Choking Gas

4 replies to this topic

#1 Destined

Destined

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1220 posts

Posted 12 August 2017 - 06:49 AM

Regarding the water GUI: do you know how difficult it would be to only have the breath bar appearing without the player being under water? I am thinking about some kind of "choking gas", so the player cannot breathe, but without the player being able to swim around. Do you know if something like this has alredy been done? If not, I will look for myself how I can achieve this.

#2 Springheel

Springheel

Creative Director (retired)

• Admin
  • 36361 posts

Posted 12 August 2017 - 07:55 AM

Regarding the water GUI: do you know how difficult it would be to only have the breath bar appearing without the player being under water? I am thinking about some kind of "choking gas", so the player cannot breathe, but without the player being able to swim around. Do you know if something like this has alredy been done? If not, I will look for myself how I can achieve this.

I had thought about something like that, but never got around to experimenting with it. 

#3 Destined

Destined

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1220 posts

Posted 12 August 2017 - 01:25 PM

Ok, I will have a look at it myself, as soon as I have access to my PC again.

#4 Obsttorte

Obsttorte

Scripting guru, Mapper

• Active Developer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5062 posts

Posted 12 August 2017 - 01:54 PM

Try applying "damage_noair" to the player.

FM's: Builder Roads, Old Habits, Old Habits Rebuild
WIP's: Several. Although after playing Thief 4 I really wanna make a city mission.
Mapping and Scripting: Apples and Peaches
Sculptris Models and Tutorials: Obsttortes Models
My wiki articles: Obstipedia
Let's Map TDM YouTube playlist: ObstlerTube
Texture Blending in DR: DR ASE Blend Exporter

End of shameless self promotion.

#5 Dragofer

Dragofer

Modeler

• PipPip
  • 452 posts

Posted 12 August 2017 - 02:11 PM

Maybe you can tweak the entity def for liquid_water? The swimmable property seems to be linked to the top surface of the brush being water, while the breath limit and overlay seems to come from being inside a liquid_water entity.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users