• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

#1 greebo

greebo

Heroic Coder

• Root
  • 15982 posts

Posted 13 July 2017 - 08:22 AM

Here's the DR 2.3.0 pre5 build for motivated mappers to test. It's mostly a stabilisation release, fixing a couple of issues across all platforms, but there are a few editing changes in there.

Windows Installer x64: https://drive.google...WENyYThVZ0dnbUU

Windows Portable x64: https://drive.google...X09LdzJJU0JwYk0

Linux folks need to compile this stuff from source, instructions for various distributions are on the wiki.

macOS App (experimental): https://drive.google...VGdzSWtXc1JSbXc

(Feedback wanted: let me know if any of you is even considering mapping in macOS)

If you happen to run into a crash, please record a crashdump: How to record a crashdump

Changes since 2.2.0 can be seen on the Bugtracker changelog, important stuff includes so far:

- Ability to disable grid snapping when holding down CTRL key
- Hitting ESC during a Model Resize operation doesn't cancel properly
- Option to scale models by a set amount
- Improved playback options in the sound picker window

- Remember last opened GroupDialog tab and re-open it on next startup

- Fixed: you can reparent Primitives to any Entity, not just func_statics

- Add option to reset keyboard shortcuts to defaults
- Filter menu disappears from top bar when editing filters

- Switched script interpreter to Python 3
- Switch to VC++ 2017 tool chain
- Auto-save XML files to user settings folder when the app is idle

- Various windows won't open (Linux)
- Group Dialog tabs are broken in SplitPane Layout
- Recent maps menu becomes empty after use (Linux)
- Holding down the SurfaceInspector toggle key S leads to crashes in debug builds (Linux)
- Panel sizes not persisted between startups (Linux)
- Rare crash during shutdown when switching GroupDialog tabs

changes since 2.3.0pre1

- Added option to specify an absolute path to a map as startup argument

- Fixed jumpy model scale manipulator behaviour with grid-snapping enabled

- Double-clicking items in the Sound Chooser dialog now toggles its expanded state (like all other browsers)

changes since 2.3.0pre2

- Fixed missing menu items (like Readable Editor)

changes since 2.3.0pre3

- Add option to draw grid in the RenderPreview

- Fixed: In a TDM 2.0 game with no fs_base_path, the PK4 names show up as top level nodes in Sound and Entity Choosers

- Fixed: Darkradiant crashes when trying to open the prefab menu under file > import prefab (Linux)

- Test invalid visportals script should check for wronlgy parented visportals

changes since 2.3.0pre4

- Fixed: MD5 animation viewer does not render properly (Linux)

- Added option to ignore light volumes when calculating default pivot location (#4578)

- Fixed: Groups do not persist through func_static cloning

- Fixed: GUI Selector in Readable Editor doesn't accept the selection (Linux)

- Fixed: Menu items gone missing again (Linux)

Thanks to all testers for any feedback, without your help DarkRadiant wouldn't be half as stable.

Edited by greebo, 21 July 2017 - 11:29 PM.
pre5

#2 nbohr1more

nbohr1more

Darkmod PR, Wordsmith

• Development Role
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8128 posts

Posted 13 July 2017 - 08:51 AM

Nice improvements!

I'll do a little testing tonight.
Please visit TDM's IndieDB site and help promote the mod:

http://www.indiedb.c...ds/the-dark-mod

(Yeah, shameless promotion... but traffic is traffic folks...)

#3 Bikerdude

Bikerdude

Mod hero

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18893 posts

Posted 13 July 2017 - 09:17 AM

- Fixed: you can reparent Primitives to any Entity, not just func_statics

This is interesting, what exactly does this allow a mapper to do? Can the mapper parent a brush or patch to a model then..?

macOS App (experimental): https://drive.google...bks2VFgxaXZlYkU

(Feedback wanted: let me know if any of you is even considering mapping in macOS)

Will test on my MacPro - but the flipside of this is are any of the team working on the Mac version of TDM.

Edited by Bikerdude, 13 July 2017 - 09:19 AM.

