Hiding FX at a distance

28 replies to this topic

#26 HMart

HMart

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 812 posts

Posted 18 November 2018 - 11:49 AM

@HMart I don't know about the code, but doesn't D3 control burnaway partly through scripting?

float burnDelay = getFloatKey( "burnaway" );
	if ( burnDelay != 0 ) {
		preBurn();
		sys.wait( burnDelay );
		burn();
		startSound( "snd_burn", SND_CHANNEL_BODY, false );
	}

(From ai_monster_base.script)

Hum yes that maybe it,  i forgot about that, will analyze that script code and see what i can get of it, thanks for the hint. :)

#27 Judith

Judith

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1950 posts

Posted 18 November 2018 - 12:33 PM

Thanks, I'll check parm3 later. There was no mention about that in the wiki, IIRC.

#28 HMart

HMart

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 812 posts

Posted 19 November 2018 - 09:10 AM

Hum yes that maybe it,  i forgot about that, will analyze that script code and see what i can get of it, thanks for the hint. :)

Just a update on my case, VanishedOne you were right the burn away effect was handled by the script code. On c++ was only the case of using SetShaderParm(parm7, gameLocal.time * 0.001 );  It  should have been obvious but I didn't saw it, gameLocal.time changes each frame, i was using a fixed value expecting the material keyword "time" to do the rest but it didn't. Btw the * 0.001 is there to convert milliseconds to seconds, the engine Macro MS2SEC() does the same.

This tho don't explain how to get the alphaTest value from the material using other than GetShaderParm...more study for me. 

• VanishedOne likes this

#29 duzenko

duzenko

Uber member

• Active Developer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2223 posts

Posted 19 November 2018 - 02:35 PM

If you have a test map I can look at it

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users