66 replies to this topic

#26 demagogue

demagogue

Mod hero

• Active Developer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5382 posts

Posted 19 September 2017 - 05:01 PM

All the games in this thread are free for about a day.

I'll edit in a list of my favorite actually free games sometime.

Generally, about once every month or three, I'll go on an Itch spree and play a dozen or so recent Itch games.

There's a lot of slop, but some of the most creative ideas are coming out of the indie and homebrew scene.

And some people, like Daniel Linssen, consistently put out great little games.

Posted Image

#27 chakkman

chakkman

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 935 posts

Posted 19 September 2017 - 06:57 PM

"Oddworld, Abe's Oddysee" is free for a limited time on gog and Steam. I am not sure how good or bad it is, have never played it. Still, if you are interested, just get it.

It's great. There is a remake with better graphics, gameplay and sound though, which is very true to the original: http://store.steampo...ld_New_n_Tasty/

It's only a fiver ATM too. 

#28 Destined

Destined

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1520 posts

Posted 06 November 2017 - 03:08 PM

For anyone interested, WatchDogs is available for free on Uplay right now. It said for me, that it is not yet released. No idea why, but I assume it will be unlocked soon.

#29 Bikerdude

Bikerdude

Mod hero

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19975 posts

Posted 06 November 2017 - 04:47 PM

It was never a good game, got slated n most reviews. That and uplay is even worse for spying on users that origin is...

• Judith likes this

#30 freyk

freyk

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 643 posts

Posted 07 November 2017 - 12:03 AM

I love that game and the second part is even better!

#31 Destined

Destined

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1520 posts

Posted 07 November 2017 - 07:36 AM

It was never a good game, got slated n most reviews. That and uplay is even worse for spying on users that origin is...

I know it did not get very good reviews, but if it is good to waste a couple of hours without paying anything for it, it is fine with me. And regarding the spying by Uplay, I do not know where you got that opinion. I did a quick search and did not find anything that would support your statement. Of course, this does not mean that it might be true, but at least it is not as known for it as is Origin.

#32 Aosys

Aosys

• PipPip
  • 214 posts

Posted 09 November 2017 - 03:49 PM

For anyone who likes point-and-click games, Syberia 1 is free on GOG for the next 48-ish hours.

• Destined likes this

#33 Destined

Destined

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1520 posts

Posted 21 November 2017 - 01:40 AM

And another game that is free for the next day: Brütal Legend is currently available for free on humblebundle.com

#34 Aosys

Aosys

• PipPip
  • 214 posts

Posted 21 November 2017 - 02:27 PM

MDK is also free on GOG for the next 42ish hours.

#35 Destined

Destined

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1520 posts

Posted 24 November 2017 - 06:39 AM

Around 30 hours left on Sanctum 2 for free, again on humblebundle. Not my kind of game, bit if anyone is interested...

#36 Destined

Destined

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1520 posts

Posted 08 December 2017 - 03:58 PM

If anyone is interested: Homefront is available for free at humblebundle.com this weekend. I am not much of an ego shooter fan myself, but if anyone wants to try it...

#37 Bikerdude

Bikerdude

Mod hero

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19975 posts

Posted 08 December 2017 - 04:15 PM

If anyone is interested: Homefront is available for free at humblebundle.com this weekend. I am not much of an ego shooter fan myself, but if anyone wants to try it...

For a 'free' game its ok and can be completed in a weekend. But HF2 is far better.

#38 lowenz

lowenz

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1801 posts

Posted 09 December 2017 - 03:57 PM

For a 'free' game its ok and can be completed in a weekend. But HF2 is far better.

Yes.

It's the right price :D

Task is not so much to see what no one has yet seen but to think what nobody has yet thought about that which everybody see. - E.S.

