DR Unhandled Exception

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Epifire

Epifire

• PipPip
  • 266 posts

Posted 19 December 2016 - 12:11 AM

So out of nowhere it seems I keep getting this error when I try to launch DR...

Screen%20Shot%2012-18-16%20at%2010.33%20

Anything I press on this screen just leaves it to remain frozen on the loading bar or ends it. Didn't do anything different as far as I'm aware of. I deleted my install of DR and ran the installer for the newest version and still have the same problem. Any guesses as to what could be causing this?

Needing dem environment models?

Speak to the EPI!

Or rummage my online mesh repository instead...  https://www.mediafire.com/folder/7q1r8him1y63d/TDM%20Repository

#2 Dragofer

Dragofer

Modeler

• PipPip
  • 426 posts

Posted 19 December 2016 - 03:37 AM

This happens for me when the .xml files which contain preferences get corrupted. They can be found in [your user account name]/AppData/Roaming/DarkRadiant. Your system settings must be set to show hidden folders. You can delete them so that new ones are created when you next start DR.

It'd be worth considering making a backup of them when you've configured your DR preferences (close down DR for the changes to get saved). Sending the corrupted files to greebo to have a look at would also be good.

#3 greebo

greebo

Heroic Coder

• Root
  • 15910 posts

Posted 19 December 2016 - 04:23 AM

Can you send me a copy of those .xml files? I'd like to see what's causing this behaviour.

#4 Epifire

Epifire

• PipPip
  • 266 posts

Posted 19 December 2016 - 04:20 PM

Can you send me a copy of those .xml files? I'd like to see what's causing this behaviour.

Dragofer had told me about clearing the Appdata folder via Discord before there were any replies today, so I currently don't have the corrupted files anymore.  :wacko:

To be sure I will be sending any such corrupted files your way in the future should this start happening again.

• Bikerdude likes this

Needing dem environment models?

Speak to the EPI!

Or rummage my online mesh repository instead...  https://www.mediafire.com/folder/7q1r8him1y63d/TDM%20Repository

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users