The fisheries have had a bad year. Unemployed roam the streets and crowd the pubs. The merchants sleep with one eye open and keep a tight grip on their property amid the unrest. A thief, even a skilled thief like myself, has a hard time finding good, worthwhile work.
I began looking for more... unusual tasks. I set my eyes on Thornton Hall, remote and cut off from the outside world. These outlying manors are difficult to find, let alone reach, but they're bound to hold precious trinkets and family heirlooms untouched by anyone. Not few are said to be haunted by one dreadful apparition or another. But it's common for the lords themselves to spread these rumours, to keep unwanted visitors away.
This mission is in two parts. Once youre done with the first, on to the next.
- Dropbox- river3
- In-game downloader
Changelog, v3, December 14th, 2016:
Changelog, v2.5, November 23rd, 2016:
Changelog, v2, October 27th, 2016:
In response to a question about the relation of this mission to One Step Too Far:
This mission started its life as a standalone mission for a Halloween contest, so it takes place in a different setting and begins with its own story. There is, however, a strong link thatll become apparent during the mission. From a mapping perspective it contains areas and ideas that I had originally intended for Of Brambles and Thorns, which is the bonafide sequel, but realised that they wouldn't have space there anymore. So this could be described as being neither sequel nor prequel, but certainly a part of the series that began with One Step Too Far.
- Inspiration, Story: The Terrible Old Man by H.P. Lovecraft, a short story which leaves much to the imagination.
- Inspiration, Setting: Right Up There in the Mountains by Troutpack, a fan mission for Thief 2 which left its mark.
- Betatesters Round 1: Abusimplea, ankai, Ryan101, Oldjim, bikerdude
- Betatesters Round 2: nbohr1more, bikerdude, crowbars82, jaxa, dunedain19
- Custom voice work: AndrosTheOxen, bikerdude, Goldwell
- Custom models: Atheran, epifire, Dragofer
- Custom paintings: Airship Ballet
- Custom AI path setup: Sotha
- Custom ambient tracks: gigagooga, spady, bottle_rocket_fx, dobroide, Dragofer, augustsandberg, bosk1, 01sound
- Custom sound effects: kyyrma, cgeffex, speedenza, cabro, joelaudio, robinhood76, klankbeeld, benjaminharveydesign, vate
- Bikerdude for not allowing me to stray from the highest standards and perfing troublesome spots
- John Atkinson Grimshaw, Ivan Aivazovsyk and William Bradford for paintings used in the briefings and loading screens
Edited by Dragofer, 15 December 2016 - 07:24 AM.
Updated download links