• Please log in to reply
158 replies to this topic

#151 Bikerdude

Bikerdude

Mod hero

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 20175 posts

Posted 20 September 2018 - 11:58 AM

It's probably not what you expected though: http://www.kotaku.co...hy-its-exciting

hmm yer, i never played gwent at all in TW3.

#152 chakkman

chakkman

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1013 posts

Posted 20 September 2018 - 02:41 PM

hmm yer, i never played gwent at all in TW3.

Good call. It sucks. :D

#153 Destined

Destined

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1564 posts

Posted 20 September 2018 - 04:10 PM

Gwent was a nice pastime in Witcher, not the worst card game, but not that spectacular either. Making it the main mechanic in a game is, in my opion, not very interesting. Witcher always was (at least in part) about the fights against monsters and replacing that with a card game is plain boring.

Slightly off topic for this thread as it is not computer game related, but connected to the Witcher: If any of you are into pen & paper RPGs, R. Talsoiran Games has released a core rule book set in the Witcher world. I have only played a couple of sessions, but so far I can say that even though it has its flaws, it is a nice system that captures the essence of the Witcher quite nicely.

#154 Abusimplea

Abusimplea

• PipPip
  • 466 posts

Posted 20 September 2018 - 04:57 PM

It's probably not what you expected though: http://www.kotaku.co...hy-its-exciting

Taking Gwent and making it a full game (an RPG even?!) looks a bit crazy to me. But Gwent was a fresh take on the trading card genre and has accumulated quite a fan base. So it could be enough a success to give them the time they need to finish Cyberpunk 2077...

#155 Bikerdude

Bikerdude

Mod hero

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 20175 posts

Posted 23 September 2018 - 04:44 AM

So shadow of the tomb raider is out, but with side quests total play time is only 20hrs. As the games is £45 on Steam or as low as £33 from other sources, is this too little play time for that amount of money?

Edited by Bikerdude, 23 September 2018 - 04:45 AM.

#156 Destined

Destined

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1564 posts

Posted 23 September 2018 - 11:16 AM

Personally, I prefer 20 h of good gameplay over 40-100 h mediocre gameplay. I usually compare the entertainment per time factor to cinema, i.e. up to roughly 10€/h is fine as long as I am well entertained. With this game (which I expect to be quite cinematic) you are at about 2£/h, so it is fine. I will still wait until I get it in a sale, but this is due to the fact that I have lots of games right now and am not that eager to play a game right away. The last game I was really hyped for was thief 4 and we all know how this ended... Ever since I am fine with buying games later (usually at 30-50% off)

#157 stumpy

stumpy

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1843 posts

Posted 23 September 2018 - 06:52 PM

that 20 hours long for shadow of the tomb raider is probably people rushing through to be the first to finish, if you take your time and look at all detail it be more like 35 - 40 hours.

#158 Bikerdude

Bikerdude

Mod hero

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 20175 posts

Posted 28 September 2018 - 04:45 PM

The Sinking City devs to ship dev kit with the game!

The-Sinking-City-10-672x372.jpg

https://www.dsogamin...-in-just-a-day/

Edited by Bikerdude, 28 September 2018 - 04:45 PM.

• Aosys likes this

#159 lowenz

lowenz

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1876 posts

Posted 28 September 2018 - 05:05 PM

This is awesome!

Task is not so much to see what no one has yet seen but to think what nobody has yet thought about that which everybody see. - E.S.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users