The Dark Mod Forums

2016+ Games news

Bikerdude

CD Projekt RED has just release another patch for The Witcher 3.This patch fixes numerous quest bugs, brings a fresh look to Vimme Vivaldi and introduces various gameplay tweaks.

Patch 1.30 Changelog:

Characters

• Vimme Vivaldi is now sporting a fresh look.

Gameplay

• Fixes issue whereby oil descriptions were not removed from swords.
  • Fixes issue whereby it was not possible to obtain certain dye recipes.
  • Fixes issue whereby it was possible to skip the entire second phase of the Eredin fight.
  • Fixes issue whereby a silver sword was needed to craft the Mastercrafted Legendary Griffin Steel Sword.
  • Fixes issue whereby two NPCs from the “Without a Trace” quest were impossible to defeat.
  • The Rabid Rock Trolls near the Dun Tynne crossroads are slightly less rabid on the “Just the Story” difficulty level.
  • Fixes issue that allowed users to switch bolts underwater, resulting in lower damage dealt during said submersion.
  • Corrects the value of the Adrenaline Rush buff during the fight against a group of bandits in the “Capture the Castle” quest.
  • Introduces tweaks to the loot randomization system.
  • Dealing a killing blow now generates the correct amount of Adrenaline.
  • Fixes issue whereby Roach’s tail could vanish.
  • For those affected by this issue, swapping saddles, saving the game and then loading that save is recommended.
  • Adjusts the maximum level for items, quests and NPCs to address level requirement discrepancies if player started NG+ on a very high level. Item and quest maximum level is now 100. NPCs maximum level is 105.
  • Corrects the statistics of the Hen Gaidth and Tesham Mutna sets in New Game + mode.
  • Fixes issue whereby the Toussaint Knight’s Steel Sword Diagram was not added to the crafting page after looting it.
  • Fixes issue whereby the Second Life mutation could, under certain circumstances, grant Geralt infinite health regeneration.
  • Fixes issue whereby the Wicked Witch in the “Beyond Hill and Dale…” quest could occasionally prove invincible.
  • Fixes issue whereby the Euphoria buff was not applied correctly following the imbibing of a decoction.

GUI

• Fixes issue whereby it was possible to place a skill in a mutation slot of a different color.
  • Fixes Steam controller issues.
  • Adds PlayStation controller prompt icons.
  • Fixes issue whereby craftable items in New Game + mode could have incorrect level requirements.
  • Fixes issues affecting the dismantling of mutagens in bulk in the alchemy lab.

Quests

• Fixes issue whereby it was not possible to interact with loot chests in the “Scavenger Hunt: Wolf School Gear” quest.
  • Fixes issue whereby Geralt’s entry would disappear from the Glossary once he decided to join the tourney under his true name.
  • Fixes issue whereby two bandits outside the Nowhere Inn could prove impossible to kill during the “Following the Thread” quest.
  • Fixes issue whereby players could occasionally become blocked during the “Contract: Bovine Blues” quest due to a dracolizard’s overly friendly attitude.
  • Fixes issue whereby Reginald’s statue could not be placed in Corvo Bianco’s front yard.
  • Fixes issue whereby it was not possible to kill Morkvarg in New Game + mode during the “In Wolf’s Clothing quest”.
  • Fixes issue whereby it was occasionally not possible to use the Alchemy Table at Corvo Bianco.
  • Fixes issue whereby the progression of the “Equine Phantoms” quest could occasionally be blocked.
  • Fixes issue whereby the objective to wear attire befitting the occasion could be displayed indefinitely after the player fulfilled it in the “The Man from Cintra” quest.
  • Fixes issue whereby the quest “Contract: Bovine Blues” could not be completed if the “Big Feet to Fill” point of interest had not been completed.
  • Fixes issue whereby Vivienne could despawn in the “The Warble of a Smitten Knight” quest.
  • Fixes issue whereby the progression of the “Feet Cold As Ice” quest could occasionally be blocked.
  • Fixes issue whereby it was possible to inadvertently reactivate the objective of the “Feet Cold As Ice” quest.
  • Fixes additional instances of an issue whereby the borders meant to exist only during the “Night of Long Fangs” quest would sometimes become enabled outside the duration of the quest, preventing users from exploring Toussaint.
  • Hughes is now spawned correctly following the “One more day” choice in the “Goodness, Gracious, Great Balls of Granite!” quest.
  • It is no longer possible to get trapped inside The Pheasantry during the progression of the “Gwent: Never Fear, Skellige’s Here” quest.
  • Fixes issue whereby the progression of the “Big Feet to Fill” quest could occasionally be blocked.
  • Fixes issue whereby the statues in the “Extreme Cosplay” quest occasionally would not spawn.
  • Fixes issue whereby the bruxa in the “The Beast of Toussaint” quest would display pacifist tendencies, whereas the progression of the story needed her to turn hostile.
  • Fixes issue whereby it was not possible to interact with the footsteps during the crime scene investigation in the “The Beast of Toussaint” quest.
  • Fixes issue whereby it could be impossible to talk to the quest giver in the quest titled “Knight for Hire.”

It's ok I guess but a little of a letdown, not having the traditional Enhanced Edition.

Very enthusiastic people still justify that, as in that the expansions are enough. But those were not free and the DLC content was very minor.

It's a great game sure, but the endings definately have that roughness and a feel of being rushed, while all the parts of the product when coming together - in my eyes can't compete with things like Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines on the level of writing, story, design or even gameplay decisions. Witcher 3 is supposed to be this amazing RPG of the year - but it's not their merit. It's the failure of others to build upon healthy practices of other properly dignified Role Playing experiences.

