14 replies to this topic

#1 wildmage

wildmage

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 09 January 2017 - 04:34 AM

POPULAR

Hello dear stealth enthusiasts,

I am an independent game developer, fan of Thief and Deus Ex.
I founded Wild Mage Games 2 years ago, and since then I have been working on a first-person adventure game for PC.

My game is not a pure stealth game, but since its stealth gameplay is directly inspired by Thief the 1st, I thought some of you may be interested.

The game is still in development, and should be released at the end of 2017.

I will really be pleased to have your feedbacks . :-)

Overview

Almost Epic Adventures : The Goblin's Week is a first person adventure-exploration game where you play a goblin minion working for an evil dungeon master within a satirical fantasy world.

The game is now on Steam Greenlight.
You can support me by voting for it here:

Greenlight_White-300x152.png

Story

You are a goblin who has just been hired for a week as a minion in a dungeon, for a salary of a thousand gold coins. You will have to perform various missions for the Master, such as sweeping the floor, repairing traps, looting dead adventurers, without dying. It is especially forbidden to snoop into the dungeon and to investigate its terrible secrets.

Features

- Play a Goblin working for an evil mage in an epic* adventure like you never lived before, and discover the joys of dungeon maintenance.  (*almost)
- Discover an original satirical dark fantasy world filled with humorous dialogues, characters, and objects.
- Explore a dangerous dungeon full of hidden paths, secret rooms, and mysteries.
- Investigate what is happening in the dungeon. Sneak in forbidden places, avoid deadly traps, read confidential journals, and discover terrible secrets.
- The simulation-based mechanics and the complex and open level design offers multiple paths and solutions.
- The game mechanics are inspired from Amnesia - The Dark Descent (for the exploration gameplay), Thief (for the stealth gameplay) and Deus Ex (for the systemic gameplay).

Images

2016-12-15_15h13_28-600x338.png
2016-12-01_18h24_58-600x338.png
2016-12-06_10h58_58-600x338.png
2016-12-09_14h33_41-600x338.png
2016-12-07_10h19_22-600x338.png
2016-12-11_11h00_03-600x338.png

More Informations

The game is made for PC (Linux, Windows).

For more informations, I invite you to look at the presentation page, which is much more detailed :
https://www.wildmagegames.com/goblin/

Follow me

If you are interested in this project, I strongly encourage you to subscribe to the Newsletter, and/or to follow me on Diaspora *, Facebook, or Twitter.
https://www.wildmagegames.com/
https://framasphere....u/wildmagegames
http://www.twitter.com/WildMageGames
http://www.facebook....628463167383595

• Bikerdude, Judith, jaxa and 5 others like this

#2 SeriousToni

SeriousToni

Beginner Contest 2012 Winner

• PipPipPipPip
  • 2196 posts

Posted 09 January 2017 - 06:28 AM

Haha I like the humour in this video :D

To me it looks promising, maybe there will be a demo some day for us Thief fans to test out the game (I cannot give much feedback just based on the trailer).

And I LOVE the way you can sneakily open doors! :wub:

"Einen giftigen Trank aus Kräutern und Wurzeln für die närrischen Städter wollen wir brauen." - Text aus einem verlassenen Heidenlager

#3 wildmage

wildmage

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 09 January 2017 - 06:43 AM

Thanks for the feedback :)

I need more time before releasing a public demo, but if I do I will post a link here.

For the doors, it is directly inspired by Amnesia - The Dark Descent. Also, the noise emitted depends on the opening speed, so you really should be sneaky :ph34r:

• SeriousToni likes this

#4 Anderson

Anderson

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 747 posts

Posted 09 January 2017 - 07:58 AM

Good job. Voted.

"I really perceive that vanity about which most men merely prate — the vanity of the human or temporal life. I live continually in a reverie of the future. I have no faith in human perfectibility. I think that human exertion will have no appreciable effect upon humanity. Man is now only more active — not more happy — nor more wise, than he was 6000 years ago. The result will never vary — and to suppose that it will, is to suppose that the foregone man has lived in vain — that the foregone time is but the rudiment of the future — that the myriads who have perished have not been upon equal footing with ourselves — nor are we with our posterity. I cannot agree to lose sight of man the individual, in man the mass."...

- 2 July 1844 letter to James Russell Lowell from Edgar Allan Poe.

#5 Obsttorte

Obsttorte

Scripting guru, Mapper

• Active Developer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5026 posts

Posted 09 January 2017 - 04:50 PM

Looks nice. The artwork and the bits of the gameplay I can see from the video looks promising. But I guess stuff like "Styx" or "Cthulhu" are copyright-protected, although it might be allowed to use them in a satire?! Good luck there.

Voted. :)

FM's: Builder Roads, Old Habits, Old Habits Rebuild
WIP's: Several. Although after playing Thief 4 I really wanna make a city mission.
Mapping and Scripting: Apples and Peaches
Sculptris Models and Tutorials: Obsttortes Models
My wiki articles: Obstipedia
Let's Map TDM YouTube playlist: ObstlerTube
Texture Blending in DR: DR ASE Blend Exporter

End of shameless self promotion.

#6 wildmage

wildmage

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 10 January 2017 - 03:36 AM

Hello everybody.

