Where can I download the tutorials?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 wanderer

wanderer

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 December 2017 - 01:16 PM

I've installed the version 1.07 but there are no missions in the list. I know the tutorials were suppose to be part of the install but I don't see them. Where can I download the tutorial? I have a limited 4G LTE data plan so I don't want to use the updater or download the latest stand alone version. The new version is like 3 gigabytes. Thanks.

#2 freyk

freyk

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 542 posts

Posted 10 December 2017 - 04:30 PM

Do we have tutorials which can be downloaded?
I know only the video tutorials from youtube and texttutorials on the wiki.

For the game download 2.0 standalone from moddb the dark mod.
But my advice is to download the newest version from another location/provider/internetprovider.

Edited by freyk, 10 December 2017 - 04:38 PM.

#3 Petike the Taffer

Petike the Taffer

• PipPip
  • 246 posts

Posted 10 December 2017 - 05:17 PM

For modding, I've personally only used the tutorials and documentation on the wiki, one or two videos for insight, and some of the advice here on the forums.

I've installed the version 1.07 but there are no missions in the list. I know the tutorials were suppose to be part of the install but I don't see them. Where can I download the tutorial? I have a limited 4G LTE data plan so I don't want to use the updater or download the latest stand alone version. The new version is like 3 gigabytes. Thanks.

The way I dealt with it back when I had limited download sizes was to run the updater to a third or a half, wait until another month, then run the updater again, to let it finish the whole download and install everything. A rather convoluted solution, but it's one way you can download the latest full game package even if you have download limits as low as 2 GB a month. B)

#4 freyk

freyk

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 542 posts

Posted 11 December 2017 - 03:43 AM

Its possible to download a tdm-wiki article, for offline viewing.
open the article, select printable version of a page and save it.

As a test, I downloaded the whole wiki using with wget (for windows).
Example:
.\wget --mirror --convert-links --html-extension --no-parent --no-check-certificate --wait=0 http://wiki.thedarkmod.com c:\temp\test

Warning: The download takes time. 2.5 hours and 602 mb.

Edited by freyk, 11 December 2017 - 07:18 AM.

#5 wanderer

wanderer

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 December 2017 - 10:33 AM

Sorry, I meant the Training Missions.

http://www.thedarkmo...ondetails/?id=5

They don't show up when I start the game and there is no download link on the mission page. I shouldn't have called them the tutorials. Sorry for the confusion.

#6 Abusimplea

Abusimplea

• PipPip
  • 226 posts

Posted 11 December 2017 - 12:30 PM

The training mission is included in TDM. It is automatically installed by the updater. In case of precarious internet connectivity use the connectivity of friends or a cybercafé to get a full TDM installation. As you are at it, use same connection to get all the other missions by using the ingame downloader. There are quite a lot of em and you will probably need some months to play through all of em...

#7 freyk

freyk

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 542 posts

Posted 12 December 2017 - 05:44 AM

Well, one of the official tdm-mirrors has a open directory, where you can download the pk4 file of the trainingsmission (training_mission.pk4).
(then create a folder in the "fms" folder named "training_mission", put pk4 in there, run tdm, install trainingsmission from the installed mission list)

But I dont know if it works on 1.07,
so please to update to the newest version 2.05, if you have the chance.
or wait a short time for 2.06.

Edited by freyk, 23 December 2017 - 03:22 AM.

#8 Obsttorte

Obsttorte

Scripting guru, Mapper

• Active Developer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5375 posts

Posted 12 December 2017 - 05:23 PM

I have a limited 4G LTE data plan so I don't want to use the updater or download the latest stand alone version. The new version is like 3 gigabytes. Thanks.

You can download the mod elsewhere and copy it on a usb stick or similar. That's how I've handled it back in the day when I was in a similar situation. Depending on where you live you might be able to do so in a library, an university or at your workplace :) (if you have no friend with a good internet connection)

• Goldwell likes this
FM's: Builder Roads, Old Habits, Old Habits Rebuild
WIP's: Several. Although after playing Thief 4 I really wanna make a city mission.
Mapping and Scripting: Apples and Peaches
Sculptris Models and Tutorials: Obsttortes Models
My wiki articles: Obstipedia
Let's Map TDM YouTube playlist: ObstlerTube
Texture Blending in DR: DR ASE Blend Exporter

End of shameless self promotion.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users