• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 brethren

brethren

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 535 posts

Posted 10 February 2017 - 05:56 PM

Saw TDM was included in this list on RPS.  Not sure why it's only an "honorable mention" though:

https://www.rockpape...onversion-mods/

#2 Epifire

Epifire

• PipPip
  • 265 posts

Posted 10 February 2017 - 11:52 PM

Yeah honestly I'm kinda wondering how the Stanley Parable beat that. The new version isn't even a mod, it's an actual game paid with cash now... Then again people (including news outlets) have their select favorites.

Needing dem environment models?

Speak to the EPI!

Or rummage my online mesh repository instead...  https://www.mediafire.com/folder/7q1r8him1y63d/TDM%20Repository

#3 wesp5

wesp5

• PipPip
  • 468 posts

Posted 11 February 2017 - 03:56 AM

Yeah honestly I'm kinda wondering how the Stanley Parable beat that. The new version isn't even a mod, it's an actual game paid with cash now...

Indeed. And while the idea itself was great, after you played all variations once, which takes only a few minutes, the game is over. The Dark Mod has hours of fun and will hopefully continue with every new fan mission!

#4 Judith

Judith

• PipPip
  • 277 posts

Posted 11 February 2017 - 06:30 AM

I played Stanley Parable for over 4 hours and I'm pretty sure I haven't found all the gags and variations. The paid version is pretty great, the game is innovative enough to spend that 10-15 bucks.

#5 Anderson

Anderson

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 577 posts

Posted 11 February 2017 - 06:41 AM

Because there's no EAX yet :D

#6 demagogue

demagogue

Mod hero

• Active Developer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5085 posts

Posted 11 February 2017 - 08:46 AM

Yeah we kill most of the picks just on gameplay grounds.

And something like Black Mesa, I mean, it completely recreates an existing game scene for scene. I never really understood its popularity except in the superficial sense of same game+eye candy. How unoriginal can you be? =L

I think we're an honorable mention because stealth gameplay is still kind of niche though.
  • Anderson likes this
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users