frob wardrobe jewellery box

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 letran

letran

• PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 17 December 2017 - 10:26 AM

I have a jewellery box inside a wardrobe, both are prefabs. Once the jewellery box has opened, upon closing its lid the wardrobe doors are no longer frobbable. You can see the highlighted frob disappear the moment the lid clicks shut. What could be the cause ?

thanks

#2 Springheel

Springheel

Creative Director (retired)

• Admin
  • 36763 posts

Posted 17 December 2017 - 11:24 AM

Most chests have a frob-blocker attached, that shuts down frobbing when the lid is closed so players can't take objects through the chest walls.  Maybe your box lid is triggering the frob-block on the wardrobe.

Turn your clip-filter off if you have one so you can see the frob-blocker entity.

#3 letran

letran

• PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 17 December 2017 - 12:26 PM

Yes that's the cause. Removing the jewellery box frob-blocker entity causes the wardrobe to keep functioning. However that means i can frob the jewellery box before picking it. I tried separating the wardrobe frob-blocker into two parts to see if it was the touching that was causing it but that didnt help.

The box has a target on it for the control but the wardrobe doesn't. I'm afraid i'm not sure what to try next.

BTW I'd like to thank you Springheel for your video tutorials. After giving up mapping a few years ago because i just didn't have time to read and learn, I've restarted with renewed vigor due to yourself and some others within the Darkmod community. Video tuts are so easy to watch and learn - i'd like to share some screenshots for you but not sure how to attach to this post.

• Springheel likes this

#4 Springheel

Springheel

Creative Director (retired)

• Admin
  • 36763 posts

Posted 17 December 2017 - 01:57 PM

I tried separating the wardrobe frob-blocker into two parts to see if it was the touching that was causing it but that didnt help.

I think you can put a thin frob-blocking brush just inside the door, so it blocks the player being able to frob the box, but doesn't actually touch the box.

BTW I'd like to thank you Springheel for your video tutorials.

Glad they're helpful!

#5 letran

letran

• PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 17 December 2017 - 03:43 PM

Thanks - I gave that a try with no success and then settled on adding 'immune_to_target_setfrobable' 1 to both the wardrobe doors so they never get affected.

Seems to work as expected.

• Springheel likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users