Photo

how about redesign tdm's mainmenu

54 replies to this topic

#51 freyk

freyk

• PipPip
  • 364 posts

Posted 23 March 2017 - 10:22 AM

For that they have to include a modified "mainmenu_background.gui" and multiple backgrounds in their fmpack.
In the backbackground gui they have to change in windowdef "MainMenuBackgroundFigureAnimation" the transition to something like this and they are done:
onTime 10000 {
transition "MainMenuBackground::background" "" "mycoolbackground1" BACKGROUND_FIGURE_INTERVAL ;
}
onTime 20000 {
transition "MainMenuBackground::background" "mycoolbackground1" "mycoolbackground2" BACKGROUND_FIGURE_INTERVAL ;
}
If someone need a help with this, they can pm me.

But a live background would be neat feature.
So if a mapper and scripter would like to help.
For starters add a autoexec.cfg to the fm-pack and the line
map mymission
And then, i dont know yet.

Edited by freyk, 23 March 2017 - 10:48 AM.

#52 Epifire

Epifire

• PipPip
  • 266 posts

Posted 23 March 2017 - 11:15 AM

Alright I think we're getting somewhere. So this begs the question what happens when we hit escape during a mission load? Would we insert the regular menu, or maybe have the active player preview blurred into the background of the menu elements? The latter totally being an HL2 trait, but having the option would be cool. I think the code/scripting elements would be comprised in the same method. You'd just be targeting the actual player position when a mission is loaded. Whereas when just the main menu is loaded on startup it could run through one or more entity plotted positions in your startup map. 

I know I most certainly would use this in my own work if I had the option to do so.

Needing dem environment models?

Speak to the EPI!

Or rummage my online mesh repository instead...  https://www.mediafire.com/folder/7q1r8him1y63d/TDM%20Repository

#53 freyk

freyk

• PipPip
  • 364 posts

Posted 24 March 2017 - 08:48 AM

So Lets try to create something!
Lets do the HL2 trait.

Create a map for the livebackground, for the test only 1 room.
and in this map, configure the playerstart so it is only using the camera-viewmode (like the intro of d3)
And try to open a gui from there, a modified mainmenu_main_ingame.gui (and or mainmenu_main.gui).
(by modifying the gui files. I mean just disable the background option of a window def)

Hitting the escape button, during the mission load screen, nothing will happen.
But when you hit that button in the mission, the ingame mainmenu (mainmenu_main_ingame.gui) will appear.

Edited by freyk, 24 March 2017 - 08:52 AM.

• Epifire likes this

#54 freyk

freyk

• PipPip
  • 364 posts

Posted 25 March 2017 - 05:03 AM

A camera howto] on the wiki

modified mainmenu_background.gui

Spoiler

Edited by freyk, 26 March 2017 - 02:49 PM.

#55 freyk

freyk

• PipPip
  • 364 posts

Posted 28 March 2017 - 03:28 AM

And here you find a manual howto create a background map for HL2.

For example, in the spoiler you will find some live backgrounds from hl2 and blackmesa.
Spoiler

Edited by freyk, 28 March 2017 - 03:57 AM.

• Epifire likes this

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users