Blender TDM Material Manager Plugin - updated to version 2.3.0

31 replies to this topic

#26 R Soul

R Soul

• PipPip
  • 155 posts

Posted 08 January 2018 - 04:44 PM

Updated to version 2.2.1.

Some decal textures weren't being extracted due to their .pk4 file having a slightly different structure to the others.

Same download links as before, but since we're now on page 2:

Download:
http://catmanofiowa....rialManager.zip
edit 24th December: version 2.2.1

Readme:
http://catmanofiowa....M/MMReadme.html

Edited by R Soul, 08 January 2018 - 05:01 PM.

#27 R Soul

R Soul

• PipPip
  • 155 posts

Posted 12 January 2018 - 07:16 PM

A tiny update, same links as above.

I found that the material name scanner woun't go to the first line in an .mtr file, so this wouldn't have found the extremely rare occurrence of the material you want being defined right at the start of the file. Most files begin with a comment. I discovered the bug due to writing some custom materials.

• RPGista likes this

#28 RPGista

RPGista

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1590 posts

Posted 02 February 2018 - 09:57 AM

Thats brilliant work man, its a shame I cant seem to find any time to work on blender these past few months. Any help with setting up materials is such a blessing, its the single most annoying aspect of modeling for me, all the paths and materials and placing the textures here and there... 

#29 Judith

Judith

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1597 posts

Posted 02 February 2018 - 10:25 AM

If there's one good remedy for that, it's using as few materials per mesh as possible. It's also very beneficial for performance.

#30 R Soul

R Soul

• PipPip
  • 155 posts

Posted 14 October 2018 - 06:48 PM

I've updated this addon. Now, when a texture is shared by multiple materials, it lists each of them as values of a set of custom properties. You can then paste the correct value to your Blender material name, and set the NoChange custom property to keep the chosen material.

It does this for collision textures too. You'll end up with 36 custom properties to choose from.

Same link as before, but reposting anyway:

http://catmanofiowa....rialManager.zip

Reinstalling it is very easy. Just download the above, in Blender go to User Preferences > Addons >Install from file. Select the zip file and it'll overwrite the previous version.

Edited by R Soul, 14 October 2018 - 06:50 PM.

• Skaruts likes this

#31 Skaruts

Skaruts

• PipPip
  • 246 posts

Posted 14 October 2018 - 08:05 PM

I'm having a little issue with it finding me a wrong texture. The shader name is textures/darkmod/stone/brick/rough_big_blocks02 (copied from DR), but it chooses the texture from the file rough_big_blocks02_cornerstone_light.dds, instead of rough_big_blocks02.dds.

Meanwhile, is there a way to lock a texture so it doesn't change it when I load textures for new materials? 

EDIT: I just installed the new version, btw, but it still chooses that wrong texture.

Edited by Skaruts, 14 October 2018 - 08:07 PM.

#32 R Soul

R Soul

• PipPip
  • 155 posts

Posted 15 October 2018 - 12:42 PM

The material can be locked by giving it a custom property called NoChange with a value of 1.

I'll look in to the example you gave and see if it's a code bug or if it's an error that can't be avoided. I'll edit this post with my findings, unless there's another reply to this thread in the meantime.

edit: On my PC the correct texture is assigned. Does your 'extracted textures' folder have the same structure as the pk4 files. E.g. some_path/stone/brick, some_path/wood/panels etc?

Edited by R Soul, 15 October 2018 - 03:14 PM.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users