• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 NeonsStyle

NeonsStyle

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1210 posts

Posted 12 May 2017 - 11:05 PM

The Know posted this little gem today. I can't embed the video cause it seems the Forum doesn't like

youtube videos at a specific time. 

So here's the link keyed to the right time:

https://youtu.be/KECOJsl7Vq8?t=155

I have a small YouTube channel making videos on a variety of games. Come and have look here:

https://www.youtube.com/c/NeonsStyleHD

#2 Kurshok

Kurshok

• PipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 13 May 2017 - 03:40 AM

If this is true, then my penis grows vast, for the Fanboy-Boner has arisen! A Thief movie AND new game!? NYEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!

#3 Gast

Gast

• PipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 13 May 2017 - 10:37 AM

I'm not sure the filmmakers are having the freshest news but it's a hint. If this is true, this is both nice and terrifying. The only thing I really liked in Thi4f were the city section mini-heists and the cool graphics.

#4 Kurshok

Kurshok

• PipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 13 May 2017 - 07:25 PM

I hope they have the Maw of Chaos.

#5 NeonsStyle

NeonsStyle

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1210 posts

Posted 14 May 2017 - 11:57 AM

More than likely, they will fuck it up as usual. The last Thief game was horrendous. Not giving a thief an ability to jump is just mind numbingly stupid. Let's 

hope this new one learns the lessons.

I have a small YouTube channel making videos on a variety of games. Come and have look here:

https://www.youtube.com/c/NeonsStyleHD

#6 esme

esme

• PipPip
  • 292 posts

Posted 15 May 2017 - 08:06 AM

The clips they are using seem to be from the last thief, maybe we should send them some TDM footage

#7 Springheel

Springheel

Creative Director (retired)

• Admin
  • 36375 posts

Posted 15 May 2017 - 08:36 AM

I'm skeptical that this is going to happen.  A new game is a massive undertaking, and if it's being done to support a movie that is already a bit of a long shot....?

What might be a little more reasonable would be some kind of DLC for Thi4f.  But so long after the game's release I can't see a studio greenlighting that either.

It's quite possible this rumour is just a marketing tactic to generate some buzz for the movie.

#8 lowenz

lowenz

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1520 posts

Posted 15 May 2017 - 09:55 AM

would be some kind of DLC for Thi4f. 

Those 2 strange things we call "gold" or "money" instead of...ink bottles and forks? :D

Edited by lowenz, 15 May 2017 - 09:55 AM.

• Biya likes this

Task is not so much to see what no one has yet seen but to think what nobody has yet thought about that which everybody see. - E.S.

#9 Biya

Biya

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 15 May 2017 - 12:26 PM

Hopefully they'll scrap the absolute mess of a story they puked out in 4 and bring back the old setting. One of the main problems I had with the last game was how it felt like the world and story were written by someone who only had a weekend to read an abridged version of Thief's lore. They didn't even do a proper job of justifying the changes other than "You're Garrett, the Master Thief! No, not that Garrett! Hammerites and Pagans were outlawed! No more undead or beasties! What even is a Burrick anyway?"

• Springheel likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users