TDM 2.05 official introductory missions

• Please log in to reply
155 replies to this topic

#151 montag

montag

• PipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 15 March 2017 - 12:58 PM

Found a bit of free time, so loaded up 2.05. A New Job was loads of fun! I played the first version, but managed to avoid the ring bug. Imho, it does a great job of introducing TDM to what is sure to be a large number of new players. (cuz Steam) Gratz, and thanks to you all who make TDM possible!

BTW, maybe not the right place for this, but on the thedarkmod/missions page this line might need to be updated?

New players: be sure to start with the Training Mission, included in your TDM download. Tears of St. Lucia, also included, is an excellent introduction to TDM missions.

• Springheel and Anderson like this

#152 Nico A.

Nico A.

• PipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 15 March 2017 - 03:38 PM

Well, there is a third mission in the storyline that finishes the arc.

Ah, I didn't knwo there was something planned already. Would be sad if this third mission wouldn't see the light of day, so I hope someone experienced offers his/her help.
  • Springheel and montag like this

#153 montag

montag

• PipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 18 March 2017 - 01:44 PM

Managed to run through Tears of St. Lucia yesterday! I had forgotten what a great mission this is. Loved the new additions, at least some things seemed new to me.

Spoiler

Add my name to the list of people waiting for the third mission!

Edited by montag, 18 March 2017 - 01:46 PM.

• Anderson likes this

#154 Springheel

Springheel

Creative Director (retired)

• Admin
  • 36150 posts

Posted 19 March 2017 - 08:07 AM

Spoiler

Glad you liked it!

• montag likes this

#155 Anderson

Anderson

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 725 posts

Posted 22 April 2017 - 03:44 PM

Both the first mission and St. Lucia are better. Minor tweaking goes a long way as was shown in the NHAT update. In fact this and NHAT should probably be among the recommended first missions to play around for new people to start.

"I really perceive that vanity about which most men merely prate — the vanity of the human or temporal life. I live continually in a reverie of the future. I have no faith in human perfectibility. I think that human exertion will have no appreciable effect upon humanity. Man is now only more active — not more happy — nor more wise, than he was 6000 years ago. The result will never vary — and to suppose that it will, is to suppose that the foregone man has lived in vain — that the foregone time is but the rudiment of the future — that the myriads who have perished have not been upon equal footing with ourselves — nor are we with our posterity. I cannot agree to lose sight of man the individual, in man the mass."...

- 2 July 1844 letter to James Russell Lowell from Edgar Allan Poe.

#156 chakkman

chakkman

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 656 posts

Posted 13 May 2017 - 07:41 PM

Managed to run through Tears of St. Lucia yesterday! I had forgotten what a great mission this is. Loved the new additions, at least some things seemed new to me.

+1 for that. It's been a while since i last touched TDM. Played Tears of St. Lucia through yesterday, and The Account Part 1. Was fun once again. :)

• Springheel and montag like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users