Pizza in Civitas

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Kurshok

Kurshok

• PipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 15 May 2017 - 12:56 PM

If pizza in the real world is from Italy, and Rome is in Italy, and Civitas is the equivalent of Rome in The Dark Mod universe, are there Civitas Pizzerias in Bridgeport?

#2 Kurshok

Kurshok

• PipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 15 May 2017 - 12:58 PM

The reason I ask is I was mulling over a simple mission idea where you steal a freshly baked pizza right out of a pizzeria that the Nobles frequent, maybe snag some gold via pickpocketing, too. MAMA MIA!

#3 Ankai

Ankai

• PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 16 May 2017 - 10:32 AM

Personally, I support pizza existing. The people of this city live miserable lives, they deserve some happiness. :(

• Spooks and Biya like this

#4 NeonsStyle

NeonsStyle

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1210 posts

Posted 17 May 2017 - 03:05 AM

I see no problem with pizza existing in Civitas. Foods like pizzas have been cooked since the neolithic age in varying form of flat breads. 

I think you'd need some unique textures of your Pizzarias. :) I don't think you would have the modern pizza oven though, probably 

more a wood fired arrangement.  

• CarltonTroisi likes this

I have a small YouTube channel making videos on a variety of games. Come and have look here:

https://www.youtube.com/c/NeonsStyleHD

#5 brh

brh

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 17 May 2017 - 06:14 PM

If pizza in the real world is from Italy, and Rome is in Italy, and Civitas is the equivalent of Rome in The Dark Mod universe, are there Civitas Pizzerias in Bridgeport?

As an italian this made me laugh way too much! Pizza for everybody!

#6 NeonsStyle

NeonsStyle

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1210 posts

Posted 18 May 2017 - 08:42 AM

There used 

There used to be this Pizza parlour here. This was back in the 1960's and the pizzas it made were to die for. They were nothing and I mean nothing like

todays pizzas. The bread was a shallow dome and you needed a knife and fork to eat it. I'd kill for one of those Pizzas again, but alas that shop closed 

many years ago. I did ask the owner for the recipe after they'd close but they wouldn't give it to me In all these years, I've never found a pizza that was remotely

like that. Today they are all this american style pizza. 

Edited by NeonsStyle, 18 May 2017 - 11:03 AM.

• Melan likes this

I have a small YouTube channel making videos on a variety of games. Come and have look here:

https://www.youtube.com/c/NeonsStyleHD

#7 brh

brh

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 10:45 AM

There used 

There used to be this Pizza parlour here. This was back in the 1960's and the pizzas it made were to die for. They were nothing and I mean nothing like

todays pizzas. The bread was a shallow dome and you needed a knife and fork to eat it. I'd kill for one of those Pizzas again, but alas that shop closed 

many years ago. I did ask the owner for the recipe after they'd close but they wouldn't give it to me In all these years, I've never found a pizza that was remotely

like that. Today they are all this american style pizza. 

Get a couple of italians friends  or look for recipe online,  but i doubt  you'll achieve the same pizza you described, damn nostalgia is strong

#8 lowenz

lowenz

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1520 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 10:55 AM

A new italian fellow? :D

Task is not so much to see what no one has yet seen but to think what nobody has yet thought about that which everybody see. - E.S.

#9 stumpy

stumpy

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1656 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 01:13 PM

we get thick bread based pizza's in the uk, most complaints about them come from American's saying they are not real pizza's.

#10 brh

brh

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 May 2017 - 08:52 AM

A new italian fellow? :D

Yes, i used to read the forum rarely, but nowdays i've been playing way more tdm than usual so i ended up browsing the forum and found this thread

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users