DarkRadiant 2.2.1 released

• Please log in to reply
57 replies to this topic

#51 teh_saccade

teh_saccade

• PipPip
  • 330 posts

Posted 13 March 2017 - 11:52 AM

Found the problem - I was using the TDMupdate that Freyk gave me last year during the English localisation.
It was stuck in a loop with CRC and didn't update to latest game/pk4's. The check for the latest game updater came after the downloading of the older game files, which caused it to believe it had to update an older TDMupdate to only 96.4%(?).

As such, it appears that this was the cause of all the missing textures and errors.

Downloading the latest TDMupdate and bringing TDM to latest version - DR appears to be recognising all textures and shaders in new map and is not throwing any errors on map creation or restart (although most older maps are still without lights).

"have you tried turning it off and on again..?"

• nbohr1more likes this

#52 Spooks

Spooks

• PipPip
  • 310 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 06:01 PM

I've found that groups don't save over in prefabs - once you ungroup a prefab after importing it everything's on its own. Makes sense, the grouping information is saved in the .darkradiant file. Greebo, how feasibly would you say it'd be to make it so grouping information is also stored in .pfb files?

My FMs: The King of Diamonds (2016)

Visit my Mapbook thread sometimes!

#53 The Dark One

The Dark One

• PipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 10:55 PM

I'm not sure if this is the right thread (and if it isn't I apologize) but which version of this do I download? x64 or 32-bit? I'm assuming there's a difference here, I just don't know what it is.

Because in mystery novels, the first suspect is almost certainly never the murderer. No matter how much unmovable evidence there is, it will all be smashed in pieces by the wrath of the remaining number of pages of the story.

-"The Evil Spirit of the Zushi Clan" from Virtual Carnal Pleasure by Yamada Fuutarou

#54 Destined

Destined

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 949 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 04:42 AM

Not sure about any differences, but I would just download the version that fits your OS (just like any other application). So, if you have Win x86 (32-bit), you use the 32-bit version, if you have a 64-bit OS, you use the 64-bit version. In doubt, you can usually run 32-bit applications on a 64-bit OS, so if you use the 32-bit version, you should be able to run it in any case. If you are not sure, which OS type you have, you can right-click on "Computer" in your explorer and look at the properties. Under "System" you can find "System type" that describes which OS you have.

• The Dark One likes this

#55 greebo

greebo

Heroic Coder

• Root
  • 15915 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 07:33 AM

I've found that groups don't save over in prefabs - once you ungroup a prefab after importing it everything's on its own. Makes sense, the grouping information is saved in the .darkradiant file. Greebo, how feasibly would you say it'd be to make it so grouping information is also stored in .pfb files?

The .pfb files are using virtually the same format as the regular idTech4 .map files. That format doesn't support saving extra information, that's why the .darkradiant files are necessary. While I'm pretty sure the grouping info would be discarded when loading prefabs, importing a PFB including grouping info might be something that's causing trouble anyway, it's a case I haven't considered yet.

#56 Destined

Destined

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 949 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 07:39 AM

Please remind me: How can I select a single entity in a group again? I forgot and cannot find the info in the forums at the moment. Didn't we have a discussion about the grouping feature somewhere?

#57 Spooks

Spooks

• PipPip
  • 310 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 06:19 PM

The .pfb files are using virtually the same format as the regular idTech4 .map files. That format doesn't support saving extra information, that's why the .darkradiant files are necessary. While I'm pretty sure the grouping info would be discarded when loading prefabs, importing a PFB including grouping info might be something that's causing trouble anyway, it's a case I haven't considered yet.

Ah, that's fine then. It's as I suspected. @Destined, currently you can't select single entities from within a group. A workaround you might use would be to ungroup, do whatever you want with your group part, then re-group. If you don't want to click on a bunch of parts again you can either inverse-select to hide all other things in the map for easier selection or make a temporary selection set (type a name in that textbox next to the "Make Decal" button).

My FMs: The King of Diamonds (2016)

Visit my Mapbook thread sometimes!

#58 Destined

Destined

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 949 posts

Posted Yesterday, 04:59 AM

Hm, ok, I was quite sure I had read somewhere, that it was possible... I believe the easiest way would be the "hide all else" and the ungroup, change and group again approach. Will do that, thanks!

Edit: I have quickly whipped up a Wiki article "Grouping" to describe the feature, so people can find all necessary information in the Wiki, as this is the first plae I would look myself. Another question I thought of while writing the article: Do the individual parts of one group still count as several entities regarding the entity limit or is it possible that way to reduce the entity count? If I have missed something else, please tell me and I will add any further information.

Edited by Destined, Yesterday, 05:13 AM.

• teh_saccade likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users