voice work voice donate

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 AndrosTheOxen

AndrosTheOxen

• PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 17 December 2016 - 06:50 PM

Having enjoyed giving voice to six or so DM missions, I want to branch out...can anyone tell me if there are other games using fan missions where I might apply my voice?  I want to move into doing voice work professionally one day, but for now am thrilled to use my talents as donated work for the Dark Mod and others.

Visit my website for samples of my work on my demo page, and for a short reel of DM voices I have done, and please...if you have contacts with Skyrim or other modders, contact me.

www.everybodyandme.com

• jaxa, nbohr1more, Goldwell and 1 other like this

#2 Dragofer

Dragofer

Modeler

• PipPip
  • 426 posts

Posted 17 December 2016 - 07:12 PM

There's the TTLG community for the original Thief games by which The Dark Mod was inspired. There's always a high level of activity making high-quality fan missions over there. Their engine is older than ours... but damn.

Edit: saw now that you already know of Skyrim and co. I don't have contacts with modders, but I'd look at the Skyrim Interesting NPCs mod. Their purpose is to create many uniquely voiced NPCs with large amounts of dialogue.

One place to look would be moddb.com (mod database), where you can find countless fan-driven communities creating content for their games. A good place to start would be the Top 100 list.

You probably know this already, but there are voice acting forums where one can go if one wants to make or obtain voice samples.

In all events, good luck on your future projects. The voicing you've done here so far has been very well received.

Edited by Dragofer, 18 December 2016 - 10:14 AM.

• Bikerdude and Goldwell like this

#3 nbohr1more

nbohr1more

Darkmod PR, Wordsmith

• Development Role
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7289 posts

Posted 18 December 2016 - 10:18 AM

Don't forget about Amnesia. That game has some excellent fan missions and I'll guarantee that authors are looking for more voice work.

(TDM is better though cause we've got Thieving stuff... :P :) ).

• AndrosTheOxen likes this
Please visit TDM's IndieDB site and help promote the mod:

http://www.indiedb.c...ds/the-dark-mod

(Yeah, shameless promotion... but traffic is traffic folks...)

#4 Spooks

Spooks

• PipPip
  • 298 posts

Posted 18 December 2016 - 02:40 PM

I do have contacts on the Skyrim/Fallout Nexus and I'll keep you in mind should something come up.  ^_^

My FMs: The King of Diamonds (2016)

Visit my Mapbook thread sometimes!

#5 AndrosTheOxen

AndrosTheOxen

• PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 11 February 2017 - 11:26 PM

Thanks!  Always happy to have the chance to do voices...good training for Oneday.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: voice work, voice, donate

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users