DarkRadiant 2.4.0 is available for download. This release fixes a few annoying bugs and introduces a new Model Export feature, allowing editors to export the current selection to ASE, LWO or OBJ (including brushes, patches and models). It's recommended to prefer this version over any previous release.
Windows Downloads are available on github: https://github.com/codereader/DarkRadiant/releases/tag/2.4.0
Thanks go out to all who helped testing this release!
Please report any bugs or feature requests here in these forums, following these guidelines:
- Bugs (including steps for reproduction) can go directly on the tracker. When unsure about a bug/issue, feel free to ask.
- If you run into a crash, please record a crashdump: Crashdump Instructions
- Feature requests should be suggested (and possibly discussed) here in these forums before they may be added to the tracker.
Changes since 2.3.0
- Add "Export as Model" dialog to save selection as LWO/ASE/OBJ
- Expose GlobalSelectionGroupManager to Python scripts
- Replaced boost::filesystem with std::experimental::filesystem in GCC (if available)
- Switched Python binding framework to pybind11 (instead of boost.python)
- Add Reload Models and Reload Skins button to Model Selector
- Added game file for Prey
- Snapshots feature is now notifying about reaching the configured folder size limit
- Intermittent crash when selecting/manipulating lots of patches
- Crash on Undo after saving a map with one or more scaled models
- Let user choose between available Model Export Formats for scaled models
- Fixed missing Group Dialog tabs in Floating layout
The list of changes can be found on the our bugtracker changelog.
Have fun mapping!