32 replies to this topic

#26 demagogue

demagogue

Mod hero

• Active Developer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5245 posts

Posted 19 September 2017 - 05:01 PM

All the games in this thread are free for about a day.

I'll edit in a list of my favorite actually free games sometime.

Generally, about once every month or three, I'll go on an Itch spree and play a dozen or so recent Itch games.

There's a lot of slop, but some of the most creative ideas are coming out of the indie and homebrew scene.

And some people, like Daniel Linssen, consistently put out great little games.

Posted Image

#27 chakkman

chakkman

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 711 posts

Posted 19 September 2017 - 06:57 PM

"Oddworld, Abe's Oddysee" is free for a limited time on gog and Steam. I am not sure how good or bad it is, have never played it. Still, if you are interested, just get it.

It's great. There is a remake with better graphics, gameplay and sound though, which is very true to the original: http://store.steampo...ld_New_n_Tasty/

It's only a fiver ATM too. 

#28 Destined

Destined

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1298 posts

Posted 06 November 2017 - 03:08 PM

For anyone interested, WatchDogs is available for free on Uplay right now. It said for me, that it is not yet released. No idea why, but I assume it will be unlocked soon.

#29 Bikerdude

Bikerdude

Mod hero

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18924 posts

Posted 06 November 2017 - 04:47 PM

It was never a good game, got slated n most reviews. That and uplay is even worse for spying on users that origin is...

• Judith likes this

#30 freyk

freyk

• PipPip
  • 493 posts

Posted 07 November 2017 - 12:03 AM

I love that game and the second part is even better!

#31 Destined

Destined

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1298 posts

Posted 07 November 2017 - 07:36 AM

It was never a good game, got slated n most reviews. That and uplay is even worse for spying on users that origin is...

I know it did not get very good reviews, but if it is good to waste a couple of hours without paying anything for it, it is fine with me. And regarding the spying by Uplay, I do not know where you got that opinion. I did a quick search and did not find anything that would support your statement. Of course, this does not mean that it might be true, but at least it is not as known for it as is Origin.

#32 Aosys

Aosys

• PipPip
  • 182 posts

Posted 09 November 2017 - 03:49 PM

For anyone who likes point-and-click games, Syberia 1 is free on GOG for the next 48-ish hours.

• Destined likes this

#33 Destined

Destined

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1298 posts

Posted Today, 01:40 AM

And another game that is free for the next day: Brütal Legend is currently available for free on humblebundle.com

1 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bikerdude