• Please log in to reply
177 replies to this topic

#176 Destined

Destined

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1645 posts

Posted 11 December 2018 - 02:20 PM

I actually did not know that Good Omens was co-authored by Neil Gaiman (or rather did not recognise the name), although I loved the book and have read it several times. I just recently discovered him as an author through American Gods (the Amazon show first, then I read the book, because I wanted to know how it ends). I knew that he had his hands in the Spawn comic series (and the ensuing copyright discussion that led to the character Angela now belonging to Marvel), but never thought of him as a book author...

I myself am currently reading the Witcher novels after loving the games. One of my favourite series would be the "Malazan Book of the Fallen" series by Steven Erikson. Very complex, tons of characters, but definitely worth reading. And one very positive thing (in contrast to Song of Ice and Fire): it is finished.

#177 Amadeus

Amadeus

• PipPip
  • 177 posts

Posted 11 December 2018 - 02:34 PM

Ha, the Witcher novels are fantastic. Definitely an enjoyable read. And Neil Gaiman has his hands in a lot of things, but as far as I remember he started out as a novelist. He did the Sandman graphic novels, he wrote a couple episodes for Doctor Who, and he does a fair bit of collaborations with other authors (as shown by Good Omens). But if you are looking to read more of Gaiman, pick up his book "Neverwhere". It's a wonderful urban fantasy novel (one of his first I believe), and I think that its setting will appeal to a lot of Dark Mod fans. 

#178 Obsttorte

Obsttorte

Scripting guru, Mapper

• Active Developer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5773 posts

Posted 11 December 2018 - 04:59 PM

76238908.jpg

Made my day :D

FM's: Builder Roads, Old Habits, Old Habits Rebuild
WIP's: Several. Although after playing Thief 4 I really wanna make a city mission.
Mapping and Scripting: Apples and Peaches
Sculptris Models and Tutorials: Obsttortes Models
My wiki articles: Obstipedia
Let's Map TDM YouTube playlist: ObstlerTube
Texture Blending in DR: DR ASE Blend Exporter

End of shameless self promotion.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users