Compiling SVN Version on Linux

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 DasCapschen

DasCapschen

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 23 July 2017 - 09:11 AM

I'm a bit confused about compiling the SVN version of TDM on linux.

As far as I understood, after installing prerequisites one should simply run the `linuxBuild.sh`, and while scons produces `thedarkmod` executable, the script also references a `gamex86-base.so` and a `tdm_game02.pk4` file, both of which do not exist before, nor are they created during compilation...

So is the script simply outdated and these these files no longer needed or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks in advance :)

#2 freyk

freyk

• PipPip
  • 493 posts

Posted 23 July 2017 - 09:35 AM

Just a quick question:
Have you played TDM yet? If not, why compile code, if you can just download the binaries using the updater?
(or set the needed folders using the tdm rpm/deb packages)

Have a read on tdm compilation guide and please do a search on this forum for this subject.
you will find topics such like compiling-tdm-204-under linux.
Please compare that info with the wiki article and

please post your findings here, so we can add this to the article.

Edited by freyk, 23 July 2017 - 09:50 AM.

#3 DasCapschen

DasCapschen

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 23 July 2017 - 10:01 AM

Yes I have played TDM yet, I was compiling the SVN version because I wanted to see if I could help development of TDM.

I have read the compilation guide, but that just tells me to run the linuxBuild.sh.

I'd really just like to know if gamex86-base.so and tdm_game02.pk4 should be created by the compilation process or not, because I did not run into any error messages, yet they are missing although linuxBuild.sh mentions them.

Should it be an error that these files are missing I would investigate why that is and post my finding here :)

• nbohr1more likes this

#4 stgatilov

stgatilov

• Development Role
  • PipPip
  • 469 posts

Posted 25 July 2017 - 12:11 PM

I have read the compilation guide, but that just tells me to run the linuxBuild.sh.

I'd really just like to know if gamex86-base.so and tdm_game02.pk4 should be created by the compilation process or not, because I did not run into any error messages, yet they are missing although linuxBuild.sh mentions them.

I think we should remove this linuxBuild.sh.

I did not update it after last changes.

I have no idea why is it needed at all, given that scons file can run any python code itself.

Please build TDM by invoking scons directly.

Simply go into source directory, and run "scons" or "scons --help".

UPDATE: This command should work:

scons BUILD="release"

• DasCapschen likes this

#5 DasCapschen

DasCapschen

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 28 July 2017 - 04:33 AM

Yes thanks, the scons build runs just fine, as I said I just didn't know if the linuxBuild.sh was up-to-date, apparently not :)

Now I can actually go and find and report bugs, as before I couldn't be sure I wasn't the problem.

Thanks for your answer! :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users