Photo

Stuck in updating from 2.03 to 2.05 (win10), bug?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 s.urfer

s.urfer

• PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 03 April 2017 - 10:48 AM

I reactivated an old system, it has an activated Win10Pro with the most recent patches installed and an old installation of TDM, release 2.03.

I tried to run tdm_update.exe both as user and admin, but it seems to cycle through updating the same file over and over. I always get to the point depicted in the attachment.

This is not so much a call for support, I have a working 2.05 installation I could copy over, it is more meant as a bug report.

Attached File  stuckupdate.png   22.62KB   0 downloads

#2 Anderson

Anderson

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 777 posts

Posted 03 April 2017 - 11:00 AM

No it's commonplace. I use Win 10 too.

http://forums.thedar...-stuck-in-loop/

Just download the new updater from www.thedarkmod.com and replace it with your old one. Then try again.

Edited by Anderson, 03 April 2017 - 11:01 AM.

"I really perceive that vanity about which most men merely prate — the vanity of the human or temporal life. I live continually in a reverie of the future. I have no faith in human perfectibility. I think that human exertion will have no appreciable effect upon humanity. Man is now only more active — not more happy — nor more wise, than he was 6000 years ago. The result will never vary — and to suppose that it will, is to suppose that the foregone man has lived in vain — that the foregone time is but the rudiment of the future — that the myriads who have perished have not been upon equal footing with ourselves — nor are we with our posterity. I cannot agree to lose sight of man the individual, in man the mass."...

- 2 July 1844 letter to James Russell Lowell from Edgar Allan Poe.

#3 s.urfer

s.urfer

• PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 03 April 2017 - 12:06 PM

Thanks, worked like a charm! I'll drop this info into the other thread, too, as it looks like a 0.64/0.65 updater issue with win 10.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users