#4 Bikerdude

Bikerdude

Mod hero

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18893 posts

Posted 13 July 2017 - 10:30 AM

Ran DR on my MacPro then opened and map and it crashed. I am running MacOS 10.12

Spoiler

Edited by Bikerdude, 13 July 2017 - 10:44 AM.

#5 greebo

greebo

Heroic Coder

• Root
  • 15982 posts

Posted 13 July 2017 - 10:33 AM

This is interesting, what exactly does this allow a mapper to do? Can the mapper parent a brush or patch to a model then..?

The wording can be misleading. It was possible to reparent stuff to any entity, with this fix that is no longer possible. Only func_*-style entities make sense in that respect.

Will test on my MacPro - but the flipside of this is are any of the team working on the Mac version of TDM.

No one of the team, as far as I'm aware. I somehow feel that the interest in a DarkRadiant Mac version is purely academic, but it was an interesting side-quest for me at least, to learn something new.

#6 greebo

greebo

Heroic Coder

• Root
  • 15982 posts

Posted 13 July 2017 - 10:35 AM

Ran DR on my MacPro then opened and map and it crashed -

Thanks for testing, I'll try to reproduce that.

(Wow, what a dump. Can you put it within spoiler tags, please?)

#7 Bikerdude

Bikerdude

Mod hero

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18893 posts

Posted 13 July 2017 - 10:39 AM

(Wow, what a dump. Can you put it within spoiler tags, please?)

Trying to do just that but the bloody forum is being difficult.. Manage to edit it via chrome as FF was a bit a pain.

Edited by Bikerdude, 13 July 2017 - 10:43 AM.

#8 greebo

greebo

Heroic Coder

• Root
  • 15982 posts

Posted 13 July 2017 - 11:34 PM

I've uploaded a new mac build for you.

Obviously compiler switches are interpreted differently in debug and release configurations in LLVM, leading to typeinfo symbols marked as non-external in release builds.

#9 Bikerdude

Bikerdude

Mod hero

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18893 posts

Posted 14 July 2017 - 04:14 AM

Right so CTD fixed (on the mac version) and here is what I have noticed thus far -

• map loading noticeably slower than PC
  • otherview and camera speed as fast as PC - ^_^
  • seeing missing textures on the Mac version - tried for 30 mins to replicate the paths on my PC with no joy

Attached File  Capture.JPG   43.1KB   0 downloadsAttached File  Capture1.JPG   47.67KB   0 downloads

Edited by Bikerdude, 14 July 2017 - 04:48 AM.

#10 greebo

greebo

Heroic Coder

• Root
  • 15982 posts

Posted 14 July 2017 - 04:38 AM

I have the paths set like this:

Game Type: The Dark Mod 2.0

Engine Path: c:\games\darkmod

Mod: fms/church

Mod Base:

#11 Bikerdude

Bikerdude

Mod hero

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18893 posts

Posted 14 July 2017 - 04:48 AM

Sorry fella I was refering the Mac version, the paths point to the relevent location but Im seeing missing textures.

#12 greebo

greebo

Heroic Coder

• Root
  • 15982 posts

Posted 14 July 2017 - 05:23 AM

Can you copy the contents of your darkradiant.log file to pastebin? It's in /Users/greebo/.darkradiant/darkradiant.log

#13 Bikerdude

Bikerdude

Mod hero

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18893 posts

Posted 14 July 2017 - 07:05 AM

hmm cant find that file or floder. Did a search in spotlight for darkradiant.log and nada there also.

WIll drop you a PM.

#14 Bikerdude

Bikerdude

Mod hero

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18893 posts

Posted 14 July 2017 - 10:43 AM

Can you copy the contents of your darkradiant.log file to pastebin?

Done -

https://pastebin.com/Z3rAS8g7

and here also just in case -

Spoiler

#15 Bikerdude

Bikerdude

Mod hero

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18893 posts

Posted 14 July 2017 - 10:45 AM

Not had any issues with the PC version yet, but still testing that.

