I like being able to sit in the sofa when I play games, so I made a layout for a Xbox360 gamepad using Xpadder. I thought I might post it here in case someone found it useful:
NOTE: This is v2. I messed up v1 - it used a modified TDM control setting. This version uses the standard keyboard and mouse settings.
This is the unmodified button layout.
This is the modified layout, with left trigger held down.
- Left trigger shifts to the second layout when held down. I have tried to keep the most important things in the unmodified layout, or in both.
- The layout in general uses the default keyboad and mouse settings, with some additions for otherwise unbound actions.
- The left analog stick goes from creep -> walk -> run, depending on how much it is pressed forward
- "Put away" sheaves weapons
- There is no button for clearing the inventory - I use the compass button for that
- Many buttons cycle through things: objectives, maps, readables, lockpicks
- You need to set "next inventory group" and "prev inventory group" in the TDM settings as these are originally unbound. I use "." and "," in this xpadder layout.
- The inventory grid is not mapped since it is hard to use without an actual mouse, but Prev / Next group makes the inventory management easier
- The ESC button is not mapped either - using the menu system with the pad is possible but clumsy. I keep a wireless mouse and keyboard close anyway.
- Leaning is not possible while moving, but I found myself not needing it much
The actual configuration. Copy + paste into a plain text file and change file ending to ".xpadderprofile". (this is v2)
;--- Xpadder Profile File --- DataType=Profile Version=2017.05.01 [Profile Settings] [Set Settings] Set1StickDeadZones=40,53 [Assignments] Set1Button1Name=Mantle Set1Button1Slots=C Set1Button2Name=Use Item Set1Button2Slots=Enter Set1Button3Name=Frob Set1Button3Slots=Right Mouse Button (2) Set1Button4Name=Jump Set1Button4Slots=Space Set1Button5Name=Manipulate Set1Button5Slots=Middle Mouse Button (3) Set1Button6Name=Put Away Set1Button6Slots=Back-Tick Set1Button7Name=Maps Set1Button7Slots=M Set1Button8Name=Objectives Set1Button8Slots=O Set1Button9Name=Crouch Set1Button9Slots=X Set1Button10Name=Spyglass Set1Button10Slots=G Set1DPadUpName=Next Weapon Set1DPadUpSlots=Mouse Wheel Down Set1DPadRightName=Inv. Next Set1DPadRightSlots=Left Square Bracket Set1DPadDownName=Prev Weapon Set1DPadDownSlots=Mouse Wheel Up Set1DPadLeftName=Inv. Prev Set1DPadLeftSlots=Right Square Bracket Set1Stick1UpSlots=Left Control,W,DISTANCE ZONE 30%,W,DISTANCE ZONE 80%,Left Shift,W Set1Stick1RightSlots=Left Control,D,DISTANCE ZONE 30%,D Set1Stick1DownSlots=Left Control,S,DISTANCE ZONE 20%,S Set1Stick1LeftSlots=Left Control,A,DISTANCE ZONE 30%,A Set1Stick2UpSlots=Mouse Move Up Set1Stick2UpMouseSpeed=60 Set1Stick2RightSlots=Mouse Move Right Set1Stick2RightMouseSpeed=60 Set1Stick2DownSlots=Mouse Move Down Set1Stick2DownMouseSpeed=60 Set1Stick2LeftSlots=Mouse Move Left Set1Stick2LeftMouseSpeed=60 Set1TriggerLeftName=Set 2 Set1TriggerLeftSetSelect=1 Set1TriggerRightName=Attack Set1TriggerRightSlots=Left Mouse Button (1) Set2Button1Name=Lockpicks Set2Button1Slots=P Set2Button2Name=Keys Set2Button2Slots=K Set2Button3Name=Frob Set2Button3Slots=Right Mouse Button (2) Set2Button4Name=Lantern On/Off Set2Button4Slots=L Set2Button5Name=Readables Set2Button5Slots=I Set2Button6Name=Put Away Set2Button6Slots=Back-Tick Set2Button7Name=Compass Set2Button7Slots=V Set2Button8Name=Readables Set2Button8Slots=I Set2Button9Name=Crouch Set2Button9Slots=X Set2Button10Name=Spyglass Set2Button10Slots=G Set2DPadRightName=Next Grp Set2DPadRightSlots=Dot Set2DPadDownName=Drop Item Set2DPadDownSlots=R Set2DPadLeftName=Prev Group Set2DPadLeftSlots=Comma Set2Stick1UpName=Lean F Set2Stick1UpSlots=F Set2Stick1RightName=Lean R Set2Stick1RightSlots=E Set2Stick1LeftName=Lean L Set2Stick1LeftSlots=Q Set2Stick2UpSlots=Mouse Move Up Set2Stick2UpMouseSpeed=32 Set2Stick2RightSlots=Mouse Move Right Set2Stick2RightMouseSpeed=32 Set2Stick2DownSlots=Mouse Move Down Set2Stick2DownMouseSpeed=32 Set2Stick2LeftSlots=Mouse Move Left Set2Stick2LeftMouseSpeed=32 Set2TriggerLeftName=Set 2 Set2TriggerLeftSetSelect=0 Set2TriggerRightName=Attack Set2TriggerRightSlots=Left Mouse Button (1)
Here is the profile as a .txt file. Change the file ending to ".xpadderprofile" to make it work. Ignore the usual complaints from windows.
dark_mod_xpadderprofile.txt 2.69KB 0 downloads (this is v2)
While this layout uses a 360 gamepad, it should be easy to adjust it to a xbone or ps4 pad as well. Getting the left stick movement speed might take some experimenting, but it's really just setting the "distance %" values right.
Any comments of suggestions? An obvious alternative is to use a good wireless mouse and keyboard, but I found that to be somewhat cumbersome while sitting in a sofa.
Edited by Lavender, 18 December 2017 - 03:29 AM.