The Dark Mod Forums

A mapping Tutorial: Series 1 - The Elixir

Bikerdude

22 members have voted

1. 1. A cramped city section

2. 2. A small but pretty manor

3. 3. Either one of the above but set in daylight

Well I was going to upload two more vids this evening, but bloody OBS decided to disable the mic input for no apparent reason! So tomoz I will try and see how I go about dubbing some some audio over the top. failing that will just have to record a summery video instead...

How many hours you're at? :laugh:

Come the time of peril, did the ground gape, and did the dead rest unquiet 'gainst us. Our bands of iron and hammers of stone prevailed not, and some did doubt the Builder's plan. But the seals held strong, and the few did triumph, and the doubters were lain into the foundations of the new sanctum. -- Collected letters of the Smith-in-Exile, Civitas Approved

So my PC is just having the best time over the last week or so, first the new Asus mobo shat itself, then tonight Kaspersky is detecting an app (Windows Firewall Control) as a trojan and then after an hour of trying to fix it I gave up and just finished the first round of rebuilding my PC - gone back to Win7 (8.1 is just....<sigh>)

WIll make another vid tomoz along with a small bug vide for Springheel.

• Like 1

You can try using another AV after the Kaspersky license expires to compare stuff and see if it works better for you.

​I tried different Kaspersky versions from circa 2008 and stopped using it from about 2011-2012. The services constantly change but I think what never changes about Kaspersky is the excessive sensitivity to everything. Even something harmless. Unusually sensitive even for an AV.

Edited by Anderson

"I really perceive that vanity about which most men merely prate — the vanity of the human or temporal life. I live continually in a reverie of the future. I have no faith in human perfectibility. I think that human exertion will have no appreciable effect upon humanity. Man is now only more active — not more happy — nor more wise, than he was 6000 years ago. The result will never vary — and to suppose that it will, is to suppose that the foregone man has lived in vain — that the foregone time is but the rudiment of the future — that the myriads who have perished have not been upon equal footing with ourselves — nor are we with our posterity. I cannot agree to lose sight of man the individual, in man the mass."...

- 2 July 1844 letter to James Russell Lowell from Edgar Allan Poe.

badge?user=andarson

Bikerdude, can you please just make each recording 30 minutes please. It's a lot easier to settle in to sit and watch a 30 min vid.

Edited by NeonsStyle

I have an eclectic YouTube channel making videos on a variety of games. Come and have look here:

https://www.youtube.com/c/NeonsStyleHD

Dark Mod Missions: Briarwood Manor - available here or in game

http://forums.thedarkmod.com/topic/18980-fan-mission-briarwood-manor-by-neonsstyle-first-mission-6082017-update-16/

Evening

Apologies for the lack of another video, but I have been trying to troubleshoot some sealing issues which I will summarise the fixes in the next vid.

I have expanded the street area a bit to the North East so as to give the player a bit more breathing space to avoid patrols.

be back soon with another vid

• Like 3

Hey, so I actually have a question about Part 2 (yes, I realize I'm a little behind here). How on earth are you able to edit ext_stone02_door01 and the corresponding wall module (starting around the 1:23:50 mark)? I thought models couldn't be modified like that? I've tried worldspawning those same models with no luck.

Evening, Part 16 is up.

I built an attic in the apartment for the main objection location, added a house guard, populated the servants room, built 2 of the 3 high up locations for the player to get too and then spent a lot of time just tweaking. We are getting close to the end as the next stage is placing readables and main story, which I will do in part 17.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=75GpgKuL6tY&feature=youtu.be

• Like 2