#52 lowenz

lowenz

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1712 posts

Posted 25 January 2018 - 05:36 PM

Thanks!

A Machine for Pigs has an awesome plot :D

Task is not so much to see what no one has yet seen but to think what nobody has yet thought about that which everybody see. - E.S.

#53 chakkman

chakkman

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 744 posts

Posted 26 January 2018 - 05:55 PM

I hope you guys don't mind posting this here, but, i'm having a great time playing No One Lives Forever ATM, classic spy stealth shooter game, for those who don't know it. :) I have the German Game of the Year Edition, but, watched a Let's Play of the original English version on Youtube, and found the English synchro quite a lot better, so i Googled a bit for it, and Google came up with a site where someone offered both the first and the second part in a "Revival Edition", with widescreen, and modern PC fixes, and No-CD's patches applied. The legal situation is a bit "unclear" as the games are not being sold anymore, and there's confusion over who owns the rights for the games, Night Dive Studios obviously were serious about obtaining the rights, and developing a remake, as they did with System Shock, but, the negotiations obviously went inconclusive. It is surely not legal to offer the games like that, of course, so i won't post any links, but, if you own a legit copy, i guess there's no point in not getting it. The first part works absolutely perfect here on Windows 10 Home 64-bit, and i'm having a great time playing it through (almost done now). I played it ages ago, probably more than 10 or 12 years ago, and already had great fun back then, but, don't remember most of the game, because i only played it through once. Sort of the "mother" of all spy stealth games, with some nice humour, and a great female protagonist. :)

#54 lowenz

lowenz

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1712 posts

Posted 27 January 2018 - 03:46 AM

About NOLF 2, use dgVoodoo2 + ReShade 3.x on top of the widescreen mod!

And maybe Indirect Sound to re-enable correct positional/spatial sound (but there's a little bug to bust with LithTech Engine: me and jonpol - Indirect Sound author - are working on it :D )

Edited by lowenz, 27 January 2018 - 03:46 AM.

Task is not so much to see what no one has yet seen but to think what nobody has yet thought about that which everybody see. - E.S.

#55 chakkman

chakkman

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 744 posts

Posted 27 January 2018 - 09:00 AM

Thanks for the tip. :) I haven't tried NOLF 2 yet, but, surely will after i'm done with the first part.

#56 Aosys

Aosys

• PipPip
  • 196 posts

Posted 16 February 2018 - 01:28 PM

Dungeons II is free on GOG for the next 43-ish hours:

https://www.gog.com/game/dungeons_2

• Abusimplea likes this

#57 chakkman

chakkman

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 744 posts

Posted 16 February 2018 - 02:14 PM

Origin gives away Dead Space: https://www.origin.c...es/on-the-house Great game, highly recommended. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users