Posted 14 January 2018 - 04:47 AM

that video is not TDM.

#502 V-Man339

V-Man339

Perfectionist Taffer

• PipPip
  • 356 posts

Posted 14 January 2018 - 06:57 AM

That's TD4: The Alchemist being run on the beta.

The audio is me playing that while watching a Youtube video on the other monitor.

I like to record difficult stealth games, and right now you wonderful people are the only ones delivering on that front.
Click here for the crappy channel where that happens.

#503 Springheel

Springheel

Creative Director (retired)

• Admin
  • 36759 posts

Posted 14 January 2018 - 08:57 AM

:huh:

The TDM menu at the start was a clue.....

#504 Goldwell

Goldwell

Team Member

• Active Developer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2238 posts

Posted 14 January 2018 - 09:50 AM

I tested the prefab MerryChest fixes, but I'd appreciate it if someone else could double-check them. Just drop the chests into a map and see if the chest lids open properly and the keys inside are frobable.

Just tested this out on the latest build.

- All chests open properly

- All chests close properly

- All keys inside the chests are frobable

- The key for chest number 6 had a typo it's inventory name and entity name is "MerryChest6Key1", so the 1 at the end needs to be removed

All chests lock using the key inside except for these two:

- Chest number 5's key doesn't work for the chest because it's name is "MerryChest6Key" when it should be "MerryChest5Key"

- The key inside chest number 3 doesn't work because it's named incorrectly, it is named "MerryChest1Key1" when it should be named "MerryChest3Key"

I have just corrected all of those bugs, and put all of the chests into another map just to be sure and there weren't any issues so they should be all fixed now.

Revision number 15144

• Anderson likes this

The Accountant Series
Part 1: Thieves and Heirs | Part 2: New In town

Lord Edgar Series
Lord Edgar's Bathhouse

Stand Alone Missions
Spring Cleaning

#505 grayman

grayman

Master Builder, Coder

• Active Developer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12157 posts

Posted 14 January 2018 - 09:52 AM

Thanks!

Not sure how I missed those discrepancies.

#506 grayman

grayman

Master Builder, Coder

• Active Developer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12157 posts

Posted 14 January 2018 - 10:02 AM

Um, one problem.

You made those changes directly in the 2.06 branch, and you're not supposed to do that. The changes should have been made in the trunk, the rev numbers given to me, and I would have merged them to 2.06.

As it is now, anyone using the trunk won't see the corrections you made.

While I was double-checking the work I did, I found one more problem with chest 4, so I'll straighten everything out. 

#507 Goldwell

Goldwell

Team Member

• Active Developer
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2238 posts

Posted 14 January 2018 - 10:25 AM

Um, one problem.

You made those change directly in the 2.06 branch, and you're not supposed to do that. The changes should have been made in the trunk, the rev numbers given to me, and I would have merged them to 2.06.

As it is now, anyone using the trunk won't see the corrections you made.

While I was double-checking the work I did, I found one more problem with chest 4, so I'll straighten everything out. 

Sorry about that!

Here are the chests if you want to upload them, i'm not going to dive back into the SVN again.

https://mega.nz/#!Ja...o0PPMMLtxRqY3HU

The Accountant Series
Part 1: Thieves and Heirs | Part 2: New In town

Lord Edgar Series
Lord Edgar's Bathhouse

Stand Alone Missions
Spring Cleaning

#508 grayman

grayman

Master Builder, Coder

• Active Developer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12157 posts

Posted 14 January 2018 - 08:58 PM

I'm not entirely sure whether this belongs in the bug section but I've noticed inconsistent behavior with regards to frobbing a particular key, easy sometimes, difficult others.

I'm not sure if this is due to beta or not as I haven't played this mission in past versions, but suffice it to say due to the old nature of the mission I don't think it'll be a level specific fix and thus I decided to post it here.

I think it may have to do with the opening and closing of the cabinet?

It looks like somehow the frobability of the key has become reversed.

Using the savegame, I can't frob the key with the desk door open, but if I close it, I can frob the key from beneath the desk. This is the reverse of the expected behavior.

It works in 2.05.

It also works in 2.06 if I start the mission from scratch.

I'll post a bugtracker issue, but it won't get looked at in 2.06, since it's difficult to say what exactly happened to the frobability of the key as the desk gets opened and closed. I checked the map for possible opening/closing of other desks, cabinets, etc. pointing to this desk (which we've seen in at least one other map), but there's no such problem here.

Maybe someone else will encounter the problem. Until then, there's nothing I can do with this.

• V-Man339 likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users