#51 Jon Irenicus

Jon Irenicus

• PipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 06 February 2017 - 01:17 PM

Uh...

?

Hell yeah, I love this video.
I remember looking up for TDM videos on Youtube when I was trying to figure out if it was worth playing the game. This video is what really convinced me to download The Dark Mod.
So yeah, definitely add this to the Steam page.

Edited by Jon Irenicus, 06 February 2017 - 01:23 PM.

#52 Anderson

Anderson

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 578 posts

Posted 06 February 2017 - 01:18 PM

I agree that it's a poor showing compared to now. That said, we could probably post a video of an elderly alcoholic vagrant defecating on a sidewalk

with the rate we are approaching Greenlight approval now.

The music is good whatever you say.

Surely you don't truly mean that defecating alcoholic vandals aren't popular on Greenlight? 
http://steamcommunit...ls/?id=91573598

Edited by Anderson, 06 February 2017 - 01:20 PM.

#53 Sotha

Sotha

Vertical Contest Winner

• Active Developer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5497 posts

Posted 06 February 2017 - 01:23 PM

Voted (yes, of course) and commented.

Clipper
-The mapper's best friend.

#54 Bikerdude

Bikerdude

Mod hero

• Active Developer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17859 posts

Posted 06 February 2017 - 02:14 PM

The stats atm, have exceeded that of the top #5 game on Greenlight over the same period! We are on track for 2000 views and 900+ likes in 24hrs folks!

Attached File  Capture.JPG   69.47KB   10 downloads

#55 MirceaKitsune

MirceaKitsune

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 546 posts

Posted 06 February 2017 - 02:28 PM

Amazing how there are two threads about this, and none offers a single link as to where on Steam this is. Obviously because I want to vote for it and support this!

That said, it comes as a surprise to see TDM on Steam. Granted it's usually known for commercial games, and not very frequented by Free & Open-Source Software. Considering TDM's non-commercial strictness, I further wouldn't have expected it... of course Steam allows free games to be hosted as well, so probably no biggie there.

#56 Gast

Gast

• PipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted 06 February 2017 - 02:33 PM

Very cool, voted :)  !

#57 New Horizon

New Horizon

Mod hero

• Active Developer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13661 posts

Posted 06 February 2017 - 02:34 PM

The stats atm, have exceeded that of the top #5 game on Greenlight over the same period! We are on track for 2000 views and 900+ likes in 24hrs folks!

attachicon.gifCapture.JPG

Fantastic!

#58 Destined

Destined

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 909 posts

Posted 06 February 2017 - 02:36 PM

Amazing how there are two threads about this, and none offers a single link as to where on Steam this is. Obviously because I want to vote for it and support this!

When you want to vote, you need to go to "Greenlight" in the "Community" tab. There you can just search for "Dark Mod" and you will find it.

Greenlight titles are comparatively hidden, most likely because it would be just too much if you would find all Greenlight titles with a regular search.

#59 MirceaKitsune

MirceaKitsune

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 546 posts

Posted 06 February 2017 - 02:37 PM

Very cool, voted :)  !

Where did you vote? Because I looked on both threads again and even searched on Steam itself, and there is no link anywhere to be found (just a TDM group which I just joined).

#60 Destined

Destined

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 909 posts

Posted 06 February 2017 - 02:39 PM

Where did you vote? Because I looked on both threads again and even searched on Steam itself, and there is no link anywhere to be found (just a TDM group which I just joined).

Might be you missed the post I made before, so I repeat:

When you want to vote, you need to go to "Greenlight" in the "Community" tab. There you can just search for "Dark Mod" and you will find it.

Greenlight titles are comparatively hidden, most likely because it would be just too much if you would find all Greenlight titles with a regular search.

Edited by Destined, 06 February 2017 - 02:40 PM.

#61 Bikerdude

Bikerdude

Mod hero

• Active Developer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17859 posts

Posted 06 February 2017 - 02:45 PM

Er see the OP fella, which has a link that points to the News section at the top of the forum.

#62 New Horizon

New Horizon

Mod hero

• Active Developer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13661 posts

Posted 06 February 2017 - 02:46 PM

Voted!

#63 MirceaKitsune

MirceaKitsune

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 546 posts

Posted 06 February 2017 - 02:57 PM

Might be you missed the post I made before, so I repeat:

Sorry about that, missed it... a lot of posts were made all of a sudden and it threw me off. Found it and gladly voted!

#64 chakkman

chakkman

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 629 posts

Posted 06 February 2017 - 03:35 PM

attachicon.gifCapture.JPG

Who the hell are those nay sayers? A fire arrow on those.  :laugh:

#65 Moonbo

Moonbo

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1036 posts

Posted 06 February 2017 - 04:17 PM

Voted :-).

But you should walk having internal dignity. Be a wonderful person who can dance pleasantly to the rhythm of the universe.
-Sun Myung Moon

My work blog: gfleisher.blogspot.com

#66 Spooks

Spooks

• PipPip
  • 301 posts

Posted 06 February 2017 - 04:31 PM

I'm interested to know how much of a team decision this was. I've been musing about TDM on Greenlight recently too, so it's opportune that you guys have submitted it when you did. The way I see it you may have to research into putting in a Workshop option since, if our numbers blow up as they ought to when exposed to an audience as wide as Steam's, all the FM mirrors are gonna shatter :D

My FMs: The King of Diamonds (2016)

Visit my Mapbook thread sometimes!

