Posted 17 May 2017 - 11:53 AM

Sorry.
  • teh_saccade likes this

#27 teh_saccade

teh_saccade

• PipPip
  • 482 posts

Posted 17 May 2017 - 01:50 PM

Please allow me to explain, so that there is some understanding of why decisions such as these are made by large publishers (ie, corporate machines for making money and consumer products).

Spoiler

They will continue to boil the sacred cow's carcass to sell as glue and dog food, forever and ever, amen.

// If it wasn't for corporate decisions such as these, there would not be games such as TDM (although, in the past years, money has learned to recognise the importance of holding onto its ancient source).

Edited by teh_saccade, 17 May 2017 - 01:57 PM.

#28 CarltonTroisi

CarltonTroisi

• PipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 17 May 2017 - 01:57 PM

Sorry, what I meant to say was:

"sed octrocore TDM fuckng cunt thread wishing dat T5 suks cok suka"

The higher in number of the franchise, the more vehement the response that comes - at an IQ similar to the number of said franchise.

I think it might be fair (if still a bit smug) to direct that statement toward other users.

My comment, though...  "I want dat Thie5".. was intentional satire/parody.  Honestly.

Edited by CarltonTroisi, 17 May 2017 - 01:58 PM.

#29 Springheel

Springheel

Creative Director (retired)

• Admin
  • 36413 posts

Posted 17 May 2017 - 02:01 PM

I think the most toxic threads we ever had in the public forums in the 12 years the mod has existed was surrounding Thief4. 

the cocksucker has the gall to be a smug prick about no sequel, despite fans of the series excitement. Fucking cunt.

You might want to tone it down a bit.  We try to avoid direct namecalling around here, even if it's directed at someone not part of the forum.

It was the editor of the article that decided to label the comment "mocking".  The tweet itself could have been bemused, self-depreciating, smug, or anything in between.

• Bikerdude and teh_saccade like this

#30 teh_saccade

teh_saccade

• PipPip
  • 482 posts

Posted 17 May 2017 - 02:08 PM

The tweet itself could have been bemused, self-depreciating, smug, or anything in between.

I read that tweet as "like we got time for this?!"

Guy realised the overstep and said Sorry, Springheel - no harm, no foul?

--

Incidentally, there are 110 alternatives to the word, "See You Next Tuesday".

Expanding a vocabulary in any language is like infusing your soul with creative expression.
When it comes to insults - Jebo ti pas mater, prokleta prasica, 63 75 6e 74 - the best are the ones that aren't understood until you've had the time to run away, or aren't understood at all...

--

So was the statement you did quote, Carlton, dw :)
No offence intended. I have a terrible sense of humour and a poor manner of dealing with people at times - my apologies if I made you feel uncomfortable.

I jus wnted 2 say dat shyt b4 NE1 els dided it & got +rep kthxbai, and realign the discourse before it degenerated further, honest, guv (and it worked, so :P).

I think it might be fair (if still a bit smug) to direct that statement toward other users.

My comment, though...  "I want dat Thie5".. was intentional satire/parody.  Honestly.

Edited by teh_saccade, 17 May 2017 - 02:33 PM.

#31 NeonsStyle

NeonsStyle

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1249 posts

Posted 14 June 2017 - 11:42 AM

No bloody floating markers saying GO HERE YOU IDIOT. Give us a compass and a map and let us Jump. Stick to the basics

of Thief, Don't turn him into a hero, he's a thief. Most of all, Stick to the universe!

• AluminumHaste likes this

I have a small YouTube channel making videos on a variety of games. Come and have look here:

https://www.youtube.com/c/NeonsStyleHD

#32 AluminumHaste

AluminumHaste

Darkmod Contributor

• Development Role
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5757 posts

Posted 16 June 2017 - 10:51 AM

No bloody floating markers saying GO HERE YOU IDIOT. Give us a compass and a map and let us Jump. Stick to the basics

of Thief, Don't turn him into a hero, he's a thief. Most of all, Stick to the universe!

Yeah pretty much this, just because the mechanics have been around since the 90s, that doesn't mean they need updating.

They work, and work well.

Basically I wouldn't mind a fusion of Thief 1/2/3 and TDM, but with a new story. Nothing wrong with more Garrett as actual Garrett lol.

I always assumed I'd taste like boot leather.

#33 NeonsStyle

NeonsStyle

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1249 posts

Posted 16 June 2017 - 12:56 PM

Yeh I'd like more actual Garret (the real one), and some more stories involving the Keepers. I always liked the Keepers. A little

over the top, but harmless, but those damn Mechanists were just nuts lol 

I have a small YouTube channel making videos on a variety of games. Come and have look here:

https://www.youtube.com/c/NeonsStyleHD

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users