So high defintion recreations of game assets are generally risky?
If we would release a map for demonstration purposes, that uses textures from such packs, the worst that could happen would be, that we would have to take the download down, right?
They could try to threaten worse, but practically yes, take it down and we'd have to replace the offending textures. If some slipped into a future FM that might not get found, but a demo map and a plugin pk4 would have a higher profile, so probably best to keep them clean.
While we're doing this, would you guys like to brainstorm gameplay features? This is thinking longterm, a few features at a time. We don't have to do it all right away.
- I think guns are in. New animation is the important thing here.
- I think we can keep our lock picking for doors with updated tools. (Doors can have keycards or combo locks.) Shall we have a hacking feature that's an analog to TDM's lockpicking too? My idea is it happens when you frob a console with a multitool and there's electric feed buzzing in a pattern. Actually, I think frobbing a computer opens the screen like a readable. It's a center overlay while real time keeps going, and a cursor arrow appears to click buttons and possibly type a password, which hacking bypasses. I think you'd hack by using the hacking tool while the screen is up.
- Speaking of readables, they can be like pads laying around, and come up like TDM readables with digital art, DX like.
- EMP arrows and mines for electric lights, but maybe some lights have a visible EMP shield.
- Cameras with visual and audio state signals, turrent guns, bots.