Photo

PSA: Watch out for (A.K.A avoid) Windows 10 S.

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#26 kano

kano

• PipPip
  • 186 posts

Posted 01 August 2017 - 10:17 AM

https://www.theregis...ows_10s_review/

Here's a demonstration of exactly what I was talking about.

#27 chakkman

chakkman

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 701 posts

Posted 01 August 2017 - 10:58 AM

Maybe to further discussions? That way you can easily say, "I agree", but have to actually write, if you disagree, which may either prompt you to elaborate on your own or prompt others to ask why you disagree. A dislike button might simply be overlooked.

Thing is, it appears kind of biased, when there's a Like, but no Dislike button. Is it all just cream, or is there room for criticism too? Why a Like button in the first place anyway? If you want to discuss, or agree or disagree, it would be best to post why you agree or disagree anyway, instead of just cheering, or boo'ing.

#28 Olivir2016

Olivir2016

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 02 August 2017 - 03:55 AM

Windows 10 S - your whole life is a slippery slope. You always have to keep up the ballance of things. And Windows 10 S is not a devil. Even so, Microsoft is not. Also, MS stating (https://www.microsof...ws/windows-10-s) "Microsoft-verified security: Your applications are delivered via the Windows Store ensuring Microsoft-verified security and integrity." seems pretty obvious to me. No app through other means than Windows Store. Furthermore, you can upgrade WIndows 10 S to Pro.

MS Paint - it is not killed (at least now). It will be a separate UWP download on WIndows Store.

#29 bobrpggamer

bobrpggamer

• PipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 17 August 2017 - 09:59 PM

I did not read the entire post here, but i did read a lot and my opinion of Windows 10 HP: It's garbage, I have been able to use windows 98 to Windows (even Windows Vista has a more stable experience) with minimal problems, but every time I install Windows 10 there is nothing but problems, and I am not exaggerating.

Just had to say that. i have used Windows 7 for 7-8 years to this day without much of a hick-up.

I am not trying to be a dick, Windows 10 and me are not compatible and again I am not exaggerating - I cannot install Windows 10 without problems, I have tried about 4-5 times on a fresh formatted SSD, and then I Have serious problems within a day or two, and this is from a fresh OEM CD with a valid CD key and after being activated and bought from NewEgg, along with the latest downloads from Microsoft ISO download.

Sorry about the watch PC thing but it was a bit fucked up guys, I don't want to live in my truck on welfare because I cannot find a job from the people that hate me. Guys if you don't like me just ban me, i am not going to make a big deal about it.

Edited by bobrpggamer, 17 August 2017 - 11:32 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users