#39 Aosys

Aosys

• PipPip
  • 214 posts

Posted 12 December 2017 - 01:49 PM

Grim Fandango Remastered is free for the next 43ish hours on GOG:

https://www.gog.com/...ango_remastered

• Judith, Anderson and Destined like this

#40 Anderson

Anderson

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1028 posts

Posted 12 December 2017 - 02:01 PM

Grim Fandango Remastered is free for the next 43ish hours on GOG:

https://www.gog.com/...ango_remastered

Wow thanks!

"I really perceive that vanity about which most men merely prate — the vanity of the human or temporal life. I live continually in a reverie of the future. I have no faith in human perfectibility. I think that human exertion will have no appreciable effect upon humanity. Man is now only more active — not more happy — nor more wise, than he was 6000 years ago. The result will never vary — and to suppose that it will, is to suppose that the foregone man has lived in vain — that the foregone time is but the rudiment of the future — that the myriads who have perished have not been upon equal footing with ourselves — nor are we with our posterity. I cannot agree to lose sight of man the individual, in man the mass."...

- 2 July 1844 letter to James Russell Lowell from Edgar Allan Poe.

#41 lowenz

lowenz

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1801 posts

Posted 12 December 2017 - 04:33 PM

Such a '90s jewel!

Task is not so much to see what no one has yet seen but to think what nobody has yet thought about that which everybody see. - E.S.

#42 stumpy

stumpy

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1798 posts

Posted 12 December 2017 - 04:39 PM

i wonder how you get money back on a free item.

#43 Anderson

Anderson

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1028 posts

Posted 13 December 2017 - 07:19 AM

i wonder how you get money back on a free item.

Is that sarcasm, or?

"I really perceive that vanity about which most men merely prate — the vanity of the human or temporal life. I live continually in a reverie of the future. I have no faith in human perfectibility. I think that human exertion will have no appreciable effect upon humanity. Man is now only more active — not more happy — nor more wise, than he was 6000 years ago. The result will never vary — and to suppose that it will, is to suppose that the foregone man has lived in vain — that the foregone time is but the rudiment of the future — that the myriads who have perished have not been upon equal footing with ourselves — nor are we with our posterity. I cannot agree to lose sight of man the individual, in man the mass."...

#44 Aosys

Aosys

• PipPip
  • 214 posts

Posted 13 December 2017 - 11:29 PM

If that ain't enough, Assassin's Creed Black Flag is free on Uplay for the holidays (until December 18)!

I've been curious to play it despite myself, so now I guess I have no excuse :D

#45 Bikerdude

Bikerdude

Mod hero

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19975 posts

Posted 14 December 2017 - 11:32 AM

Won't touch uplay and origin for that matter with a 10ft pole.

#46 Anderson

Anderson

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1028 posts

Posted 14 December 2017 - 12:19 PM

I don't think Assassin's Creed is worth the hype. It's a glorified action thriller.

#47 Destined

Destined

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1520 posts

Posted 14 December 2017 - 05:38 PM

Black Flag was fun to play. More of a pirate game than an Assassin's Creed, but maybe that's for the best... Anyway, I liked it. But it has been milked pretty bad in the last years, so I have not played any games after black flag and I don't have the feeling that I am missing much.

By the way: Company of Heroes 2 is free on humblebundle for a limited time.

#48 Aosys

Aosys

• PipPip
  • 214 posts

Posted 19 December 2017 - 12:44 PM

Aaaaand now Oxenfree is free on GOG for the next 44ish hours:

https://www.gog.com/game/oxenfree

• Judith likes this

#49 Destined

Destined

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1520 posts

Posted 19 December 2017 - 03:44 PM

Yay for Christmas sales/offers ;)

#50 stumpy

stumpy

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1798 posts

Posted 19 December 2017 - 10:44 PM

assassins creed's stealth is the hide in long grass, and pop up in front of guards who say they've seen something but don't come to have a look unless they can see a corpse, or you whistle at them.

although the back ground story is assassins against knights temple who are both after apples of eden that were left by a long dead advanced race of beings that may have created humans in the far distant past.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users