The Dark Mod Forums

"editor"

Slash

ok so im doing that entity thing and i find the desk i want but i cant make it? i get a error some times and others i make a item that i dont want to. i think i know what the deal is but i dont know how to solve it. Heres how the Entity menu is set up

entity class:

==================

usage:

==================

classname:

==================

key:

==================

val:

==================

i click model and select my object. its a CPU desk. its in the mapobj/cpu/cpudesk1.

im confused becouse i click creat but it doesnt creat it. it will creat the last thing i made that came out of the entity menu. like a weapon or a monster. i say wtf. how can i make it create any object. i cant find the desk in the entity menu so i cant find a way to make it. HELP

i got it to work but its still being a bitch. it tells me cant creat entity all the time. i can rarly get it to work. and i cant make a brush with mouse r. i make medpacs and other such things and i cant change them to other things. explain to me exactly how this is done.

Can't you just right click without drawing the brush first too?

As for setting the model, if you type in key: model value: model name, that usually works to assign the model too.

But I heard there's some weird bug where you have to clone the object and delete the old one before it actually displays the model, I dunno.

Slash. To apply a key and the value, just put it in there and press enter. It then puts it there. Don't fuck with create - never works. It's only useful if you select a brush and then bring up this menu and choose what you want it to be (left of create) and then press create. Nearly all the time you won't see the model appear there, so you need to clone it and delete the old one. Select the item then press space. It will have cloned the old one but the new one you can see the model in the editor. This fuckup has been in there since quake 1.

Hope this helps.