The Dark Mod Forums

Beta Testing 2.06

grayman

About FXAA, why isn't it already implemented in TDM as a viable AA option? (and so applied only to the scene and NOT to the HUD)

*FBO downscaling/downsampling (SSAA-like)

*MSAA

*FXAA

must be present as options in the "video" menu (the first two in mutual exclusion).

Edited by lowenz

Task is not so much to see what no one has yet seen but to think what nobody has yet thought about that which everybody see. - E.S.

It was too late in the development cycle to add it. It'll most likely be in 2.07 unless we have MSAA working and it's decided that the option

makes things too cluttered (etc). It would have my vote at least.

• Like 1

Please visit TDM's IndieDB site and help promote the mod:

http://www.indiedb.com/mods/the-dark-mod

(Yeah, shameless promotion... but traffic is traffic folks...)

That is a planned feature. Currently it's not possible to do granular per-light control.

We'll be recommending that mappers design their maps with hard shadows in mind until that feature is available.

• Like 2

I'm using the Intel GPU and it's still playable FPS (for me) on the "Very High" soft shadow setting, granted on an i7-6K.

Good to know that I'm not the only one running TDM on Intel

Do you have r_usefbo 1 and if so do you often see depth fighting?

Will the new version be out after New Year's ? I'll soon be testing some minor content I'd like to officially add to the new version, if no one minds.

64-bit.

Did it not support 64-bit until now ?

• Like 1

Sorry, I really did mean "minimum system requirements" and not "what buy to get all shinies"

For example, is saying 64-bit another way of saying "32-bit no longer supported"? That tends to happen with software, I've noticed.

With everything beaten down in a CFG would the project still run on a dual-core system? All the CPUs mentioned seem to be (unsurprisingly) at least quads, if I'm not mistaken.

Sorry, I really did mean "minimum system requirements" and not "what buy to get all shinies"

For example, is saying 64-bit another way of saying "32-bit no longer supported"? That tends to happen with software, I've noticed.

With everything beaten down in a CFG would the project still run on a dual-core system? All the CPUs mentioned seem to be (unsurprisingly) at least quads, if I'm not mistaken.

x86 support is always there :D

Remember that all dual core CPUs (since 2006) are x64 compliant.

And if you got 4 GB of system RAM an x64 OS is the best choice.

Edited by lowenz

Task is not so much to see what no one has yet seen but to think what nobody has yet thought about that which everybody see. - E.S.

Excellent answers, thank you all. :)

But what about the length of the beta ? Do I still have time to finish my little project before I offer it for inclusion ?

• Like 1

Could a developer hook me up with the beta test forum please? Thanks!

I've moved the beta-testing thread here so no one needs special access to join in. The more the merrier.

http://forums.thedarkmod.com/topic/19162-beta-testing-206/

• Like 3

To not clug the testing thread with of-topic questions i ask here.

I'm curious is the new video code capable of being integrated into complex materials? I'm not talking about using the videoMap keyword only to call videos, i mean can you apply, for example, to a mp4 video the same effects that you can to a normal texture? For example alpha transparency? GLSL Shaders?

I'm pretty sure it's the same as with ROQ.

To my knowledge, you can use videoMap as in input stage in a multi-stage material so all effects are on the table.

GLSL shaders? Hmm. I wonder if newstage works with those. @Duzenko?

Edit: No, thus far we only support ARB assembly for "newstage" attributes for surface textures.

GLSL is only being used for Light interactions and internal engine operations (emulated legacy blend modes, etc).

To not clug the testing thread with of-topic questions i ask here.

I'm curious is the new video code capable of being integrated into complex materials? I'm not talking about using the videoMap keyword only to call videos, i mean can you apply, for example, to a mp4 video the same effects that you can to a normal texture? For example alpha transparency? GLSL Shaders?

Whip up a test a map and create a new forum thread with a feature request

Ok good news and nice to now that at lest ARB shaders are supported, in that way you guys can apply some nice effects to full screen videos, in real time, if that is what you want, thanks for the info. :)

btw...can you help with my question on the of-topic section? ;)

Whip up a test a map and create a new forum thread with a feature request

I will if you really want, but i just asked for curiosity sake, i don't work with the TDM engine but fhdoom, i'm stuck with ROQ, but for now it has not been a hindrance to me. :)

Edited by HMart