• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 RPGista

RPGista

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1427 posts

Posted 14 April 2017 - 08:05 PM

I often follow this channel from quite a bright guy that does a lot of cool video tutorials for Blender. Today youtube brought my attention to this video of his, and the title got me.

Appearently he has a series of videos on creating a stealth game from scratch. I thought it was really fun to see how you would go about tackling the basic features of this sort of game mechanics. It also gives you a new appreciation of all the amazing work put into the Darkmod.

Edit: rather, hes started a series on it, should be cool to follow, see how it all comes together.

Edited by RPGista, 14 April 2017 - 08:11 PM.

• Aosys likes this

#2 Moonbo

Moonbo

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1059 posts

Posted 14 April 2017 - 08:58 PM

Sebastian's work is great. Unity also has an official tutorial on how to create a stealth game from scratch which I found pretty helpful in my current indie game project (which is a stealth game in Unity :P).

But you should walk having internal dignity. Be a wonderful person who can dance pleasantly to the rhythm of the universe.
-Sun Myung Moon

My work blog: gfleisher.blogspot.com

#3 demagogue

demagogue

Mod hero

• Active Developer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5226 posts

Posted 15 April 2017 - 12:12 AM

I've thought about a stealth game as a hunter hunting prey, either as a wolf or the like, or some alien versions so you have some flexibility with the mechanics.

And for what it's worth, the TDM code is very educational because stealth takes relatively sophisticated mechanics. (No surprise that our code is like 4 or 5 times bigger than the Doom3 base.) And it's open source, so anyone interested should look into it.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users