What Does EAX Do?
EAX provides a more believable sound and adds reverb similar to what was beloved in Thief 1 and 2. I compiled a video below which is a comparison between regular TDM and EAX enabled TDM. It shows the same mission (Accountant 2) and the same scenes, one with and one without EAX, the difference is quite clear.
Recently I was trying to enable EAX for Thief: Deadly Shadows and stumbled upon this solution on TTLG, I thought I would test it on the dark mod and low and behold it does work. So what's the big deal about all of this then? well previously you had to have a soundblaster card that supported EAX 4.0, with the solution below you are able to enable EAX on The Dark Mod with any soundcard.
Download this file: http://www54.zippysh...BNIVo/file.html
1. Install "EAX4Unified_redist_4001"
2. Install "Creative_alchemy_1.45.03"
3. Put "CreativeALchemy14503RestrictionRemover-MST.exe" in the installation folder of Creative Alchemy (default location: C:\Program Files\Creative\ALchemy).
4. Run "CreativeALchemy14503RestrictionRemover-MST.exe" as administrator and install
5. Reboot PC
6. Go to Creative ALchemy folder and open "ALchemy.exe"
7. Click Add
8. Put "The Dark Mod" as the Game Title and tick the radiobox "Use Game Path" and put your Dark Mod base directory in there (for example I put "D:\Games\darkmod")
9. Click Ok
10. Highlight the newly created "The Dark Mod" entry on the left hand side and click the >>> button to move it over to the right hand side ALchemy-enabled games
11. Close Creative ALchemy
12. Open The Dark Mod and go into settings
13. Under the audio tab turn EAX 4.0 HD on by clicking on the text to the right of it. You will be prompted with a restart dialogue
14. Click "Restart game"
15. Now you have EAX enabled and can enjoy The Dark Mod with it!
Edited by Goldwell, 08 August 2016 - 07:25 AM.