DarkRadiant 2.3.0 is available for download. This is a feature release containing many bugifxes and stabilisations, plus a few features and tweaks. It's recommended to prefer this version over any previous release.
Windows Downloads are available on github: https://github.com/c...eases/tag/2.3.0
Thanks go out to our ever-reliable pre-release testers!
Please report any bugs or feature requests here in these forums, following these guidelines:
- Bugs (including steps for reproduction) can go directly on the tracker. When unsure about a bug/issue, feel free to ask.
- If you run into a crash, please record a crashdump: Crashdump Instructions
- Feature requests should be suggested (and possibly discussed) here in these forums before they may be added to the tracker.
Changes since 2.2.0
- Ability to disable grid snapping when holding down CTRL key
- Hitting ESC during a Model Resize operation doesn't cancel properly
- Option to scale models by a set amount
- Improved playback options in the sound picker window
- Remember last opened GroupDialog tab and re-open it on next startup
- Fixed: you can reparent Primitives to any Entity, not just func_statics
- Add option to reset keyboard shortcuts to defaults
- Filter menu disappears from top bar when editing filters
- Switched script interpreter to Python 3
- Switch to VC++ 2017 tool chain
- Auto-save XML files to user settings folder when the app is idle
- Various windows won't open (Linux)
- Group Dialog tabs are broken in SplitPane Layout
- Recent maps menu becomes empty after use (Linux)
- Holding down the SurfaceInspector toggle key S leads to crashes in debug builds (Linux)
- Panel sizes not persisted between startups (Linux)
- Rare crash during shutdown when switching GroupDialog tabs
- Added option to specify an absolute path to a map as startup argument
- Fixed jumpy model scale manipulator behaviour with grid-snapping enabled
- Double-clicking items in the Sound Chooser dialognow toggles its expanded state (like all other browsers)
- Fixed missing menu items (like Readable Editor)
- Add option to draw grid in the RenderPreview
- Fixed: In a TDM 2.0 game with no fs_base_path, the PK4 names show up as top level nodes in Sound and Entity Choosers
- Fixed: Darkradiant crashes when trying to open the prefab menu under file > import prefab (Linux)
- Test invalid visportals script should check for wronlgy parented visportals
- Fixed: MD5 animation viewer does not render properly (Linux)
- Added option to ignore light volumes when calculating default pivot location (#4578)
- Fixed: Groups do not persist through func_static cloning
- Fixed: GUI Selector in Readable Editor doesn't accept the selection (Linux)
The list of changes can be found on the our bugtracker changelog.
Have fun mapping!