Yesterday I installed 'The Dark Mod' version 2.05 on my computer.
('tdm_update.linux' worked great, but took FOREVER. The resultant 'thedarkmod.x86' file is 6.5 MB in size.)
- When starting the program (./thedarkmod.x86), I get great audio, but only a black screen (window).
- When running on full desktop mode (not in a window), both monitors go black.
- I can hear clicking when I move the (invisible) mouse pointer within the black screen.
- Unfortunately, the only way I found to get things back to 'normal' is to do a 'CTRL+ALT+BACKSPACE', since I cannot get the mouse pointer to my desktop (when running in window mode).
- I cannot see what errors I may have gotten when launching from the command line, because of having to re-start my session (see line above).
My computer system:
OS: Linux Mint 17.3 (64 bit)
CPU: Intel Core i7-3610QM @ 2.30 GHz x 4
System RAM: 8 GB
Video Controller: Intel 3rd Gen Core processor
Video Card: AMD / ATI Heathrow PRO [Radeon HD 7850M/8850M]
Video RAM Available: 2048 MB
Displays: Laptop [1920 x 1080 (16:9)], Standalone monitor [1920 x 1080 (16:9)]
Anyway, from searching the forum for possible things to do to get video, I changed the following lines in my Darkmod.cfg file:
seta com_videoRam "2048"
seta r_aspectRatio "1"
seta r_fullscreen "0"
seta r_customHeight "900"
seta r_customWidth "1600"
seta r_mode "-1"
seta sys_videoRam "0"
Still, I get the black screen (window).
My Darkmod.log shows:
Any thoughts on how to actually 'see' what is hiding inside the black screen (or window)?
Edited by GreyGhost, 15 August 2017 - 12:15 PM.