Dishonored

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Kurshok

Kurshok

• PipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 13 April 2017 - 05:51 AM

I am thinking about buying the games Dishonored and Dishonored 2, because the setting, I have been told, is similar the Thief. Can anyone else here vouch for this game?

#2 New Horizon

New Horizon

Mod hero

• Active Developer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13755 posts

Posted 13 April 2017 - 05:53 AM

They are different games, but the influences are definitely there. I wouldn't call Dishonoured a simulation, like Thief. It will give you Thief vibes though, for sure. Grab it.

#3 Oldjim

Oldjim

Uber tester

• PipPipPip
  • 1999 posts

Posted 13 April 2017 - 07:58 AM

if you do get Dishonored the two DLC's Brigmore Witches and Knife of Dunwall are also worth getting

#4 Destined

Destined

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1227 posts

Posted 13 April 2017 - 11:13 AM

Agreed. These games are among the best current stealth games (especially AAA). The setting is indeed comparable: It's very low-tech (not really steampunk, but still at the beginnings of elictricity) and quite grimy.

#5 Judith

Judith

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 559 posts

Posted 13 April 2017 - 12:58 PM

Only get Dishonored 2 if you have a decent gaming rig, with recommended specs or higher. Dishonored 1 runs fine even on older laptops. And Jim is right, get the GOTY edition, as DLC is even more focused and has better story than the campaign. Both instalments indeed use systemic design and immersive sim approach, but the stealth isn't main focus. Playing as chaotic psychopath is equally, if not more rewarding. There's a bit more balance towards that in Dis 2.

#6 MoroseTroll

MoroseTroll

• PipPip
  • 284 posts

Posted 13 April 2017 - 02:41 PM

Kurshok: I would suggest you to find an offer with both games. I'm not sure, but I hope that some e-stores might still have pre-order keys for Dishonored 2 with Dishonored 1 GOTY/Definitive Edition as a bonus.

Edited by MoroseTroll, 13 April 2017 - 02:42 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users