"I really perceive that vanity about which most men merely prate — the vanity of the human or temporal life. I live continually in a reverie of the future. I have no faith in human perfectibility. I think that human exertion will have no appreciable effect upon humanity. Man is now only more active — not more happy — nor more wise, than he was 6000 years ago. The result will never vary — and to suppose that it will, is to suppose that the foregone man has lived in vain — that the foregone time is but the rudiment of the future — that the myriads who have perished have not been upon equal footing with ourselves — nor are we with our posterity. I cannot agree to lose sight of man the individual, in man the mass."...

- 2 July 1844 letter to James Russell Lowell from Edgar Allan Poe.

badge?user=andarson

nVidia to make a mod for Fallout4, to showcase some features of the new 1000 cards, but Im guessing it should be playable on other systems -

http://www.dsogaming.com/news/nvidia-is-working-on-a-mod-for-fallout-4-releases-first-gameplay-trailer/#more-91100

New SciFi Stealth game -

http://www.dsogaming.com/news/echo-is-an-interesting-sci-fi-stealth-action-adventure-game-gets-first-screenshots-gameplay-trailer/

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

The first Styx was a great game, so I guess the successor will be quiet entertaining, too.

This ECHO game looks very promising gameplay-wise. Let's see how that turns out.

EDIT: Just read that the people working on ECHO are ex-IO Interactive members, who worked on Hitman for example. It shall come spring 2017.

FM's: Builder Roads, Old Habits, Old Habits Rebuild

Mapping and Scripting: Apples and Peaches

Sculptris Models and Tutorials: Obsttortes Models

My wiki articles: Obstipedia

Texture Blending in DR: DR ASE Blend Exporter

• 4 weeks later...

I couldn't get into Styx. The ai seemed so robotic that I felt like I was playing a platform game rather than avoiding actual opponents.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided – Pre-order DLCs are now available for free to all owners

DXMD_2016_05_13_E32016_ONLINE_34_1464360

Now here is a nice surprise. Similarly to a lot of publishers, Square Enix had announced some exclusive pre-order DLC packs for Deus Ex: Mankind Divided. Contrary to most of them, however, Square Enix has just made available for free to all owners of Deus Ex: Mankind Divided all these pre-order DLCs.

As such, PC gamers will get for free the Desperate Measures extra in-game Mission, a compilation of skins for Adam’s armor and trench coat, a re-skinned pistol and combat rifle, and various consumables.

PC gamers can also download three digital books from here. These three digital books are: 1) Deus Ex: Hard Line, written by James Swallow, which stars Alex Vega, 2) mini comic The Dawning Darkness and 3) a mini artbook.

Shame there are still $$ of dlc-content cut from the original game, maybe wait for the GOTY version? This is what Squre enix gets for trying to cash grab the player base with their short-sighted pre-order B$...

http://www.dsogaming.com/news/deus-ex-mankind-divided-pre-order-dlcs-are-now-available-for-free/#more-94533

This is sad. The best protest is boycotting the game with this.

Or at least boycott the DLC's even if it's really good content, but delivered in a shameful overpriced, lousy manner. Most important vote would be the money vote. I don't know what's wrong with Square Enix lately.

Compare this to the rebranded, fresh Austrian THQ Nordic (reborn and ready to go) making free updates for old games such as Titan Quest, Red Faction Guerrilla, Darksiders.

Edited by Anderson

"I really perceive that vanity about which most men merely prate — the vanity of the human or temporal life. I live continually in a reverie of the future. I have no faith in human perfectibility. I think that human exertion will have no appreciable effect upon humanity. Man is now only more active — not more happy — nor more wise, than he was 6000 years ago. The result will never vary — and to suppose that it will, is to suppose that the foregone man has lived in vain — that the foregone time is but the rudiment of the future — that the myriads who have perished have not been upon equal footing with ourselves — nor are we with our posterity. I cannot agree to lose sight of man the individual, in man the mass."...

badge?user=andarson

Or at least boycott the DLC's even if it's really good content, but delivered in a shameful overpriced, lousy manner. Most important vote would be the money vote. I don't know what's wrong with Square Enix lately.

Compare this to the rebranded, fresh Austrian THQ Nordic (reborn and ready to go) making free updates for old games such as Titan Quest, Red Faction Guerrilla, Darksiders.

Yes.

The new strategy is to level down the price of the "core" game (after some months) and mantain the DLC price high for ages.

The problem is that sometimes the "core" game get mutilated/butchered by that strategy.....(see Mankind Divided).

Edited by lowenz

Task is not so much to see what no one has yet seen but to think what nobody has yet thought about that which everybody see. - E.S.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

They lost their bearings after Mass Effect 2's cheap cliffhanger and the inability to compete with Witcher probably. Without saying that Mass Effect 1 is a pretty self sufficient story without the need for sequels.

It's like The Godfather 1 and 2 that didn't really need that 3'rd one to end the trilogy. Some franchises just need to end. Out of respect for the consumer first of all.

• Like 2

badge?user=andarson

I'd say out of respect for themselves, but that never happens with video games :)

I liked ME2 for the art direction and pace, but the story was basically "You must gather your party before venturing forth." Wow, Hero's Journey looks super inventive from down here.

If you don't mind spoiling first hour of play a bit, you might want to see this one below. Still feels kind of generic. They definitely went back to "light" SF with this one. Humans look like millennials or hipster baristas dressed in some totally different clothes. Basically the same thing happened in Horizon ZD. Also, there's something very wrong with the faces. Is it uncanny valley yet? Characters seem to have some kind of twitches or nervous reactions that look really odd. It's awesome that your dad is voiced by Clancy Brown, but he's got super greasy complexion and raises his eyebrows almost randomly while talking.

Edited by Judith
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

badge?user=andarson