more simple pigeon / roof spikes

3 replies to this topic

#1 teh_saccade

teh_saccade

• PipPip
  • 482 posts

Posted 09 April 2017 - 06:18 PM

Hi,

Currently I am either rescaling the grates and adding damage - it looks ok but can be problems with no-draw walls and sticking out and... just looks a bit naff.
This or painstakingly creating each one from a series of pyramid, bound together - looks better but cannot be scaled.

Is there a decal or something that can be used that I have not seen?

Thanks.

#2 stumpy

stumpy

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1664 posts

Posted 09 April 2017 - 09:59 PM

you can turn any world brush/patch you make in the editor into a func_static then export that as a .ase model and then you can rescale that .ase model

#3 NeonsStyle

NeonsStyle

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1249 posts

Posted 10 April 2017 - 02:04 AM

Another good way if you're rescaling brushes/patches is to copy paste them into gtk radiant, rescale in one click, then copy paste

back to DR, though you'll need a new mapdoom3.dll file from greebo to do it. It's the fastest way to rescale. I can rescale an entire map

in about 2 minutes that way, and the same for any part of it.

I have a small YouTube channel making videos on a variety of games. Come and have look here:

https://www.youtube.com/c/NeonsStyleHD

#4 teh_saccade

teh_saccade

• PipPip
  • 482 posts

Posted 10 April 2017 - 09:44 AM

you can turn any world brush/patch you make in the editor into a func_static then export that as a .ase model and then you can rescale that .ase model

This is the second method described - it unfortunately rescales the spikes.

// dw about it - i'll figure something out. NS' method sounds far too complicated and involved for something that doesn't matter a great deal.

Edited by teh_saccade, 10 April 2017 - 09:45 AM.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users