#67 Anderson

Anderson

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 578 posts

Posted 06 February 2017 - 04:32 PM

That said, it comes as a surprise to see TDM on Steam. Granted it's usually known for commercial games, and not very frequented by Free & Open-Source Software. Considering TDM's non-commercial strictness, I further wouldn't have expected it... of course Steam allows free games to be hosted as well, so probably no biggie there.

Absolutely not. Check Heroine's Quest The Herald of Ragnarok. Decent point & click on Steam 100% for free.

#68 Bikerdude

Bikerdude

Mod hero

• Active Developer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17859 posts

Posted 06 February 2017 - 05:09 PM

all the FM mirrors are gonna shatter :D

Thats one of the reason for going on steam, to offload a chunk of our traffic onto steam's servers.

#69 Melan

Melan

Contest Winner, Wordsmith

• Campaign Dev
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4292 posts

Posted 06 February 2017 - 05:30 PM

Absolutely not. Check Heroine's Quest The Herald of Ragnarok. Decent point & click on Steam 100% for free.

Heroine's Quest is great! A worthy full-length successor to Quest for Glory - and yes, completely free.

Come the time of peril, did the ground gape, and did the dead rest unquiet 'gainst us. Our bands of iron and hammers of stone prevailed not, and some did doubt the Builder's plan. But the seals held strong, and the few did triumph, and the doubters were lain into the foundations of the new sanctum. -- Collected letters of the Smith-in-Exile, Civitas Approved

#70 chakkman

chakkman

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 629 posts

Posted 06 February 2017 - 05:35 PM

Will the FM's be hosted on Steam servers?

#71 MirceaKitsune

MirceaKitsune

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 546 posts

Posted 06 February 2017 - 06:20 PM

Will the FM's be hosted on Steam servers?

I really hope TDM won't have to exclusively depend on Steam's servers. I personally think Steam is nice because it makes TDM more accessible and boosts its publicity, but we still are a FOSS project with its own internal development system and servers. Just my thoughts... a mirror on Steam would be nice honestly, but please don't move all FM's there forever!

#72 stumpy

stumpy

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1601 posts

Posted 06 February 2017 - 08:13 PM

lot of trolls on steam though, there's a whole herd of them that just wander around and troll things and they don't even own any games.

#73 Professor Paul1290

Professor Paul1290

• PipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted 06 February 2017 - 09:31 PM

Just saw this.

I have a couple videos still up if you want to use them:

2.0 Standalone Trailer:

6 minutes of Old Habits II:

#74 Goldwell

Goldwell

Team Member

• Active Developer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2031 posts

Posted 06 February 2017 - 11:23 PM

For fuck's sake, we're not seriously considering adding a video from 2005, that still has the Doom 3 hands in it??

I'm working on a new trailer that should be out by the end of the week, and it uses recent missions along with 2.05.

Pending community approval that will hopefully be the steam greenlight trailer.

The Accountant Series
Part 1: A Noble Home (complete rebuild coming soon) | Part 2: New In town

Lord Edgar Trilogy
Lord Edgar's Bathhouse | Lord Edgar's Disappearance | Lord Edgar's Estate

Stand Alone Missions
Spring Cleaning

#75 V-Man339

V-Man339

Perfectionist Taffer

• PipPip
  • 238 posts

Posted 07 February 2017 - 01:05 AM

I vaguely recall recommending this, and someone pointed out that more popularity isn't always inherently good.

I'm hesitantly eager to do this, but please, for the love of all that is holy, do not alter design direction based on those that do not intend to continue enjoying the game.

This will invite many passersby who will play a mission, offer advice, and leave before bothering to try another.

I already feel a tad dirty having influenced this community's map makers somewhat (Sotha and Dragofer, I know you guys keep me in mind for your maps but that was never really what I wanted), but many, many more voices will pop up with the introduction of this game to Steam.

In particular, do not give much credence to anything on the Steam forums. There are few greater pits of ignorance, stupidity and decay.

I really hope TDM won't have to exclusively depend on Steam's servers. I personally think Steam is nice because it makes TDM more accessible and boosts its publicity, but we still are a FOSS project with its own internal development system and servers. Just my thoughts... a mirror on Steam would be nice honestly, but please don't move all FM's there forever!

This as well, less dependence on Steam is better.

If we use this as publicity and nothing more, I'll be perfectly happy, but as it stands I feel like I'm seeing my favorite indie band sign up with iTunes, this is a major flag of potential issues in the future.
Tread carefully, please.

Edit: Feel free to use anything on my channel for this if you want to, just let me know you've done so.

Edited by Bikerdude, 07 February 2017 - 02:56 AM.

I like to record difficult stealth games, and right now you wonderful people are the only ones delivering on that front.
Click here for the crappy channel where that happens.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users