Edited by Bikerdude, 14 July 2017 - 10:45 AM.

#16 greebo

greebo

Heroic Coder

• Root
  • 15982 posts

Posted 15 July 2017 - 12:20 AM

These messages:

[shaders] ShaderLibrary: definition not found: textures/darkmod/wood/boards/rough_trim_brown_dull
[shaders] Unable to load texture: _default
[shaders] ShaderLibrary: definition not found: textures/darkmod/nature/grass/nontiling/thick_straw01_dark
[shaders] ShaderLibrary: definition not found: textures/darkmod/wood/boards/rough_wood_darkbrown_dull_ns
[shaders] ShaderLibrary: definition not found: Default
[shaders] ShaderLibrary: definition not found: textures/darkmod/stone/natural/dirty_sepia_grey
[shaders] ShaderLibrary: definition not found:
[shaders] ShaderLibrary: definition not found: textures/darkmod/stone/sculpted/tiling_1d/trim_flatblocks_dark
[shaders] ShaderLibrary: definition not found: textures/darkmod/stone/sculpted/concrete_trim
[shaders] ShaderLibrary: definition not found: textures/darkmod/decals/vegetation/dead_leaf
[shaders] ShaderLibrary: definition not found: textures/darkmod/decals/vegetation/dead_leaf_dark
[shaders] ShaderLibrary: definition not found: textures/darkmod/metal/detailed/panel_pattern_iron
[shaders] ShaderLibrary: definition not found: models/darkmod/stone/natural/dirty_sepia_grey_ns
[shaders] ShaderLibrary: definition not found: textures/nature/foliage/tree02_branch_bare2
[shaders] ShaderLibrary: definition not found: textures/darkmod/other/wicker01_dirty
[shaders] ShaderLibrary: definition not found: textures/darkmod/metal/detailed/rivet_strip01_dark
[shaders] ShaderLibrary: definition not found: window_side_2
[shaders] ShaderLibrary: definition not found: nodraw
[shaders] Unable to load texture: models/darkmod/map_specific/spring5/red_lamp
[shaders] ShaderLibrary: definition not found: textures/darkmod/decals/signs/sign_tea
[shaders] ShaderLibrary: definition not found: textures/darkmod/wood/panels/wood_walnut_panel02
[shaders] ShaderLibrary: definition not found: textures/readables/newspaper_bridgeport_review01
[shaders] ShaderLibrary: definition not found: textures/readables/newspaper_spine1
[shaders] ShaderLibrary: definition not found: tdm_straw_transparency_dark
[shaders] ShaderLibrary: definition not found: textures/darkmod/wood/panels/wood_sand01_panel
[shaders] ShaderLibrary: definition not found: tdm_alembic_grey
[shaders] ShaderLibrary: definition not found: tdm_alembic_dark
[shaders] ShaderLibrary: definition not found: textures/darkmod/metal/detailed/nontiling/metal_plate_rivets01
[shaders] ShaderLibrary: definition not found: tdm_alembic_grey_nss
Material keyword not recognised: twosided_decal_macro
[shaders] Unable to load texture: textures/decals/stain01bwet

Are they referring to the missing textures you were experiencing? If yes, can you confirm that these materials actually exist in your mac installation?

#17 Bikerdude

Bikerdude

Mod hero

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18893 posts

Posted 15 July 2017 - 04:56 AM

I will double check, but they should be there as I did a direct copy and paste from the PC.

#18 greebo

greebo

Heroic Coder

• Root
  • 15982 posts

Posted 15 July 2017 - 09:25 AM

There's a new pre3-build available in the first post, some menu items were missing in the previous builds.

#19 nbohr1more

nbohr1more

Darkmod PR, Wordsmith

• Development Role
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8128 posts

Posted 15 July 2017 - 07:59 PM

Hmm.

The "Describes available Mouse Commands" window in the lower left appears to be covering some menu options
and there's no way to scroll or navigate to them.

(Windows 10 64-bit)
Please visit TDM's IndieDB site and help promote the mod:

http://www.indiedb.c...ds/the-dark-mod

(Yeah, shameless promotion... but traffic is traffic folks...)

