The Dark Mod Forums

Tinting issue?

Lex

Hey guys.

I've come across... well not a bug actually, but I haven't noticed this before. Sometimes when I go from one area to another the gamma of the image tints and changes. In some cases (as in attached video) it's really noticeable and I wouldn't say that the effect is pretty.

So the question is - is it an intended feature of the Dark Mod or the FM or I may have something wrong with my videocard\game settings?

P.S. Before making the video I've disabled post-processing and put ambient rendering to simple - the effect persists, as you can see. Also my Nvidia Control Panel is set not to interfere in any way with the game settings - no additional stuff, like some people like to do.

How we speak depends on how we keep silent.

• Like 1

Please visit TDM's IndieDB site and help promote the mod:

http://www.indiedb.com/mods/the-dark-mod

(Yeah, shameless promotion... but traffic is traffic folks...)

Thank you, nbohr1more for such a fast answer! I was beginning to be afraid that I have something wrong.

Indeed, when ambient rendering is set to simple the ambient light transitions don't fade, they transition in very had steps, making it super obvious. Pretty much all the transitions in the FM were set to 1 second. I had a reason for it, but I can't remember it now so it must not have been very good, so that's squarely on me.

My FMs: The King of Diamonds (2016) | Visit my Mapbook thread sometimes! | Read my tutorial on Image-Based Lighting Workflows for TDM!

I usually play on maximum video settings. But it was noticeable with enhanced ambient rendering as well. I thought that lowering settings would make it better, but it turned out to be vice-versa.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recent Status Updates

• Ansome

Finally got my PC back from the shop after my SSD got corrupted a week ago and damaged my motherboard. Scary stuff, but thank goodness it happened right after two months of FM development instead of wiping all my work before I could release it. New SSD, repaired Motherboard and BIOS, and we're ready to start working on my second FM with some added version control in the cloud just to be safe!
      · 0 replies
    • Petike the Taffer  »  DeTeEff

I've updated the articles for your FMs and your author category at the wiki. Your newer nickname (DeTeEff) now comes first, and the one in parentheses is your older nickname (Fieldmedic). Just to avoid confusing people who played your FMs years ago and remember your older nickname. I've added a wiki article for your latest FM, Who Watches the Watcher?, as part of my current updating efforts. Unless I overlooked something, you have five different FMs so far.
      · 0 replies
    • Petike the Taffer

I've finally managed to log in to The Dark Mod Wiki. I'm back in the saddle and before the holidays start in full, I'll be adding a few new FM articles and doing other updates. Written in Stone is already done.
      · 4 replies
    • nbohr1more

TDM 15th Anniversary Contest is now active! Please declare your participation: https://forums.thedarkmod.com/index.php?/topic/22413-the-dark-mod-15th-anniversary-contest-entry-thread/

· 0 replies
    • JackFarmer

@TheUnbeholden
      You cannot receive PMs. Could you please be so kind and check your mailbox if it is full (or maybe you switched off the function)?
      · 1 reply