Idear for treasures Inspired by other Games

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Kurshok

Kurshok

• PipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted 29 November 2017 - 04:04 PM

Are there any particular treasures from other games that involved thievery that you would enjoy seeing as "easter eggs" in a mission? Such as from Skyrim, the Sly Cooper series, or the Uncharted series?

#2 Abusimplea

Abusimplea

• PipPip
  • 226 posts

Posted 29 November 2017 - 07:02 PM

Hmm, this thread was at least a post longer last time i checked...

Skyrim was rather disappointing regarding loot (and its placement). But you could add some glass or ebony stuff to the display of some armour shop.

But i would like to see more diverse loot in general. More different gems, rings, pendants, coins, necklaces, staves, books, paintings (although we already got a lot of that), trinkets, representative weapons and armour.

#3 teh_saccade

teh_saccade

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 570 posts

Posted 29 November 2017 - 11:56 PM

You've got two, mate..: http://forums.thedar...by-other-games/ <--- previous thread, a moment before you created this duplicate.

One needs a clean-up.

You're talking about new models or classes for loot, rather than anything else?

In one map that's half-baked somewhere... one part of the mission cast the player in an investigative role, as well as that of opportunist thief.

Spoiler

Edited by teh_saccade, 30 November 2017 - 01:13 AM.

#4 Kurshok

Kurshok

• PipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted 30 November 2017 - 02:00 AM

I have no idea how to delete a double post. Crap.

#5 wesp5

wesp5

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 529 posts

Posted 30 November 2017 - 07:28 AM

In one map that's half-baked somewhere... one part of the mission cast the player in an investigative role, as well as that of opportunist thief.

That sounded really interesting! Why don't you try to finish it? Screw bad aligned carpet textures, finish the map, release it and fix the carpet later...

Edited by wesp5, 30 November 2017 - 07:29 AM.

#6 CarltonTroisi

CarltonTroisi

• PipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 30 November 2017 - 02:51 PM

(removed my stupid insensitive comment)

It's a rather cynical thought to think that the only way toward the heart of a lass, for boffins like me, is to offer up a fat resume with a fat income, to prove worthiness.

Pray tell, why is it an awkward geek is not good enough by himself minus the materialist trappings?

Edited by CarltonTroisi, 05 December 2017 - 02:32 PM.

#7 teh_saccade

teh_saccade

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 570 posts

Posted 04 December 2017 - 03:37 PM

//

Edited by teh_saccade, 08 December 2017 - 01:42 AM.

• CarltonTroisi likes this

#8 Abusimplea

Abusimplea

• PipPip
  • 226 posts

Posted 04 December 2017 - 05:34 PM

This plus every other terrible act in my life is why I provoke users on the internet (such as here) to dislike me.

So the plan for your expeiation is to increase the grief in forums on the internet? As a TDM forum user i obviously strongly dislike that idea.

Please search for a method to manage your grief that does not add more of it to the world.

As an example for a good start, you could complete your missions for 2.06 ;)

#9 Kurshok

Kurshok

• PipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted 04 December 2017 - 10:50 PM

So the plan for your expeiation is to increase the grief in forums on the internet? As a TDM forum user i obviously strongly dislike that idea.
Please search for a method to manage your grief that does not add more of it to the world.

As an example for a good start, you could complete your missions for 2.06 ;)

Yeah, uh, telling a guy to get over his grief for his dead wife and child and get to work on a video game for you is a but of a cuntish move there. Putting up a smiley face just makes it worse.
  • teh_saccade likes this

#10 Kurshok

Kurshok

• PipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted 04 December 2017 - 10:56 PM

Okay, for loot ideas, what about the Orbs from Spyro 2: Ripto's Rage? Or the golden prosthetic penis of a dead foreign madman you have to get from the morgue, as a nod to Goldmember from the Austin Powers movie of the same name?

#11 CarltonTroisi

CarltonTroisi

• PipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 05 December 2017 - 02:01 PM

Yikes, that quite makes me speechless.  And makes my comment look all the more stupid, petty, etc.  My apologies, it's a "foot in the mouth" moment... a good example of how envy and insecurity distorts the mind.

I don't think Abusimplea is being a selfish fool with his suggestion, necessarily... I think the idea being it might be a good way to get his mind off some terrible circumstances.

Edited by CarltonTroisi, 05 December 2017 - 02:25 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users