Classic Movie Monster Plots

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Kurshok

Kurshok

• PipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 06 May 2017 - 07:28 PM

Anyone have any ideas based on the Universal Studios Classics like Frankenstein, Dracula, the Wolfman, etc.? Maybe stealing a brain from the morgue for a necromancer to make a flesh golem, or stealing a vampire's amassed wealth hoard from its lair? Maybe taking advantage of a string of werewolf attack to steal from the local silversmith, whose business has been booming due to nobles requesting arms from him?

#2 Anderson

Anderson

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 777 posts

Posted 07 May 2017 - 07:03 AM

The best source are E.A. Poe stories. Lovecraft is fine too but not for my taste.

Also ”The Fly” movie if you can stomach that kind of thing. But good and creative material.

"I really perceive that vanity about which most men merely prate — the vanity of the human or temporal life. I live continually in a reverie of the future. I have no faith in human perfectibility. I think that human exertion will have no appreciable effect upon humanity. Man is now only more active — not more happy — nor more wise, than he was 6000 years ago. The result will never vary — and to suppose that it will, is to suppose that the foregone man has lived in vain — that the foregone time is but the rudiment of the future — that the myriads who have perished have not been upon equal footing with ourselves — nor are we with our posterity. I cannot agree to lose sight of man the individual, in man the mass."...

- 2 July 1844 letter to James Russell Lowell from Edgar Allan Poe.

#3 jaxa

jaxa

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1227 posts

Posted 07 May 2017 - 12:48 PM

Frankenstein would be the easiest to pull off because there is a lot of steampunk and electrical equipment that would look right at home on the set of a Frankensteen movie.

Dracula could be interesting, but I think everyone would have to compare it to the undisputed masterpiece: Sensut's Thief 2 campaign "Dracula Reloaded". Which reminds me that I have not played the New Dark version.

I keep on forgetting whether the TDM werewolf works anymore. If it does, you can have a werewolf mission.

Golems and necromancers sound interesting. I don't recall seeing a mage human character in any missions (that can shoot magic missiles at you) but maybe someone else will know. A golem of some kind would probably require a new model, while zombies, skeletons, and haunts are ready to go.

#4 Destined

Destined

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1223 posts

Posted 07 May 2017 - 01:15 PM

The werewolf works on a very basic level. The last thing done was, that I added some missing animations, so that the minimum of animations is available. However, the inverse kinematics I set up don't look too good (not sure, if I did something wrong there or if there are other reasons). Also, the legs tend to clip while walking downhill, because the legs bend backwards. Finally, as far as I know the werewolf has not yet undergone any testing whatsoever.

#5 Biya

Biya

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 15 May 2017 - 08:59 PM

I don't recall seeing a mage human character in any missions (that can shoot magic missiles at you) but maybe someone else will know. A golem of some kind would probably require a new model, while zombies, skeletons, and haunts are ready to go.

There are mages in The Dark Mod. They haven't made any appearences yet AFAIK, but you can spawn them through the console and test them out.

Hammer Horror would make great source material to build something out of! Same goes for old Vincent Price films, the works of John Carpenter, David Cronenburg and Alfred Hitchcock.

• jaxa likes this

#6 RPGista

RPGista

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1416 posts

Posted 15 May 2017 - 11:18 PM

You can see a mage in Shadowhide's Winter Harvest. I've been working on a stone golem for a long time, bits here and there. Maybe i'll finish it sometime, who knows.

• jaxa and Biya like this

#7 wesp5

wesp5

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 511 posts

Posted 16 May 2017 - 02:23 AM

There are mages in The Dark Mod. They haven't made any appearences yet AFAIK, but you can spawn them through the console and test them out.

I don't know if it was this kind of mage, but just yesterday while playing the great mission "Accountant 2" from Goldwell, I met a guy in a robe throwing fireballs at me :)!

• Biya likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users