#20 greebo

greebo

Heroic Coder

• Root
  • 15982 posts

Posted 16 July 2017 - 01:18 AM

Screenshot?

#21 Bikerdude

Bikerdude

Mod hero

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18893 posts

Posted 16 July 2017 - 06:27 AM

Found a minor bug, prefs window is larger than it needs to be and larger than it was in 2.2.1. Resizing and closing & opening several times to get DR to remember windows size & location made no difference.

Attached File  Capture.JPG   109.45KB   0 downloads

@Nbohr, cant find that window your refering to fella.

Edited by Bikerdude, 16 July 2017 - 06:56 AM.

#22 greebo

greebo

Heroic Coder

• Root
  • 15982 posts

Posted 16 July 2017 - 08:00 AM

Yes, the preferences dialog is set to use up 70% of the monitor's width - depending on the monitor you have that's far too much or far too small. The auto-sizing stuff is not working very well, or at least I'm not using it correctly.

#23 Bikerdude

Bikerdude

Mod hero

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18893 posts

Posted 16 July 2017 - 08:04 AM

Are they referring to the missing textures you were experiencing? If yes, can you confirm that these materials actually exist in your mac installation?

I will double check, but they should be there as I did a direct copy and paste from the PC.

Copied and opened up the same FM & Darkmod folder on the PC and here is the console output for that.

- https://pastebin.com/5jYU9q68

I then checked for the first missing texture on the list - textures/darkmod/wood/boards/rough_trim_brown_dull. The file and material def is preset on both the Mac and PC

• \Darkmod\tdm_textures_base01.pk4\materials\tdm_wood_boards.mtr
  • \Darkmod\tdm_textures_wood01.pk4\textures\darkmod\wood\boards\rough_wood_brown_dull

I then discovered what the issue was, at some point in the past (months ago) I had extracted some of the folders from within the .PK4 archives. So removed said folders and the missing textures issues is now fixed.

Edited by Bikerdude, 16 July 2017 - 08:12 AM.

#24 Bikerdude

Bikerdude

Mod hero

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18893 posts

Posted 16 July 2017 - 08:06 AM

Found 3 more bugs minor

1. with the mac version, when you close the application OSX / DR is throwing up a popup saying it crashed, when clearly it had not (see attached below)
  2. On the PC if you hold ctrl+windows and left click on ortho, the camera moves to that location, on the mac I tried ctrl+cmd and then various other combinations but nothing worked.
  3. When doing selecting some options from the main menu, for example keyboard short cuts - it takes a while for the window to popup. And similarly after selecting reload materials takes a while longer than the PC version to popup.

Attached File  Screen Shot 2017-07-16 at 14.03.07.png   78.44KB   0 downloads

Edited by Bikerdude, 16 July 2017 - 08:11 AM.

#25 greebo

greebo

Heroic Coder

• Root
  • 15982 posts

Posted 16 July 2017 - 08:26 AM

Found 3 more bugs minor

1. with the mac version, when you close the application OSX / DR is throwing up a popup saying it crashed, when clearly it had not (see attached below)
  2. On the PC if you hold ctrl+windows and left click on ortho, the camera moves to that location, on the mac I tried ctrl+cmd and then various other combinations but nothing worked.
  3. When doing selecting some options from the main menu, for example keyboard short cuts - it takes a while for the window to popup. And similarly after selecting reload materials takes a while longer than the PC version to popup.

attachicon.gifScreen Shot 2017-07-16 at 14.03.07.png

ad 1) what does the "Report..." dialog say? It should give some more information about what happened.

ad 2) the keyboard modifiers are a bit different on the Mac. When you hold down a modifier there should be some info in the lower left corner about what it does. Or you can check in the Edit > Mouse Bindings... dialog to see what combination should move the cam.

ad 3) that might be, the dialogs are doing a lot of preparation in the background, sometimes they're waiting for a worker thread to finish, or whatever - difficult to say.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users