Photo

Fan Mission: The Ravine by Spoonman (17/04/2017)

• Please log in to reply
57 replies to this topic

#51 NeonsStyle

NeonsStyle

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1249 posts

Posted 02 May 2017 - 07:33 AM

You should treat this release as a beta test, then fix anything that's been found then do a full release when it's all perfect. :) 

I have a small YouTube channel making videos on a variety of games. Come and have look here:

https://www.youtube.com/c/NeonsStyleHD

#52 Oldjim

Oldjim

Uber tester

• PipPipPipPip
  • 2006 posts

Posted 02 May 2017 - 01:54 PM

A small way through the mission and it really needed beta testing

One thing puzzles me - what is the rational of having servants/pagans mixed up with skeletons

As others have said the low ambient lighting in the caverns is really annoying and makes navigation very difficult

This is a personal opinion but I don't think the water columns work as they aren't flowing water

#53 fraten

fraten

• PipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 03:55 PM

I might be late to the party, but I just finished the mission and although I enjoyed almost every minute it still puzzles me, because - apart from the introduction - there is no context given (no readables in the mission). So I finished the mission, but I am somewhat unsatisfied with the result - what did I just see there? Why?

So, if you consider an update of the mission, please include some readables. Because, you know, it is never about the loot, but always about the story and the involvement.

• Spooks likes this

#54 AluminumHaste

AluminumHaste

Darkmod Contributor

• Development Role
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5757 posts

Posted 30 July 2017 - 09:45 AM

For everyone complaining about the ambient being too low.

Open the pk4 file with Winzip, open the .map file with Notepad++ (Notepad will choke on a file over a few megabytes).

Do a search for ambient_world, you'll see this:

// entity 1
{
"classname" "atdm:ambient_world"
"name" "ambient_world"
"_color" "0.020 0.020 0.020"
"light_center" "0 0 0"
"light_radius" "10944 8672 2688"
"nodiffuse" "0"
"noshadows" "0"
"nospecular" "0"
"origin" "-1376 184 -768"
"parallel" "0"
"texture" "lights/ambientlightnfo"
}

Change the _color to "0.050 0.050 0.050"

Click File->Save

Winzip will ask if you want to update the archive, click yes.

Wait while Winzip/PowerArchiver rebuilds the archive and you're all set.

It seems like a lot of steps, but it's really not.

I personally use PowerArchiver as it's amazing compared to most other Zip programs.

EDIT: I also tried a value of 0.080 and that seems more in line with what I'm used to in most missions. But like the author said, it was done on purpose but that doesn't change the fact that you can modify the map how you want. No DMAP is required with this change.

I always assumed I'd taste like boot leather.

#55 Sotha

Sotha

Vertical Contest Winner

• Active Developer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5597 posts

Posted 18 August 2017 - 02:00 PM

Played this last night and now.

Feels like my mind was raped. Ow, yep, It hurt a bit, but I kinda liked it in a perverse manner, in the end. :wub:

Spoiler

Interesting piece of work. I'm glad I played it, even if my mind feels a bit frail afterwards.

• Melan, Peanut and Spooks like this
Clipper
-The mapper's best friend.

#56 The Dark One

The Dark One

• PipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 19 August 2017 - 06:44 PM

I'm with Sotha on this one. I loved this mission for what it was doing, but I was in mild screaming rage by the end of it all so I can't say I liked it. :P

Spoiler

Edited by The Dark One, 19 August 2017 - 06:44 PM.

• Anderson and CarltonTroisi like this

Because in mystery novels, the first suspect is almost certainly never the murderer. No matter how much unmovable evidence there is, it will all be smashed in pieces by the wrath of the remaining number of pages of the story.

-"The Evil Spirit of the Zushi Clan" from Virtual Carnal Pleasure by Yamada Fuutarou

#57 Bikerdude

Bikerdude

Mod hero

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18643 posts

Posted 13 September 2017 - 03:30 PM

Spoonman/Level has given me permission to fix the bugs in the mission, so could i be cheeky and ask someone to collate all the bugs please..?

#58 Bikerdude

Bikerdude

Mod hero

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18643 posts

Posted 14 September 2017 - 08:42 AM

Spoonman/Level has given me permission to fix the bugs in the mission, so could i be cheeky and ask someone to collate all the bugs please..?

Any takers..?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users