Thank you all for your likes, votes and feedback. It means a lot :)

For Styx is was only a nod in the trailer, it is not the actual goblin name. And I agree with Obsttorte, for me it would be anyway considered as satire.
Cthulhu is now copyright free, but I may remove it because summoning is slightly compatible with the lore. We will see.

Thanks again, and do not hesitate to ask if you have any questions.

Edited by wildmage, 10 January 2017 - 03:37 AM.

#7 SeriousToni

SeriousToni

Beginner Contest 2012 Winner

• PipPipPipPip
  • 2196 posts

Posted 11 January 2017 - 06:31 PM

Be sure to keep us updated in this thread! I am very curious! And good luck of course! :)

"Einen giftigen Trank aus Kräutern und Wurzeln für die närrischen Städter wollen wir brauen." - Text aus einem verlassenen Heidenlager

#8 wildmage

wildmage

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 12 January 2017 - 08:25 AM

Of course I will keep you updated. Thanks :)

• SeriousToni likes this

#9 wildmage

wildmage

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 30 January 2017 - 06:09 AM

POPULAR

Greenlighted.png

Good news, everyone! Almost Epic Adventures: The Goblin's Week has been Greenlit!

I really want to thanks everybody who supported my project on Steam and/or took the time to give me some feedback :)
I was especially happy to see that the game concept interested some of you, and that my target audience may really exists :P

What's next? I am working hard on the first alpha version that will cover the first days of the week.
After that I may try to run a Kickstarter to be able to work with a few contractors to improve the game.

In any case, I will keep you informed :)

• Bikerdude, STiFU, Obsttorte and 2 others like this

#10 Bikerdude

Bikerdude

Mod hero

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18452 posts

Posted 30 January 2017 - 07:16 AM

That reminds me, I need to look at getting TDM on SGL...

#11 Obsttorte

Obsttorte

Scripting guru, Mapper

• Active Developer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5026 posts

Posted 30 January 2017 - 04:49 PM

Congratulations mista, and good luck on your future endevours. :)

FM's: Builder Roads, Old Habits, Old Habits Rebuild
WIP's: Several. Although after playing Thief 4 I really wanna make a city mission.
Mapping and Scripting: Apples and Peaches
Sculptris Models and Tutorials: Obsttortes Models
My wiki articles: Obstipedia
Let's Map TDM YouTube playlist: ObstlerTube
Texture Blending in DR: DR ASE Blend Exporter

End of shameless self promotion.

#12 tefdal

tefdal

• PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 01 February 2017 - 02:22 PM

Congrats to op on your greenlight success. Game looks very prommising to me so good luck with the dev!

Not to highjack thread but thats a pretty good idea, could bring some new players, especially if you add workshop.

Edited by tefdal, 01 February 2017 - 02:22 PM.

#13 Anderson

Anderson

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 747 posts

Posted 02 February 2017 - 02:02 PM

At the moment it would be advisable to get these plans in motion concurrently with providing TDM with EAX functionality at 2.06. Then people with big expectations wouldn't be turned off so easily as it is a valid and long term complaint after all. A big turn-off.

Edited by Anderson, 02 February 2017 - 02:04 PM.

"I really perceive that vanity about which most men merely prate — the vanity of the human or temporal life. I live continually in a reverie of the future. I have no faith in human perfectibility. I think that human exertion will have no appreciable effect upon humanity. Man is now only more active — not more happy — nor more wise, than he was 6000 years ago. The result will never vary — and to suppose that it will, is to suppose that the foregone man has lived in vain — that the foregone time is but the rudiment of the future — that the myriads who have perished have not been upon equal footing with ourselves — nor are we with our posterity. I cannot agree to lose sight of man the individual, in man the mass."...

- 2 July 1844 letter to James Russell Lowell from Edgar Allan Poe.

#14 wildmage

wildmage

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 06 February 2017 - 08:09 AM

Thank you all :)

(and TDM on Steam would be amazing ! )

• Anderson likes this

#15 wildmage

wildmage

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 22 July 2017 - 10:29 AM

Hello everyone,

Sorry to have taken so much time since the last post, but I wanted to tell you that yes, the project is still alive, it is even going well. I begin to see the end of the development, even if it is still far away and that there are still many dangers to come.

Dev progress

Here is a quick review of the current game state.

• I have almost finished to code all game features.
  • The art style has been improved in a large part of the dungeon.
  • The game has been optimized a lot, even if I want to do more.
  • I improved the level design, even if there is still a lot to do.
  • Regarding the game content, I have split the game in four parts to focus on finalizing them one by one. The fist quarter is almost finished, and it will be the occasion to shoot more images and videos.

Here are some images on the game progress. You are more than welcome to tell me what you think of it.

2017-06-29_14h20_17-1024x576.png
2017-06-29_14h14_45-1024x576.png
2017-06-29_14h11_41-1024x576.png
2017-06-29_14h19_39-1024x576.png

Demo in a few months

Also, I will try to make a short demo from it in the upcoming months, so you can all see by yourselves if the game is really worth it.

Help me spread the word

My biggest concern is be to get out of the complete anonymity. So, if you like what you see and want to help me, do not hesitate to share.

Stay up to date

I post regular updates, devlogs, and other content on the blog, but also on several social platforms. The best way to follow the project is to subscribe to one of those:

Website-Newsletter
Diaspora*
Twitter
Facebook

Edited by wildmage, 22 July 2017 - 10:53 AM.

• Bikerdude and CarltonTroisi like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users