 posts

Posted 22 March 2017 - 11:47 PM

There are two sleeping animations, one for beds on the left and one for beds on the right.  I forget the syntax for switching from one to the other but someone will know.

edit:  here:

If you want the AI to start from the left side of the bed (as you look towards the head of the bed) then add:

lay_down_left 0 (note this goes on the AI if the AI is using sleeping 1 BUT on the path_sleep if you are using a path_sleep)

Thanks Springheel. That sorted the position.

Edited by NeonsStyle, Yesterday, 04:11 AM.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users